Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

don’t think clarko can save the north list, their senior players (luke mcdonald specifically) is one of the worst players in the league
He's also a complete campaigner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last week Sam Mitchell made what appeared to be an odd call that Scrimshaw 'liked being coached like that' (i.e. the old school fire and brimstone approach).

FMD, maybe Scrimshaw was that scared by the comment that it worked. He is playing like a man possessed. I've done a double take maybe 7 times this half such has been the intensity of the man I used to think of as 'low energy Scrimshaw'.

I'm not getting carried away, the Dogs could flip a switch and still win this by 10+ goals but if the players respond like this you know Mitchell has them (no matter how much of a dick he appears objectively to be).

This BS dangerous tackle rule is clearly being manipulated by players that dive into the ground and it needs to be fixed before it decides a Grand Final ffs
1 AFL introduces a rule intended for protection of players
2 (Some) players/ coaches(?) see an advantage to be gained in milking free kicks by diving to pretend an otherwise legal tackle appears dangerous
3 After a while umpires get wise to to this tactic and start to be reluctant to pay dangerous tackle frees.
4 Genuinely dangerous tackles creep back into the game and a player suffers serious injury.
5 Said player sues the AFL for failing to have adequate rules to protect him.
Sigh...and so it goes.

Agreed. Not sure what’s happened, but I’ve started to really dislike the Doggies.

Maybe it’s years of them consistently crushing us.
I had always supported them and saints when they werent playing us because they were battlers (and not north).
But have really started to dislike them in the last 5 or so years.
Maybe its weightman diving, maybe its libba being a grub or maybe its just bevo being a moron.
Also think they used stringer as a scapegoat for a club wide culture issue. Libba and a Hunter were known to be a lot looser than jake but they were sons of club legends so they let it slide

200.gif

@ Bevo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back