No kidding!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 7, 2004
Pluto
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TOO
Big call i know, but i would go as far as to say, we have gone backwards. Whatever anyone says, we actually played a better style of footy before TW.
I would even go as far as to say, we are that shithouse now, that the tigers from the days of KB would give them a run for their money, no s**t. We are comical at best. How the **** can anyone think that a Daniel Jackson can play footy. FFS, pay me $10 bucks and i will get fit, and **** up as he does, and save the club 200K FFS. What the **** were they thinking?? Miller has set us up to wallow in the abyss for a looooooooooong time. ;)

@ Coggarules ... we have bigger problems than Jackson mate .... what about Tambling's "performance" today ... they would be better off putting a witches hat on the forward flank instead ... at least that would save salary cap and have less clangers.

Jake King, did he even hit a target today? apart from a Bulldogs jumper? The guy is worse than Tivendale.

Richard Fumbling LMAO not even worth a comment really.

Look at these 2 first Cogga before talking about Jackson.

Anyone who thinks we've gone backwards since 2004 either has a very short memory, wasn't watching, or both.

As disappointing as today was, we're light years ahead of that list.

On our worst day carrying injuries we'd pummel the 2004 best-22 just as convincingly as everyone else did.

Saying that is like wishing you had a starting midfield of Coughlan, Campbell, Johnson, with onball luminaries like Fleming, Hyde, Tivendale, Krakouer, Fiora and Rodan to back them up.

The only minor advantage our 2004 side has over today is an increasingly disinterested and recently badly injured Ottens, and an ageing Stafford.

As 'uncompetitive':eek: as we were today, let's not drift into the land of fantasy and compare then to now.

We've played arguably three of the top-4 sides this year first up and lost at two of our least favourite grounds (Kardinia and the Telstra Dump), it's hardly time for wrist slashing yet.

Realistic expectations didn't include a top-4 finish, they were grounded at playing finals as part of the top-4/8 group.

We've been horrible two weeks out of three, we have nineteen weeks left to play and the vast majority of them are against far easier opposition than we have had so far.

• Banned
Anyone who thinks we've gone backwards since 2004 either has a very short memory, wasn't watching, or both.

On our worst day carrying injuries we'd pummel the 2004 best-22 just as convincingly as everyone else did.

Saying that is like wishing you had a starting midfield of Coughlan, Campbell, Johnson, with onball luminaries like Fleming, Hyde, Tivendale, Krakouer, Fiora and Rodan to back them up.

The only minor advantage our 2004 side has over today is an increasingly disinterested and recently badly injured Ottens, and an ageing Stafford.

As 'uncompetitive':eek: as we were today, let's not drift into the land of fantasy and compare then to now.

We've played arguably three of the top-4 sides this year first up and lost at two of our least favourite grounds (Kardinia and the Telstra Dump), it's hardly time for wrist slashing yet.

Realistic expectations didn't include a top-4 finish, they were grounded at playing finals as part of the top-4/8 group.

We've been horrible two weeks out of three, we have nineteen weeks left to play and the vast majority of them are against far easier opposition than we have had so far.

dude, with all due respect, in the words of TW. We arent in the top flight's league. i.e. we are just making up numbers and last year, his selections were based purely on not making the 8, so as to be able to make 8th this year for his own sake. The other ridiculous suggestion that you kind of get sucked into is that you actually suggest that Carlton are a top 4 side. LMAO....FFS, get a grip dude....see reality for once, it will do you good. ;)

dude, with all due respect, in the words of TW. We arent in the top flight's league. i.e. we are just making up numbers and last year, his selections were based purely on not making the 8, so as to be able to make 8th this year for his own sake.

Wallace admitted to selecting sides which would prevent us making the eight last year Cogga?

Got a quote for that?

The other ridiculous suggestion that you kind of get sucked into is that you actually suggest that Carlton are a top 4 side. LMAO....FFS, get a grip dude....see reality for once, it will do you good. ;)

I'd say they're as good a chance as a couple of other sides to nail down 4th, and if they don't they shouldn't be far off.

I did say arguably three of the top-4 sides, only Carlton was arguable and remains that way.

It is noted that you didn't even attempt to argue the point that our list is as bad as being back where we started in 2004, which is the sensible choice, though you may want to acknowledge that. ;)

Big call i know, but i would go as far as to say, we have gone backwards. Whatever anyone says, we actually played a better style of footy before TW.

All I can say is you must have been absolutely crap in 2004, because yesterday was least skilled team I have seen play a game of AFL.

Wallace admitted to selecting sides which would prevent us making the eight last year Cogga?

Got a quote for that?

