North Queensland Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

If they did have an AFL team up there oneday (I like to imagine they will even though it won't happen) it could be North Queensland somethings and split between Townsville and cairns..
Cairns has cazalys and a bigger following of Aussie rules
But Townsville is expanding economicly and is the unofficial capital like it or not.

Yeh, nah.
Townsville is bigger than Cairns atm, but in the future the mining industry downfall and loss of lands out west due to it being sold to overseas investors will see the population of Townsville stagnate and become less than Cairns.

The unofficial capital of what?

You do know it's at least 4 hours drive between both?

Yeh, nah.
Townsville is bigger than Cairns atm, but in the future the mining industry downfall and loss of lands out west due to it being sold to overseas investors will see the population of Townsville stagnate and become less than Cairns.

The unofficial capital of what?

You do know it's at least 4 hours drive between both?
erh no! Townsville will always have more population. the only industry in Cairns is hospitality, tourism and a dying sugar industry. Townsville has Defense, Cattle, Sugar, Mining, hospitality and tourism. Townsville will soon become a major hub for the galilee basin once it soon gets under way. No mining isn't over as the industry Coal, Iron ore etc... are still being exported and used at record amounts, so stop listing to the left winged idiots on the ABC pushing their own adgend.

the biggest problem is Townsville having hundreds of millions wasted on a new stadium is on average the Cowboys cant even half fill their current stadium, as for the new one will apparently fix those problems is crap as you can drive through Townsville in 7 minute from one side to another & unlike a major city Townsville does not have a decent transport system, consisting of trail lines & busses that run 18 hrs of the day all around the town, people are still very reliant on their cars for transportation

erh no! Townsville will always have more population. the only industry in Cairns is hospitality, tourism and a dying sugar industry. Townsville has Defense, Cattle, Sugar, Mining, hospitality and tourism. Townsville will soon become a major hub for the galilee basin once it soon gets under way. No mining isn't over as the industry Coal, Iron ore etc... are still being exported and used at record amounts, so stop listing to the left winged idiots on the ABC pushing their own adgend.

the biggest problem is Townsville having hundreds of millions wasted on a new stadium is on average the Cowboys cant even half fill their current stadium, as for the new one will apparently fix those problems is crap as you can drive through Townsville in 7 minute from one side to another & unlike a major city Townsville does not have a decent transport system, consisting of trail lines & busses that run 18 hrs of the day all around the town, people are still very reliant on their cars for transportation

Sounds like you are familiar to Townsville.
Have you tried to get from the city to Deeragun or Bohle to Hermit Park in peak hour or when it's school time?
I'm not arguing about the stadium or why it's there or not, as i don't really care for Townsville itself, hot, dusty and dull is about as good as it gets there.

As for population growth it's not me who predicts Cairns and FNQ to be higher than Townsville and NQ.
Figures

Next time do a little research.

There won't be an AFL side in FNQ in our lifetimes. Reports of the popularity of Australian Footy have been greatly exaggerated. Don't get sucked in by the glossy promo - outside the tiny Cairns comp, advertising footy up here is like advertising beachfront property by the seas on the moon. It's also regional tv, meaning ratings are insignificant to the suits compared to capital cities. You need significantly upgraded stadiums, and if it's taken this long to get proper interest in turning the main NRL stadium into something more in tune with western civilisation, then what hope a non-existent AFL bid? In short, there is no impetus whatsoever to get a team based up here...

There won't be an AFL side in FNQ in our lifetimes. Reports of the popularity of Australian Footy have been greatly exaggerated. Don't get sucked in by the glossy promo - outside the tiny Cairns comp, advertising footy up here is like advertising beachfront property by the seas on the moon. It's also regional tv, meaning ratings are insignificant to the suits compared to capital cities. You need significantly upgraded stadiums, and if it's taken this long to get proper interest in turning the main NRL stadium into something more in tune with western civilisation, then what hope a non-existent AFL bid? In short, there is no impetus whatsoever to get a team based up here...

Gibbke you meany.

AFL Cairns will have 7 in the Seniors in 2016 and most likely 8 in the Reserves, when are we going to start a Cassoawary Coast side?

There are zero New Zealand cities with 500k people
Yes, only 400k in the actual city, but over 1.3 million in the metro area.
What is the population of Melbourne?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like you are familiar to Townsville.
Have you tried to get from the city to Deeragun or Bohle to Hermit Park in peak hour or when it's school time?
I'm not arguing about the stadium or why it's there or not, as i don't really care for Townsville itself, hot, dusty and dull is about as good as it gets there.

As for population growth it's not me who predicts Cairns and FNQ to be higher than Townsville and NQ.
Figures

Next time do a little research.
yes i am! ive lived in both townsville for 7 months & cairns for just over a year & central QLD for the last 4 years!
so games of league or whatever else is going to be played in city peak hour? no it will be on a weekend afternoon or evening.

FNQ is a march larger area than NQ but townsville the town it self is a larger town than cairns. there is a lot more range of industries in Townsville than Cairns there for more employment meaning more families, cairns is tourism and hospitality

yes i am! ive lived in both townsville for 7 months & cairns for just over a year & central QLD for the last 4 years!
so games of league or whatever else is going to be played in city peak hour? no it will be on a weekend afternoon or evening.

FNQ is a march larger area than NQ but townsville the town it self is a larger town than cairns. there is a lot more range of industries in Townsville than Cairns there for more employment meaning more families, cairns is tourism and hospitality

Does this rant have a purpose?
You asked about the information and i gave you it and the evidence is from the government.

The stadium in the City will cause the peak hour traffic, have you not been to a game in any city?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back