Moved Thread Nick Daicos or Will Ashcroft?

Who is more damaging inside?

• Nick Daicos

Votes: 79 61.2%
  • Will Ashcroft

Votes: 50 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

PieLebo87

Hall of Famer
Veteran A Star Wars Fan 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur
Sep 14, 2005
This one is for those loyal Lions fans who still think young Nick doesn’t quite do it as well in congestion. Now that he is spending abit more time in the middle, we’re starting to see the season’s averages skew in Nick’s favour.

Instead of the regular little squabbles in random threads, it’d be more fun to confine it to one thread for the pissing contest.

YTD, here are their averages: (Nick on the left, Will on the right)

IMG_0528.jpeg

Who does it look like that does it better in the congestion?

Poll end date is close of Round 23, when the Lions and Pies meet.

Both will be very good players for a very long time (hopefully with injuries permitting).

Ashcroft is playing well as a first year player that's in the midfield rotation for a top 4 team. Comparing him to Daicos who's played almost three times the amount of AFL games is a bit rough.

Kicking is going to be the thing he needs to work on the most (especially flattening out his kicks), as well as realising he has more time than he thinks and not rushing his disposal.

Daicos is having an amazing season, and will probably win the Brownlow in his second season.

With regards to the contested stuff, I think right now he's currently playing to his strengths as a smaller frame, and sometimes gets caught thinking about what he's going to do with the ball before he gets it. I think as he gets bigger and more confident with his body, he'll start trying to ride the contact and dish the ball off.

I figured it’s better to put it all in the one thread here instead of the constant lurking of some Lions posters in Collingwood match day threads regularly potting Daicos as soft and that he can’t handle a ‘hard tag’…

Daicos is already playing multiple positions highlighting his versatility. If he dedicates himself as the full time mid in the coming years, could get to Bontempelli-type levels.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A bit unfair to compare Will and Nick, as Will is in his first year and Nick is in his second.
Then again Nick is often compared to players further into their career, though still sometimes comes out on top.

Will Ashcroft is trekking to be a star no doubt.
Nick is just better.
No harm, no foul, would love to have either.

I actually think George Wardlaw may be your best young prospect, he is as hard as a cats head and is going to be an absolute gun IMO, a few draft pundits had him rated higher than Ashcroft in last years draft.

Ashcroft and Sheezel are both very good players but i would have Sheezel slightly ahead at the moment.

Wardlaw will be incredible

Back