No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judges it so well in flight. Can beat bigger opponents by getting to the spot first. Great user of the footy too. Smart player.

Hope he's put on some weight in the off season
Still looks like a stick insect. Has been reasonable so far without standing out too much.

This is going to sound heartless, but I hope Mitch Clark is a massive failure at Geelong. Goes under the radar how much of a dog act it was leaving Melbourne like he did.

How's Higgins going for north? Where r they playing him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How's Higgins going for north? Where r they playing him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry to intrude and feel free to delete if you don't want it here.

Knew someone would ask where we played him so came over to check.

We played him predominantly through the midfield and across half forward, he looked incredibly hungry and some of his efforts were reminiscent of Ziebell diving into a pack repeatedly trying to win his own ball.

He was probably close to best on for us, 17 possessions, 5 marks, 2 Tackles, 3 inside 50s, 3 Goals, 2 Behinds. Played between 50-60% game time.

Sorry to intrude and feel free to delete if you don't want it here.

Knew someone would ask where we played him so came over to check.

We played him predominantly through the midfield and across half forward, he looked incredibly hungry and some of his efforts were reminiscent of Ziebell diving into a pack repeatedly trying to win his own ball.

He was probably close to best on for us, 17 possessions, 5 marks, 2 Tackles, 3 inside 50s, 3 Goals, 2 Behinds.
Yeah, no doubt he can play, good luck with his consistency

This is going to sound heartless, but I hope Mitch Clark is a massive failure at Geelong. Goes under the radar how much of a dog act it was leaving Melbourne like he did.
I agree that it was/is absolutely ludicrous. Melbourne tried to do everything that they could to support him over an extended period of time. They paid him a lot for very little output. He needed time away - we can all accept that (none of us on here truly know what it's like to face the pressure of being a highly paid AFL player, especially one who is underperforming, for any reason). He's now good enough to come back apparently, but why not come back to the team that supported him for so long, while getting virtually nothing back from him? I've thought exactly the same thing as you since he said 'I want to come back to AFL football, but to any club except Melbourne' .... extremely poor form. I would have thought that his mindset would have been the complete opposite: no matter what any other team offers me, I'll come back to Melbourne, supposing they're still happy to have me back.

He's from Western Australia isn't he? If he'd decided to go to the Eagles or the Dockers, I think that we could have perfectly understood that. The way that it played out though, it really looks like a great elaborate hoax to get away from Melbourne (which I'm sure it isn't, but that's just how it appears, because of how ridiculous it was to openly refuse to go back to Melbourne).

I agree that it was/is absolutely ludicrous. Melbourne tried to do everything that they could to support him over an extended period of time. They paid him a lot for very little output. He needed time away - we can all accept that (none of us on here truly know what it's like to face the pressure of being a highly paid AFL player, especially one who is underperforming, for any reason). He's now good enough to come back apparently, but why not come back to the team that supported him for so long, while getting virtually nothing back from him? I've thought exactly the same thing as you since he said 'I want to come back to AFL football, but to any club except Melbourne' .... extremely poor form. I would have thought that his mindset would have been the complete opposite: no matter what any other team offers me, I'll come back to Melbourne, supposing they're still happy to have me back.

He's from Western Australia isn't he? If he'd decided to go to the Eagles or the Dockers, I think that we could have perfectly understood that. The way that it played out though, it really looks like a great elaborate hoax to get away from Melbourne (which I'm sure it isn't, but that's just how it appears, because of how ridiculous it was to openly refuse to go back to Melbourne).
He has form too. I remember he was a lock to go back to Perth to be closer to his family, then Melbourne (the club we went on to shaft) offered him 800k, family wasn't so important anymore.

I have sympathy for most who have gone through depression, but not him. One of the biggest dogs in the league. (Not saying he deserves depression, no one does).

Booooo. I preferred the insular thread title to the current one.

So do I, it was started by me to give us some space away from for example "Richmond had 12 of their best players out" morons. Why the change?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Booooo. I preferred the insular thread title to the current one.

Yeah but... it's a bit precious we're more tolerant of other voices then most boards.

It will be policed stricter in here though, still won't be stunk up by petty to and fro.

Yeah but... it's a bit precious we're more tolerant of other voices then most boards.

It will be policed stricter in here though, still won't be stunk up by petty to and fro.

I'm all about you mods holding this board to a higher moral standard to many of the others on BigFooty when it comes to tolerance of opposing views, even if I rarely adhered to the standard myself, but surely this little oasis of snide mockery could've remained exempt. I for one liked that we had an echo chamber where we (I) could say slanderous things about other teams and their supporters without having to deal with their whiny, cry baby attempts at a rebuttal. We get more than our share of that elsewhere on this board.

I suspect that as the season draws on, we are going to live to regret the relaxation of the rules as to who gets to post here and you mods are going to earn all of the money that Chief undoubtedly fills your pockets with!

Last edited:
I suspect that as the season draws on, we are going to live to regret the relaxation of the rules as to who gets to post here and you mods are going to earn all of the money that Chief undoubtedly fills your pockets with!

Can't speak for the other mods but the money doesn't go very far in terms of whiskey and hookers.

Can't speak for the other mods but the money doesn't go very far in terms of whiskey and hookers.
But what about the blackjack?

How do you pick up that but not the "then" vs "than" error?
And spelling mistakes are a minor (you could say petty) infringement when compared to the grammatical war crime that is using an adjective when clearly, clearly an adverbial phrase is required. Everyone has their tipping point:p

And spelling mistakes are a minor (you could say petty) infringement when compared to the grammatical war crime that is using an adjective when clearly, clearly an adverbial phrase is required. Everyone has their tipping point:p
Sorry but "then" vs "than" is a war I have fought on many a battlefield. It is the difference between preferring to be pissed off than pissed on as opposed to being pissed off then pissed on.

Sorry but "then" vs "than" is a war I have fought on many a battlefield. It is the difference between preferring to be pissed off than pissed on as opposed to being pissed off then pissed on.
I c yr point. It would be important to make that distinction in all but the most consensual of cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back