Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Thread X

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grant would have to be the skinniest player in the AFL. 6 years without putting on muscle is quite an achievement.

Was definitely no intent from Roughead to injure Carlisle. He's not a dirty player. Just a really unfortunate accident.
Roughead is a dirty player, but that wasn't a dirty act.

Can't stand the bloke. One of the biggest dickheads in the AFL.

Roughead is a dirty player, but that wasn't a dirty act.

Can't stand the bloke. One of the biggest dickheads in the AFL.

Of all the players at the Hawks that could be questioned for stepping over the line in regards to their physicality Roughead is one of the last on the list.

Good player, unfortunate accident.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please.. not even close in his own club let alone the competition.
I've watched a lot of him off the ball and he absolutely is. Not your Barry Hall type but a Ryan Crowley type.
Of all the players at the Hawks that could be questioned for stepping over the line in regards to their physicality Roughead is one of the last on the list.

Good player, unfortunate accident.
See above.

Look at the Melksham incident a few years ago. Tried to run through him but dived like a fairy princess as soon as there was any contact from Melksham, then chased him afterwards for absolutely no purpose except retaliation, then got destroyed again.
Yep without wanting to blatantly tank I want us to start playing Steinberg, Browne, Kavanagh and Giles in every game so we can make a call on them at the end of the year.

As Connolly said we need to stop sitting on our hands about kids who aren't going to make it.

If Watson is carrying something, which I think he is, then put him in surgery. Play Myers and Hocking in the twos long enough to qualify for finals!!

Give Fletch and Chappy one more game. In fact Chappys farewell would be a great way to get Thompson back down to the club.
Myers and Hocking are eligible due to missing x amount of games in a row.

I don't really mind them to be honest. Mitchell is a tosser, and Lake comes across as a deadshit, but aside from that I don't think they seem too bad.
There are only two players on that list that isn't a genuine thug/lowlife scum, their captain and Rioli.

There are only two players on that list that isn't a genuine thug/lowlife scum, their captain and Rioli.
1430824090130.jpg

I know you hate Hawthorn but that's ridiculous.

Are you kidding me? Shiels is clearly the next Pol Pot, and Suckling's methods have been rejected by Lucifer as being "Too evil for me, bruv"

So
  • Buddy can take his eyes off the ball, line someone up, go beyond the ball and take him out - 1 week
  • Tippett can elbow someone in the head instead of spoiling (first time I've seen someone try to spoil with their elbow) - 1 week
I'd love to be surprised by this but hey, it's Sydney. I'd love to know how many our guys would've got in similar situations.

I've said it many times, it should be the action that the penalty is based on, not the outcome. Both are lucky their opponents could play on as there was the opportunity for serious damage in both cases.

So
  • Buddy can take his eyes off the ball, line someone up, go beyond the ball and take him out - 1 week
  • Tippett can elbow someone in the head instead of spoiling (first time I've seen someone try to spoil with their elbow) - 1 week
I'd love to be surprised by this but hey, it's Sydney. I'd love to know how many our guys would've got in similar situations.

I've said it many times, it should be the action that the penalty is based on, not the outcome. Both are lucky their opponents could play on as there was the opportunity for serious damage in both cases.

This might be a little controversial but Im actually ok with Buddy copping only a week for that, and if there was no injury id almost be happy with just a fine.

The tippet one I was a bit surprised with though.

I don't really mind them to be honest. Mitchell is a tosser, and Lake comes across as a deadshit, but aside from that I don't think they seem too bad.
I like Lake. Best mates with Cooney, which did make me smirk when Cooney turned it over with a pass to Lake that was so perfect he had time to take it on the chest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back