Club Focus North Melbourne 2024

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance

Spreadsheet created by Lore and Taylor, using data from footywire and AFL Tables. Version above maintained by giantroo.

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

Meanwhile noted blatherer J Ralph in the Hun is very confident TThomas will be picked up to play next year. Cats, Giants and GoCo all mentioned.

If this happens nmfc are not entitled to comp as they rightly sacked Thomas.

However I think this is unjust. I reckon the AFL should make a special determination that requires the recruiting Club to flip North a player or draft pick.

For what though?

The time to trade early picks was last year, where there were a considerable amount of talls and other options in the first round.

This year, it's pretty much all mids in the top 10(+ Trainor as an elite HBF) and not much in the way of talls in the first round.

Rawlings needed to look past the delirium of having picks 2 & 3 in consecutive rounds and should've looked to trade pick 3 out(presuming there was a taker, of course).

Established Players

The news today on LDU is another example of rebuilding taking far too long in the AFL.

No doubt at 24 he possibly can't see the light at the end of the tunnel arriving before his career is in its twilight and will either fleece North with a massive payday (which will inhibit future list building) or will seek to leave.

Struggling clubs need to be able to retain their talent. Losing McKay is already a big hole they are yet to fill.

Meanwhile noted blatherer J Ralph in the Hun is very confident TThomas will be picked up to play next year. Cats, Giants and GoCo all mentioned.

However I think this is unjust. I reckon the AFL should make a special determination that requires the recruiting Club to flip North a player or draft pick.
Geelong to send Bowes to North?

For what though?

The time to trade early picks was last year, where there were a considerable amount of talls and other options in the first round.

This year, it's pretty much all mids in the top 10(+ Trainor as an elite HBF) and not much in the way of talls in the first round.

Rawlings needed to look past the delirium of having picks 2 & 3 in consecutive rounds and should've looked to trade pick 3 out(presuming there was a taker, of course).

It won't be traded if LDU is in fact off.

We will have lost Thomas and LDU inside of 12 months.

Smillie makes much more sense if factoring in the LDU contract developments.

Dyson Sharp having Harley Reid like wraps at this stage and Willem Duursma being one of the other #1 prospects of 2025 will be another consideration.

I think I'd prefer 2 x top picks in 2025 vs 2024 at this very early stage.

Last edited:
The news today on LDU is another example of rebuilding taking far too long in the AFL.

No doubt at 24 he possibly can't see the light at the end of the tunnel arriving before his career is in its twilight and will either fleece North with a massive payday (which will inhibit future list building) or will seek to leave.

Struggling clubs need to be able to retain their talent. Losing McKay is already a big hole they are yet to fill.
The system incentivises lower end clubs moving these players on.. Maybe Not the case with LDU, but the McKay situation North were fine about getting the compo pick.. Issue is it makes the club even worse for the short term. As a result they are not likely to attract FAs, younger players have no leadership to follow, it’s just a really poor system and North look stuck at present.. They just need some wins in a big way, forget draft picks. I’d be praying Wardlaw comes back in and goes into Harley Reid style follow my lead beast mode and things turn around.. that’s what it will take. They have some talent, they just need to believe..

West Coast still waiting for compo for Ben Cousins.

Maybe they’ll give us Liam Baker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would Jack Graham as a free agent for north be worth considering
26 year old 130 games 2 x premiership player 2nd in B & F

A free hit for experience and depth

Would Jack Graham as a free agent for north be worth considering
26 year old 130 games 2 x premiership player 2nd in B & F

A free hit for experience and depth

The only one I feel would say no is Jack. I've liked him but is a he bit injury prone? Recall seeing him on the ins and outs a little recently.

The only one I feel would say no is Jack. I've liked him but is a he bit injury prone? Recall seeing him on the ins and outs a little recently.
Has been recently but i think you still get 18 games a year and has that right amount of experience and leadership to be useful to North as a free agent. Graham saying No would depend on the cash i suppose $600k x 5 is hard for him to say no

Remove this Banner Ad

Back