NHL Quiz

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah you beat me to it jc.

Did they score on their first shot? If so, mario probably would've been in that list too.

ah i can definetly rule out v.c.'s answer as zach's 1st playoff shot did not go in and marns, im not even sure of the answer you were specifising, but the answer has nothing to do with scoring on the man advantage

as i came to check the nhl quiz thread, i went to just read up more on things relating to the answer, and it seems i have found a few sources that contradict the answer. therefore, just to be safe, im going to ask another question that is along very similar lines. so:

What do Ray Bourque, Phil Esposito, Bobby Hull, Jason Arnott and Chuck Kobasew have in common? EDIT: To make it a tad easier, add Trent Hunter as well.

Basically the answer is along the same lines as the original question. And all guesses so far remain incorrect.
Hint: Dismiss anything related to scoring, points or assists.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All debuted with or against Calgary?

all started their first playoff game as a flame?

Bourque only played with the Bruins and Avs. Espo played while the Flames were in Atlanta, and didn't play with the franchise, either. Hull was in the WHA when the Flames were around. Arnott has never played for the Flames, ditto Hunter.

As for the question - I have absolutely no idea.

One out of left field, are they all natural blood-nuts?

Btw, get your answers in quickly everyone, because this one "expires" tonight just before midnight.

This one has me completely stumped. Every left field guess I can come up with has one or two players that I know are an exception to the guess.

Well, you've got us all jc. What was the answer? Anyway, it's open for anyone to ask a question now, so while I'm here...

Who was the last goalie to record a win in at both the Maple Leaf Gardens and the Montreal Forum?
HINT: It was the same goalie on both occasions.

sorry bout that guys, without sounding cocky it was too hard, the answer was they all wore #7 during some part of their career. as for this, not sure, i'll keep out of this thread for a while

Vic Crow said:
Well, you've got us all jc. What was the answer? Anyway, it's open for anyone to ask a question now, so while I'm here...

Who was the last goalie to record a win in at both the Maple Leaf Gardens and the Montreal Forum?
HINT: It was the same goalie on both occasions.

Mike Vernon?

iluvparis said:
Mike Vernon?
Nope. I'll give another hint coz it's been 24 hours.
This goalie is still currently active in the NHL. On one occasion he was the hometown hero in the last game at the historic stadium and on the other occasion he was a visiting goalie who spoiled the show.

Peter Sidorkiewicz said:
Thibault?
Thibault is correct. He led the Habs to a 4-1 win over Dallas in the last game at the Montreal forum on March 11 1996 and as a Blackhawk he earnt a 6-2 win against the Leafs in the last game at Maple Leaf Gardens on February 13 1999.
Your question Peter Sidorkiewicz (love the name, by the way).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back