Club Focus North Melbourne 2024

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance

Spreadsheet created by Lore and Taylor, using data from footywire and AFL Tables. Version above maintained by giantroo.

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

Just ridiculous. In 3 or 4 years clubs will be begging the AFL for assistance because of the ludicrous contracts they are choosing to have with players.
Who Cares Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

You think they said "give us 7 years x $1m or we go to Tassie" and the Pies freaked out?

Incompetence on the part of list managers is far more believable - simply because there is so much evidence.

Well im am very happy Sheezel is locked away. Larkey as well.

Tassie looms large and massive offers will come for the best players. Well above 1 million a year.

Don’t see any real issue with signing players on long term deals.

Sheezel is a special talent. Has his head screwed on properly and comes from a good family.

At worst he projects as a very good footballer for an extended period of time.

Locking him away long term and spreading $ across the duration of the contract is a very reasonable, and dare I say it smart, way of doing things.

Every club would love to have Sheezel locked up long term.

Sure it’s not without risk, but no contract is.

Don’t see any real issue with signing players on long term deals.

Sheezel is a special talent. Has his head screwed on properly and comes from a good family.

At worst he projects as a very good footballer for an extended period of time.

Locking him away long term and spreading $ across the duration of the contract is a very reasonable, and dare I say it smart, way of doing things.

Every club would love to have Sheezel locked up long term.

Sure it’s not without risk, but no contract is.
If it came down to it, I would've offered until 2034.

A consummate pro, capable of playing in all thirds of the ground, ridiculous vision and skills, maturity beyond his years, dependable character.

Personally, I find it odd that the players themselves would sign up to such long deals.

I get the security of it but those players signing long-term deals could really boost their financial position by simply signing a shorter deal and backing themselves in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally, I find it odd that the players themselves would sign up to such long deals.

I get the security of it but those players signing long-term deals could really boost their financial position by simply signing a shorter deal and backing themselves in.
There is always the risk of career ending injury. Also, in Sheezels case, the contract is likely to be massive already and heavily front loaded. That extra money upfront and compounded over the length of the contract makes it extra attractive.

There is always the risk of career ending injury. Also, in Sheezels case, the contract is likely to be massive already and heavily front loaded. That extra money upfront and compounded over the length of the contract makes it extra attractive.
Oh it's good for the team, for sure.

I just wonder how much of it is player driven vs manager driven.

2nd year player already contracted to 2026. No.

I would wait and see.

Collingwood were even more ridiculous. Where would the Daicos brothers have gone ?

Well the entire point of a long term contract in the AFL seems to have gone right over your head.

It’s not really about security but TPP management.

You can’t front load contract durations that don’t exist.

Given the age of North’s list I imagine Sheezelnwill be one of the highest paid players in the league for the next 3 seasons.

If we start contending by that point, Sheezel will
probably be on an equivalent wage to the 40th bloke on the list, enabling us to target FA.

Be interesting if north don’t have to pay Thomas and how they could use that further 700k this year. More front loading

Need to look at trading in another big key back to go with Logue.

Pink was monstered by Hogan yesterday.

They have that guy coming back in next week charlie comben who than frees up pink/corr/dawson. they are all new players (to AFL) so they just need game time together.

funny enough i think there list is tracking well they just need to fast track the youth so lazzo,tucker.shields are not bestt 22 which will happen at some stage this year.Last two drafts have been massive!

can't under sell how much thomas being a bad human has hurt this clubs rebuild, he is 1000 percent what they need a mid with flare an class.

Need to look at trading in another big key back to go with Logue.

Pink was monstered by Hogan yesterday.

Will Dawson is the long term big key defensive prospect, he’s looked excellent on Larkey in preseason but is a few years off physically.

I’d probably just prefer to draft another prospect and make do with Logue. Kallan Dawson was excellent yesterday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back