Non-AFL chat thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Because of my caregiver responsibilities I rarely get out these days, but my brother got us tickets for the Cubs/White Sox game today at Wrigley Field. I wore my Rizzo 44 shirt(a Christmas gift from my nephew who I used to go to games with) and my lucky Sammy Sosa 61st home run Cubs cap(I bought it Oct 3 2001 when I saw Sosa hit his 61st for the season. Back then I thought it might be my last Cubs game.) The Cubs pulled out a victory 3-1. My brother wore his White Sox stuff. Loser.

After three years suffering through some horrific games by the Cubs(similar to the Bulldogs the previous three years), it all seems to be coming together because of the good recruiting and the young guys coming up from the Cubs farm system. Now it's just a matter of which team will break the championship drought. A 61 year drought or a 107 year drought.

Thank god that they have dropped Shane Watson. Just ain't the player that he was.
Now if we can win the toss! Only won three of the last fourteen in Ashes tests in England or something stupid!

Reckon the wicket at Lords should suit us more than Cardiff.

Just need more discipline with the ball and a little more patience with the bat. Their side really isn't that impressive, we can break them.

Reckon the wicket at Lords should suit us more than Cardiff.

Just need more discipline with the ball and a little more patience with the bat. Their side really isn't that impressive, we can break them.
Historically has suited us, lost the last two but hadn't lost in the 18 prior! Please bat first!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it OK if I go to see the Wallabies play the USA Eagles at Soldier Field here in Chicago on Sept 5(two days after my birthday *hint*)? I know I might lose the Life Member surprise the club will be giving me later this year if I go, but...:p

I do have a blow up kangaroo(clean up your minds, people) and huge Aussie flag to take. I might even do that Oil! Oil! Oil! chant thingy that youse like to do so much. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back