Moved Thread Nick Daicos or Will Ashcroft?

Who is more damaging inside?

• Nick Daicos

Votes: 79 61.2%
  • Will Ashcroft

Votes: 50 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Will probably played his best game last night. Was in almost everything. Very clean, found space and used the ball very well.

Still think his round 2 game was his best - 31 touches, 9 clearances, 15 contested possessions against the Dees. He was a great contributor in easily our best midfield performance against them when we've been badly beaten by Oliver et al the last 2 years.

The topic of the thread is silly though, Daicos miles ahead for now and he had the better debut season than Ashcroft has had so far.

Last edited:
Refer to post #58 from one of your own.

Yes, in response to this thread started by you! LOL
Plus, my evidence in post 58 is incontrovertible. It’s there for all to see.

Yes, in response to this thread started by you! LOL
Plus, my evidence in post 58 is incontrovertible. It’s there for all to see.
There you go scott_the_man - in answer to your question, you’ve got someone in this very thread that rates Ashcroft higher. What’s stranger? The thread or that response?

There you go scott_the_man - in answer to your question, you’ve got someone in this very thread that rates Ashcroft higher. What’s stranger? The thread or that response?

I do encourage everyone to read post 58, it is enlightening isn’t it.

I do encourage everyone to read post 58, it is enlightening isn’t it.
Soz, too busy enjoying his 38 possession, 10 tackles and 8 clearance game on the weekend.

You keep enlightening us though with your commentary about a second year player who is leading the coaches votes and probably leading the Brownlow 😂

Soz, too busy enjoying his 38 possession, 10 tackles and 8 clearance game on the weekend.

You keep enlightening us though with your commentary about a second year player who is leading the coaches votes and probably leading the Brownlow 😂

Oh pie man I’ve not said he is a bad player, far from it. No need to get defensive, Nick is a great player!

I’ve enjoyed your mental gymnastics in this thread but alas I must get some work done today.

Oh pie man I’ve not said he is a bad player, far from it. No need to get defensive, Nick is a great player!

I’ve enjoyed your mental gymnastics in this thread but alas I must get some work done today.
You’re squibbing it almost as badly as Nick did at the GABBA 🤪

Refer to post #58 from one of your own. Fairly vocal about it elsewhere too.
If you took that post seriously and couldn't detect the sarcasm or humour in it then perhaps online forums are not the best place for you.

It's clear as day the bloke was just having a laugh and pulling your leg.

If you took that post seriously and couldn't detect the sarcasm or humour in it then perhaps online forums are not the best place for you.

It's clear as day the bloke was just having a laugh and pulling your leg.
You’re clearly deflecting or avoiding the full context because your mate has been fairly vocal on BF and if you refer to my quotes referencing them in here from other threads, you’ll find there isn’t any sarcasm or humour in his posts about Nick Daicos - he thinks he is soft.

Your subtle undertones and condescensions haven’t gone unnoticed though. You might wanna be even more discreet about them 😬

You’re clearly deflecting or avoiding the full context because your mate has been fairly vocal on BF and if you refer to my quotes referencing them in here from other threads, you’ll find there isn’t any sarcasm or humour in his posts about Nick Daicos - he thinks he is soft.

Your subtle undertones and condescensions haven’t gone unnoticed though. You might wanna be even more discreet about them 😬
There is a difference between thinking he is soft and stating that he is a better player. If you can quote me anyone saying that Ashcroft is a better player I'd be surprised.

Think you might be the one who is avoiding the context here.

FWIW I think Daicos is softer than Ashcroft too but that's not what the thread is about.

As if this is even close. Ashcroft is slow, he doesn't hurt with his disposals, he milks free a lot, and he has to go into the half back line to find easy marks. He isnt even clean. I've seen him fumble amd bumble all over the shop. I'd take both Fletcher's over Ashcroft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As if this is even close. Ashcroft is slow, he doesn't hurt with his disposals, he milks free a lot, and he has to go into the half back line to find easy marks. He isnt even clean. I've seen him fumble amd bumble all over the shop. I'd take both Fletcher's over Ashcroft.
for once we agree. Ashcroft is a worthy rising star contender. Daicos is a once-in-a-generation player. Silly comparison. And don't give me that crap about who has the hairier chest or pisses higher. :)

Back