I'd say they're as good a chance as a couple of other sides to nail down 4th, and if they don't they shouldn't be far off.

I did say arguably three of the top-4 sides, only Carlton was arguable and remains that way.

man, before you go on, let me just reiterate to you that Tuck is a good player at the tigers, i.e. in our kick arse team. I will let you work out why the dawks passed the son of a legend up. Keep dreaming dude, he is just a plodder who has NFI when it comes to skill and smarts. I wont go on, we will reconvene when he is moved to a depth player at best. When that happens we will have a competitive unit. By that you will understand how i rate your opinons on most things. ;)

man, before you go on, let me just reiterate to you that Tuck is a good player at the tigers, i.e. in our kick arse team. I will let you work out why the dawks passed the son of a legend up. Keep dreaming dude, he is just a plodder who has NFI when it comes to skill and smarts. I wont go on, we will reconvene when he is moved to a depth player at best. When that happens we will have a competitive unit. By that you will understand how i rate your opinons on most things. ;)

They didnt pass him up you idiot. He did his knee and it was questionable if he would play again. We took a risk they didnt need to take.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would even go as far as to say, we are that shithouse now, that the tigers from the days of KB would give them a run for their money, no s**t. We are comical at best. How the **** can anyone think that a Daniel Jackson can play footy. FFS, pay me $10 bucks and i will get fit, and **** up as he does, and save the club 200K FFS. What the **** were they thinking?? Miller has set us up to wallow in the abyss for a looooooooooong time. ;)

Dont you get tired of making an ars of yourself?

Why dont you have a go at showing everyone how smart you are and list all the things the club needs to do to fix things. Its the easiest thing in the world to talk s hit after a loss.

man, before you go on, let me just reiterate to you that Tuck is a good player at the tigers, i.e. in our kick arse team. I will let you work out why the dawks passed the son of a legend up. Keep dreaming dude, he is just a plodder who has NFI when it comes to skill and smarts. I wont go on, we will reconvene when he is moved to a depth player at best. When that happens we will have a competitive unit.

After outright hiding from your opinions on Tuck all the 2nd half of last season, now you drag them out again after he's had a slow start to the season?

TFF.

The Hawks would take him back in a flash and over the next couple of years they may well wish they could do a straight swap of fragile, mercurial Travis, for tough as nails, reliable Shane.

By that you will understand how i rate your opinons on most things. ;)

Believe me, the feeling is mutual. Anyone stupid enough to rate our 2004 list as being right alongside our current list in terms of ability and future, clearly doesn't have two brain cells to rub together.

Believe me, the feeling is mutual. Anyone stupid enough to rate our 2004 list as being right alongside our current list in terms of ability and future, clearly doesn't have two brain cells to rub together.

yeah you got me on that one. BTW, give us the goss on the you beaut additions to the 2004 list please dude. Then when you have done that, give us the goss on how many brain cells TW must have, if the current line up is a mirror image save for 2 players, of the 2004 list.;)

Dont you get tired of making an ars of yourself?

Why dont you have a go at showing everyone how smart you are and list all the things the club needs to do to fix things. Its the easiest thing in the world to talk s hit after a loss.

as for you stupid. List all the things to fix?
Try this one on for size.
Throw out the current blueprint and put in a new one. It can do one of two things, **** up, like we are now, or imprve our fortunes.
The one thing you dont do is sit there and suck your thumb hoping things get better, when watching things get worse.
And yeah, dont know about you, but it is kind of easy to talk s**t after a loss, it gets easier when 1 loss becomes 3. But your vacuus skull only looks at the black and white of a win or loss, when its not about the result, its about the comedy capers we are seeing.
We have descended to the lows of the KB years with the quality and skill of most of our players. Whats the use of having a handful of skilled players, when you have a bucketload of crap, for them to have to dispose of it to? You tend to hesitate when you have skill and smarts, when you look up and see a Daniel jackson free calling for it, and think oh no not him again, oh well heres hoping and like clockwork back it comes, right over your head. ;)

as for you stupid. List all the things to fix?
Try this one on for size.
Throw out the current blueprint and put in a new one. It can do one of two things, **** up, like we are now, or imprve our fortunes.
The one thing you dont do is sit there and suck your thumb hoping things get better, when watching things get worse.
And yeah, dont know about you, but it is kind of easy to talk s**t after a loss, it gets easier when 1 loss becomes 3. But your vacuus skull only looks at the black and white of a win or loss, when its not about the result, its about the comedy capers we are seeing.
We have descended to the lows of the KB years with the quality and skill of most of our players. Whats the use of having a handful of skilled players, when you have a bucketload of crap, for them to have to dispose of it to? You tend to hesitate when you have skill and smarts, when you look up and see a Daniel jackson free calling for it, and think oh no not him again, oh well heres hoping and like clockwork back it comes, right over your head. ;)

Throw out the blueprint and replace it with what? A new one.... dddddddddduuuuuuuuuuuh

All you're good for is stating the obvious and carrying on like a small child about it.

