MRP / Trib. Mitch Duncan bump on Robbie Fox discussion - not sure of report yet

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It is, hence my scepticism. I had little faith in the MRO's ability to exercise it.
That was my worry. I have little faith in Christian.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MRO has decided that there's no case to answer for Duncan - happy outcome for Mitch & the club

Also allows us to close this thread on a happy note

So thanks all for 22 hours of scenario running, but now it's time to return to autopsy discussion ahead of our attention turning to Essendon

And in a further twist to the tale. Fox has been diagnosed with delayed concussion from the bump and will miss next week. Doesn't change the guilt of Duncan, but questions have to be raised as to why didn't the swans do so much as a concussion test.

And in a further twist to the tale. Fox has been diagnosed with delayed concussion from the bump and will miss next week. Doesn't change the guilt of Duncan, but questions have to be raised as to why didn't the swans do so much as a concussion test.
Might have done a test, but not have it show up initially.
Geelong missed it initially with Bews, for example.

Might have done a test, but not have it show up initially.
Geelong missed it initially with Bews, for example.
I'm pretty sure Bews went off and had a test, came back on, before it really showed itself at half time. Fox I dont think had a test at all during the match, just got up and kept playing

As expected. The other two blokes getting banned while Duncan gets off though will make BigFooty a whole lot of fun for the next week. I can hear the tinfoil rustling already. :grinv1:

Just wait until an opposition player does the same thing and gets off. We won't be so happy then.

Right decision without doubt. There is always going to be some contact.

I'm pretty sure Bews went off and had a test, came back on, before it really showed itself at half time. Fox I dont think had a test at all during the match, just got up and kept playing
We don't know whether Fox had a test at 3/4 time.
The issue is defining when players must have a test, and how thorough they should be; there has to be some doubt about that in Bews' case when he came back on after only 6 minutes.

We don't know whether Fox had a test at 3/4 time.
The issue is defining when players must have a test, and how thorough they should be; there has to be some doubt about that in Bews' case when he came back on after only 6 minutes.
3/4 time is irrelevant - should be tested immediately, not when best suits the game plan.
As for the Bews test - the docs will have used an approved standard test, which turned up nothing initially. Without doing a brain scan, the docs options are pretty limited. If Bews passes all the tests, then I am not sure he should be stopped resuming - especially if you take the approach that you do a quick check on all potential concussion events. However the docs also clearly ran follow-up tests to detect delay onset, this is the one Bews failed.
There is plenty of evidence to show Bews was tested appropriately - no evidence to say the Swans did the same

Locking thread again

Discussion has moved on to more general chat about concussion protocols & other areas of chat, not specific to Mitch - those topics can all be discussed at length elsewhere:

• the Fox concussion chat would have a better fit in the autopsy thread
  • Concussion testing and protocols in the Non-Geelong specific thread, and add to the discussions we've had in that thread
  • Hypotheticals about how we'd seemingly act when one of our guys is discussed probably isn't even needed; as we've seen already this year, we've had 3 players concussed from on field clashes during play and I don't recall one poster going off or calling for suspensions for opposition player/s... Football actions can cause injury, that's what we've seen and seems also something we understand happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back