Not impressed

Remove this Banner Ad

So is this just an AFL members thing?

Your seat at Geelong wouldn't have changed price, I'm guessing if anything your AFL membership has increased.... yet you are getting slugged extra?

And the AFL wonder why people are walking away....

yes. The seat is $125 and they want $165.

Have you got 2 separate AFL and Geelong memberships or can you get the reserved seat at Simonds through the AFL membership?

I received my membership letter in the mail on tuesday and received an email today to say that I had until tomorrow to cancel or change or it would automatically roll over.

Just thought a day or two probably is not enough time for people to decide what they are going to do.

wow, HUGE increase
Yeah when you look at it that way it's really bad isn't it... especially when it is still for the same amount of games etc

I heard someone on radio the other day.

They bought 2 memberships as a present last year.
It had just auto deducted again this year. Ha ha.
That's what happened to me last year. First time I'd done the direct debit system the previous year and was surprised when my membership package arrived in the mail for 2015. I was informed after I rang the membership department asking for a please explain that it was a recurring process until cancelled.

I actually prefer it that way... I don't have to worry. This year I was aware of what was going to happen and upgraded before the cut-off.

Same thing happened here, but a little different. How does your membership get automatically renewed? I didn't even asked for it. Of course, I wanted it. But to automatically renew my membership? C'mon Cats. You're meant to be different from the rest.

That's what happened to me last year. First time I'd done the direct debit system the previous year and was surprised when my membership package arrived in the mail for 2015. I was informed after I rang the membership department asking for a please explain that it was a recurring process until cancelled.

I actually prefer it that way... I don't have to worry. This year I was aware of what was going to happen and upgraded before the cut-off.
Same happened to me last year. I wasn't aware that I had chosen a 'roll-over' membership. Very poor info on forms which becomes very poor marketing which makes members cross. I cancelled the roll over partly because I had wanted to change my membership and the number and type of games that I attend. So in the end the club missed out last year as I would have gone up eg paid more.
This year I haven't decided as the draw is bad for ease of going to game-Friday night in Geelong for Melbourne residents awful, Sunday 4.40pm in Geelong no thanks with work next day.

It's 40 dollars people. Who cares. Good to see the club is facing high demand for seats that it feels it can get away with unspecified surcharges. Means things are going well down at cat land.
It's not just $40 though. In my case it is $40 x 4 memberships. That's a $160 increase to buy four seats worth $125 each.
So now I pay 4 x AFL Membership, 4 x KP Reserved seat fee, 4 x $40 "The AFL is short changing us so can you cough up more" fee.
I have copped it because like all of us I am excited about the upcoming season. But it certainly feels like I am bending over a bit with this one.

i stopped my membership after missing out on all grand final tickets while others got them every year. Suggest you dump the membership and watch from home. best decision I ever made

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Except that doesn't help the club, does it?

why would i want to give them money. they treat there members like a walking ATM. i was a paid member for over 10 years and I couldnt get a single grand final ticket. pretty disgraceful how geelong treat there own members. highly recommend tearing up your membership

why would i want to give them money. they treat there members like a walking ATM. i was a paid member for over 10 years and I couldnt get a single grand final ticket. pretty disgraceful how geelong treat there own members. highly recommend tearing up your membership

Did you communicate your disappointment to the club, and give them the opportunity to address it?

People tearing up memberships harms the club financially, and whilst it might 'make a point' it does far more harm than good.

Did you communicate your disappointment to the club, and give them the opportunity to address it?

People tearing up memberships harms the club financially, and whilst it might 'make a point' it does far more harm than good.

yes. we disagree on what a fair method was for grand final ticket distribution

I think the ballot was a fair way of distributing grand final tickets, just cause you missed out one year shouldn't guarantee you a ticket the next. It year had to be done on its own merit, I know it's frustrating when you miss out, but it doesn't give you any more of a right to a grand final ticket the next year.

i stopped my membership after missing out on all grand final tickets while others got them every year. Suggest you dump the membership and watch from home. best decision I ever made
Hows the Hawks membership working out for you?

15 posts in and yet to see anything about GFC you are happy about….

hmmmm

Go Catters

Last edited:

Ripping up your membership with your bare hands is a little time consuming. By the time you finish doing it you may have forgotten what set you off.

I'd recommend scissors myself.

Hows the Hawks membership working out for you?

15 posts in and yet to see anything about GFC you are happy about….

hmmmm

Go Catters
Quality username though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back