No Mitch Clark? No problem!

Remove this Banner Ad

keep-calm-and-smoke-weed-everyday-15.png

I'd play T.Mac on the wing or in the center and Hogan at CHF.

Dawes/Fitz at FF and rotating as second rucks and Salem/JPK and Kent as Forward pockets

On topic i think we should have
B: Dawes Hogan Jetta
HB: Watts Salem Georgiou
HF: Grimes Howe JKH
F: Tmac Gawn Dunn

Now we have no worries about poor disposal cause all they have to do is get it between the big sticks

TMac is almost, maybe is, the worst kick in the team, how on earth can he play on the forward line at this level? That's just sillyness.

Also I'm pretty sure Daniher has played almost exclusively as a KPF. Young KPF do not need to start back to be good forwards. Often they start their careers in defence if there is already a damn good forward line in place which they can't get into. This is not the case with us at all, so to me this thread makes no sense.

Have you guys watched Hogan? He's going to walk into the team as the best forward. His instincts are impeccable. Neitz played back because he wasn't in our best three forwards. Playing Hogan in defense where we have plenty of guys when we have No Hands Dawes as our best forward would be insane. He's a natural forward.
For the same reason, I would at some point like Howe to play, ya know, as a forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a bad idea except McDonald isnt really a marker of the footy, unless we develop some plan of having crumbers at 45 degree angles either side of him 20m away then he might not get the footy

Someone here needs to get off the hogan huff though
A kid who has never played a game and missed a full season to a back injury is still the messiah

Look at Hurley, Boyd, Patton, Hawkins, etc

Hurley clearly had the best start, he single handedly put the hawks out of the finals in 09 and looked like being a super star whilst Hawkins was being talked up as a big spud

If Hogan kicks 30 goals next year it will be an amazing effort

Hell with our luck im not sure he wont do his back in pre season and miss another year before going into premature retirement

I don't expect Hogan to star, but our forwardline WILL look much better with him in it. Dawes and Pedo do plenty of grunt work anyway it won't be like we will be relying on Hogan to kick 5 per game.

Yep, he'll be a star, maybe not in year one but he'll be our best forward. (faintest of praise)
Surely its a bit early to go with "he'll be a star", he hasn't even played one game yet? After all our high draft failures aren't you a little hesitant?

Surely its a bit early to go with "he'll be a star", he hasn't even played one game yet? After all our high draft failures aren't you a little hesitant?
I'm not sure my opinion should be altered because other people have got ahead of themselves about different draftees. He's played a season of VFL where he showed a fantastic football brain, great strength even as a 17 year old, Viney like aggression and a great set of hands. His set shot at goal isn't at all smooth and he got injured this year. Other than that he's the best key position prospect we've had since the Ox. I'm not demanding everyone else agree with me if they haven't seen much of him or whatever, I'm just posting my opinion and I'm convinced. If I'm wrong I'm sure there will be s**t hung on me, it's happened before and will again. Not hesitant at all.

I won't say that Hogan will be a star - but what i've seen of him, he will be entertaining to watch.

I won't say that Hogan will be a star - but what i've seen of him, he will be entertaining to watch.
His signature move after the fullback gives him the dodgy punch to the head spoil attempt is stopping suddenly and throwing back an elbow straight back to the sternum with a lot of force. I'd go home if I copped one.

I'm not sure my opinion should be altered because other people have got ahead of themselves about different draftees. He's played a season of VFL where he showed a fantastic football brain, great strength even as a 17 year old, Viney like aggression and a great set of hands. His set shot at goal isn't at all smooth and he got injured this year. Other than that he's the best key position prospect we've had since the Ox. I'm not demanding everyone else agree with me if they haven't seen much of him or whatever, I'm just posting my opinion and I'm convinced. If I'm wrong I'm sure there will be s**t hung on me, it's happened before and will again. Not hesitant at all.
Lol, i merely asking.. I'm not here to alter your opinion...

He does look to be a good prospect and if given time, he could be a very good footy player... but.. I'll be tempering my expectations, because personally i find it rediculas to place my hope of success on the shoulders of a teenager.. He's just starting his career, in a very high pressure job and hyping him up is really just adding more pressure...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back