Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
**** it's funny that it was the Swans again, but it's obviously nowhere near as disgraceful as the Rampe one.

Different circumstances than usual, but players all the time technically give away 50m pens straight after a free-kick has been paid which umpires don't call because they feel the player couldn't have really known.

And that umpire that over ruled was Matt stevic, our best umpire. Thank god he had so common sense, if he wasn’t there the umpire pays it.
Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

That’s not 50. Good common sense from the umpires. Any other time in the game obviously 50.
You can clearly hear the whistle blow before the siren. Obvious 50. "He didn't hear the whistle" is not a justification or excuse at any stage of a game and is not common sense umpiring. The rules of the game are not applied differently based on the clock.
There is a re-occurring stench coming out of Sydney.

You can clearly hear the whistle blow before the siren. Obvious 50. "He didn't hear the whistle" is not a justification or excuse at any stage of a game and is not common sense umpiring.

Just listening on radio now and they said the umpire that paid the free kick and blew the whistle wasn't the adjudicating/closest umpire to the contest. It is possible the player did not hear the whistle.

We can hear the whistle so clearly on the broadcast because the umpires are micd up.

Just listening on radio now and they said the umpire that paid the free kick and blew the whistle wasn't the adjudicating/closest umpire to the contest. It is possible the player did not hear the whistle.

We can hear the whistle so clearly on the broadcast because the umpires are micd up.
Yeah been told it was an out of zone free kick so can't pay the 50.

This makes much more sense

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meanwhile, Charlie Constable, at whom we could have looked, is averaging 30 disposals in the VFL and had 35 last week.

You can add Hately to the list. Give him time and he will get the ball.

Adelaide just needs to get the talent on the park. Fogarty, Milera, Hately. It's gone on long enough. You don't die wondering when your list is as ugly as Adelaide's is.

Something doesn't fit for me when you have these touted South Aussies you can't make work when they're exactly what you need to stop haemorrhaging top end talent.

Last edited:
SDK looks ridiculously good. His movement is Fletcheresque.

No bullshit intercept role. Carving up opponents 1v1 and cutting the ball off.

Cats also quietly getting games into Knevitt and Stephens in the last month. Holmes has been out of the team too.

I'll believe their demise when I see it.

Cats also quietly getting games into Knevitt and Stephens in the last month. Holmes has been out of the team too.

There hasn't been a better player development program over the last 20 years than Geelong.

Haven't picked at the top end of the draft for 15 years but still manage to draft and develop enough good players out of no where to consistently finish top 6 ove rand over again.

Shannon Neale getting a debut game too.

De Koning.
Stephens.
Knevitt.
Neale.
Conway.

The Cats can build around these names.

There hasn't been a better player development program over the last 20 years than Geelong.

Haven't picked at the top end of the draft for 15 years but still manage to draft and develop enough good players out of no where to consistently finish top 6 ove rand over again.
Also helps that they have the best vfl program going around. Great place to do your apprenticeship.

Shannon Neale getting a debut game too.

De Koning.
Stephens.
Knevitt.
Neale.
Conway.

The Cats can build around these names.

Neale could be anything by the look of it.

Certainly a stack of raw ability. Lots of water to pass under the bridge but if he plays alongside Hawkins and Cameron it's going to help him.

It's like the replacement core is there, isn't it? I really like Holmes, he's an explosive player who will compliment the grind of Stephens and Knevitt. It's almost superstition to assume that Conway, Stephens and Knevitt make it because they are Falcons but the opportunities will open up and the Falcons are almost an extension of the Cats program (so you assume they are taking guys they know will work).

?? - SDK - ??
?? - ??? - ??

Conway - Stephens - Holmes
Knevitt - ?? - ??

?? - ??? - ??
?? - Neale- ??

That's a list of 1st to 3rd year players you're giving the club that stands head and shoulders above everyone, for the quality of its footy program, to replenish a side that has been top 4 for 10 years.

I'd take it and run if I was Geelong.

Neale could be anything by the look of it.

Certainly a stack of raw ability. Lots of water to pass under the bridge but if he plays alongside Hawkins and Cameron it's going to help him.

It's like the replacement core is there, isn't it? I really like Holmes, he's an explosive player who will compliment the grind of Stephens and Knevitt. It's almost superstition to assume that Conway, Stephens and Knevitt make it because they are Falcons but the opportunities will open up and the Falcons are almost an extension of the Cats program (so you assume they are taking guys they know will work).

?? - SDK - ??
?? - ??? - ??

Conway - Stephens - Holmes
Knevitt - ?? - ??

?? - ??? - ??
?? - Neale- ??

That's a list of 1st to 3rd year players you're giving the club that stands head and shoulders above everyone, for the quality of its footy program, to replenish a side that has been top 4 for 10 years.

I'd take it and run if I was Geelong.
Don't forget that Jack Henry (23), Jake Kolodjasnji (26), Brandon Parfitt (24) and even Jed News (26) all have plenty of life left in them to.

Pretty decent core to start with right there

Don't forget that Jack Henry (23), Jake Kolodjasnji (26), Brandon Parfitt (24) and even Jed News (26) all have plenty of life left in them to.

Pretty decent core to start with right there

Close, Meiers and O'Connor too.

I was really just looking at the kids they've recruited in and around dropping 3 first round picks on Cameron and the structural core of the side.

A key defender, a ruck, a full midfield rotation and a key forward.

It happens to be the first 2 picks, ranging between 16 and 30, for each of their last 3 drafts. That level of investment suggests to me that it's a deliberate strategy and that these guys will get the one thing more important than anything else: opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back