2nds Northern Blues 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

I was quite surprised that the NBs had quite the cleanout that they did. It makes the 15 changes at Carlton appear conservative.
However, I am pleased that there is more information about our recruits becoming available (unlike the past few years) and the way we appear to be ooking at recruits is also looking to be improved.
Now all they have to do is show that they can play.

12 Carlton players named in senior squad

SENIORS

1 Tom Wilson
3 David Cuningham

6 Glenn Strachan
7 Cam Barrett
10 Andrew Gallucci
12 Kye Declase
14 Liam Jones
16 Ben Casley
31 Jayden Foster
32 Hisham Kerbatieh
33 Tyler Roos
34 Jesse Glass-McCasker
36 Cameron Wood
38 Billy Gowers
39 Matthew Dick
48 Kristian Jaksch

50 Jack Cripps
54 Zach Ballard
63 Jayden Cyster
65 Dillon Viojo-Rainbow
67 Clem Smith

77 Chris McCabe
80 Matthew Korcheck

Only 12 players involved in the practice match tomorrow. Would have thought we may have seen more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went along this morning and It's clear that it's going to be a very long season for the team as the VFL stand alone players aren't much chop.

DVR - had his best game for the club by far. It's clear that hes much fitter than he was last year and he got to so many more contests than he was last year. He won a lot of contested ball as well, which is a big change from hanging out the pack of the pack looking for the handball.

Jones - it's going to be very hard playing in the Blues forward line this year as the team is so poor. In the first half many of the entries were quick kicks that were squirted out, floaters or high balls put to the top of the square and unsurprisingly Jones didn't do much. In the second half, once the game opened up a bit Jones did quite well as he was able to get a run up and attack the ball.

Jacksh- played up forward in the first half and switched with Foster to the back half at half time. He got his hands to the ball a few times in the first half, but wasn't able to clunck the mark. He switch to the backline after half time and became a bit of a playmaker and made some decent spoils, but he needs to put on some size. Based on this performance he isn't pressing for senior selection.

Cuningham- The game was a very contested one, with little space available for someone like Cuningham to show their speed. Most of his possessions were under pressure and were a quick hand pass or kick squirted out from a pack. He does put his head over the ball which is good, but will need to work out his running patterns better if he wants to utilise his speed. I don't expect to see him in the AFL based on this performance.

Curnow- does some boneheaded things, but it's clear that he's got a really strong set of hands and looks a decent kick as well. He only played in the forward line and probably took 5-6 strong overhead marks, which was good considering how often it went down there. I didn't like the look of some token efforts to chase/tackle. Will be in the AFL soon I think.

JGM - I think he could prove to be an astute choice so late in the piece. Great size and athleticism. He is the type who will zone off his man and as he gets more experience, he will time his run a bit better. There was one bit of play in the 2q when he got the spoil and took the pack with him. Don't worry about his kicking either, it's fine.

Byrne - didn't do much apart from kick goal of the year as seen above. He copped a heavy hit to the head and I don't think he came back.

Smith - at least he ran hard until the end of the game, which is better than what he was doing last year. He got a decent amount of the ball, but didn't hurt the opposition with his possessions. Some of his kicks were no look ones to a vacant Box hill player.

Korchek/wood - both ineffectual. The former looks miles off it even compared to Aurrechio and the latter looked pretty cooked.

Foster - he started in the back half and switched with Jacksh at half time. Took two nice contested marks late in the game, but didn't notice him otherwise. Has nice height, but not quite quick enough or agile enough for mine.

I went along this morning and It's clear that it's going to be a very long season for the team as the VFL stand alone players aren't much chop.

DVR - had his best game for the club by far. It's clear that hes much fitter than he was last year and he got to so many more contests than he was last year. He won a lot of contested ball as well, which is a big change from hanging out the pack of the pack looking for the handball.

Jones - it's going to be very hard playing in the Blues forward line this year as the team is so poor. In the first half many of the entries were quick kicks that were squirted out, floaters or high balls put to the top of the square and unsurprisingly Jones didn't do much. In the second half, once the game opened up a bit Jones did quite well as he was able to get a run up and attack the ball.

Jacksh- played up forward in the first half and switched with Foster to the back half at half time. He got his hands to the ball a few times in the first half, but wasn't able to clunck the mark. He switch to the backline after half time and became a bit of a playmaker and made some decent spoils, but he needs to put on some size. Based on this performance he isn't pressing for senior selection.

Cuningham- The game was a very contested one, with little space available for someone like Cuningham to show their speed. Most of his possessions were under pressure and were a quick hand pass or kick squirted out from a pack. He does put his head over the ball which is good, but will need to work out his running patterns better if he wants to utilise his speed. I don't expect to see him in the AFL based on this performance.

Curnow- does some boneheaded things, but it's clear that he's got a really strong set of hands and looks a decent kick as well. He only played in the forward line and probably took 5-6 strong overhead marks, which was good considering how often it went down there. I didn't like the look of some token efforts to chase/tackle. Will be in the AFL soon I think.

JGM - I think he could prove to be an astute choice so late in the piece. Great size and athleticism. He is the type who will zone off his man and as he gets more experience, he will time his run a bit better. There was one bit of play in the 2q when he got the spoil and took the pack with him. Don't worry about his kicking either, it's fine.

Byrne - didn't do much apart from kick goal of the year as seen above. He copped a heavy hit to the head and I don't think he came back.

Smith - at least he ran hard until the end of the game, which is better than what he was doing last year. He got a decent amount of the ball, but didn't hurt the opposition with his possessions. Some of his kicks were no look ones to a vacant Box hill player.

Korchek/wood - both ineffectual. The former looks miles off it even compared to Aurrechio and the latter looked pretty cooked.

Foster - he started in the back half and switched with Jacksh at half time. Took two nice contested marks late in the game, but didn't notice him otherwise. Has nice height, but not quite quick enough or agile enough for mine.

Cheers Teagueeeeeeeeeeeeee

Remove this Banner Ad

Back