Now that Carlton has sacked Malthouse...

Remove this Banner Ad

This coach is not such an important call - SOS is going to just grind away with picks and upgrades.

Will be a tough and thankless assignment.

Late 2017, RTB becomes senior coach of GWS and unveils his new recruit, the AFL's first $20 million man, a former Lake Grace resident.:cry::cry:

Mark Bairstow is way too old.

This coach is not such an important call - SOS is going to just grind away with picks and upgrades.

Will be a tough and thankless assignment.

Will depend how they market it to the fans.
Logarithmilducce needs to change tack and admit they're so far up s**t creek they can't be seen.
They then need a strong committee and a recognised coach to do a 5 year re-build. Mark Thompson would be perfect.

Trade and de-list the deadwood and recruit well, and then teach them the right way to play

Glad they took Warnock and others. They have absolutely failed at trading last few years.. Pretty much close to what we did prior to 2007/8. I'd happily go after Henderson if possible. Only 26, thinks he out of contract and would benefit from Ross. Always played forward and back so haven't found that niche. They want draft picks and rebuild.

Isn't it amazing how many very good coaches don't want the job of coaching Carlton. Worsfold ,Thompson and Mick Malthouse .
Bomber Thompson stated on 360 that he was not interested in the coaches job because the board ,players and coaches are not on the same page talking about where the problems are with the club . Everyone's trying to lay the blame on each other and not taking responsibility themselves for the mess they are in .
Brendon McCartney would be a good fit but after what the Dogs did I doubt that he would want to be there either .
Sumich might think he is a chance to finally get a senior job :):rolleyes:

Actually more likely to reveal more cheating by Adelaide. Orchestrated by Trigg. And Carlton hired him. Obviously share the same values.

Always found it odd that why would a club that has had a bad history of salary cap breaches hire a CEO who was found guilty and suspended of salary cap breaches. Maybe you are right, he "ticked" the right boxes.

I honestly can't think of a more self serving individual than Mick Malthouse.

Could never stand him, but it really peaked with his total disrespect of all things Freo (until very recently).

Having said all of the above, he could coach, but I will not miss him!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back