The problems we saw out on the ground go way beyond your comprehension.

Throw out the blueprint and replace it with what? A new one.... dddddddddduuuuuuuuuuuh

All you're good for is stating the obvious and carrying on like a small child about it.

The problems we saw out on the ground go way beyond your comprehension.

the blueprint/game plan currently in place does not suit our list and the only reason to use it would be to avoid major blow outs.

our main asset is the pace alot of our younger players have so we needa game plan that requires run and carry having every body behind the ball only slows /clogs the game up and gives us no room to run and carry.

i would prefer to take other teams on with our strengths and get blown away than to watch us play this crap football we currently have on display.
we dont have the skills to chip the ball around we dont have the strength to win in it close t.w built the list to run and carry with speed yet we do the oppisite.

What I want to see in the next year is showing Cleve Hughes the door. I also want to see Gourdis developed into a Richo type role on the wing, he was ranked no.1 in the 20m sprint (2.3 sec), and ranked no.1 in the running vertical jump (101 cm), we really need to work with him. We have to realise we are going to have to say goodbye to Richo in the next year or 2, we have to prepare for the future. Dean Putt to be developed into a forward. In import part of preparing to the future is sorting out a list of who we can work with, who we cant, and who will not be in our long term future in say 2013 (Richo, Cousins). Drafting we should not draft anyone under the age of 24. At the moment playing people like Vickery isnt an issue to me, the boy needs game time in the VFL, why arnt we playing the guys who are untried and have been on our list a couple of years, where is the development here?

The tigers have lately been all show, no punch, no vision... Our club song says we will never weaken till the final sirens gone, risking head and shin (how ironic).

Yes we do need to work on our skills, but we really need to look at our drafting, our hardness. Also one thing that really has to be noted is player size, alot of our younger players just arnt developing and are still small....... Why is this happening? eg Shane Edwards

When drafting a player, you need someone with skills obviously but size shouldnt be an issue, this can be worked on but the Richmond Football club fail at this and cant develop our players.

The Hawks would take him back in a flash and over the next couple of years they may well wish they could do a straight swap of fragile, mercurial Travis, for tough as nails, reliable Shane.
Idiotic and ignorant post, look, Shane is a decent player, but he is 27, and won't be improving anytime in the future. Travis is only 22, and is one of the best in and under players we have had in a long time. His attack on the footy is nothing short of manical. Look, I'm not trying to troll, but that post is just utterly wrong. I'm confident most other hawk supporters would agree with me.

'I just lost my entire dole cheque on the pokies, no harm whatsoever in pawning my TV and stereo at Cash Converters to have another crack, right?

I might just come out ahead and I'll never know if I don't do it!'

Thanks for your typically well researched and immaculately phrased insight California.

Idiotic and ignorant post, look, Shane is a decent player, but he is 27, and won't be improving anytime in the future. Travis is only 22, and is one of the best in and under players we have had in a long time. His attack on the footy is nothing short of manical. Look, I'm not trying to troll, but that post is just utterly wrong. I'm confident most other hawk supporters would agree with me.
I have to agree. Travis is a gun. Will easily surpass Shane this year if he can stay on the field.

rooting your missus

Always good to see that BF attracts the same brand of 'Dogs' supporter that their games does.

'We may have only won one premiership in our entire history, but damnit, we're gonna proudly finish 3rd again this year! Whether we do or don't, at least we can look forward to an endless succession of welfare handouts throughout the worst economic crisis in modern history to keep us afloat.'

Bask in the 'glory' tosser.

22 years old, played a whopping 12 games.

Will need to play most games between now and Shane's age to reach the same number of games at the same age.

Shane is into his fifth season without missing a game, Travis is yet to play more than four consecutive games.

Shane is considered in the top bracket of midfielders, Travis MAY get there one day.

You know you'd take Shane back in a heartbeat in exchange for the big fat zero you got from delisting him, either that or you were too stupid to acknowledge the hiding he gave your midfield last year.

As for Travis, time will tell, but will anyone be surprised if he spends a significant chunk of the rest of his career on the sidelines, while Shane just keeps on keeping on?

He has a bit more ability than Shane, no doubt, but ability is but a fraction of the mix needed to be a successful long-term AFL footballer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back