NOW to sometime later in the year (maybe) - Talk about anything

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi Addy,

Wondering where you heard this and if you have heard anything further? Nothing on Kilsyth socials as of yet. Huge if true though.

Will

Yeah agree has me wondering also as i was told it was going to be announced early last week. Although there hasn't been any denials but there may not be people linked to the player or Templestowe on here.

Anybody have any first hand experience of the respective canteen / BBQ offerings at Tempy and Kilsyth?

Surely the big man lands at whichever club is superior. Certainly has that Shane Mumford 20-snags physique.

By the same token, if you want to have a second team, then I think it has to be made as easy as possible on their opposition. You should have to find another club that doesn’t have Under 19s and play in their slot. You obviously play under your own name, jumper etc, but your games are played at the same location as the senior club they’re paired with. That way their opposition get a whole matchday there.
That's how it works - if you want to play your 19s in a different division you can only do so if you can fill a vacancy (ie a club that doesn't have a 19s)

Anybody have any first hand experience of the respective canteen / BBQ offerings at Tempy and Kilsyth?

Surely the big man lands at whichever club is superior. Certainly has that Shane Mumford 20-snags physique.
Kilsyth have a brand new pavilion. Would have to think the kitchen offerings should be top notch as a result.

Was there a couple years back thought it was pretty good. Surprised it qualified for an upgrade to be honest.
All the councils are upgrading pavilions due to the lack of female change rooms. Councils receive a Female Friendly Facilities Program grant of up to $500,000 to build and upgrade women's change rooms and facilities to support development of sports facilities with the aim of increasing female participation in sport.

I would guess Kilsyth having the two grounds but only one set of changerooms was an important factor for their rooms being done.

Good point. I have seen some ovals in Knox have been given the stand alone set of extra change rooms such as FTG instead of redeveloping.

A lot of talk in the news about how the upcoming state budget has been stripped right back, with sport #1 in the firing line.

Sounds like the boom times of new facilities might be over, for the time being

Unless you're lucky enough to be in a marginal seat of course!

The covid splurge is well and truly over, all governments were throwing money around. Good luck if you cashed in.

Wantirna South were close to having a junior club redevelopment approved as they have over 20 teams now, but have been told by council to park it for 5 years minimum as there is not going to be anywhere near the amount of money available.

The covid splurge is well and truly over, all governments were throwing money around. Good luck if you cashed in.

Wantirna South were close to having a junior club redevelopment approved as they have over 20 teams now, but have been told by council to park it for 5 years minimum as there is not going to be anywhere near the amount of money available.

We had commitments from federal government before they lost the election and the ALP withdrew the funding. Opposition at state level had promised it, but state government not interested despite it being a marginal seat.

Now council has to see if they can fund the entire project themselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure what is going on at Berwick but I don't think advertising for senior players on instagram in March is going to net you much in terms of what's required to compete in EFNL Premier. I guess there's no harm, but seems a bit strange.

How can a club like that have a lack of players? Astonishing.

Remember a few years back when many people were warning the EFL that clubs like Berwick, Narre Warren and Beaconsfield would dominate the league if they ever got here? With all their brand new facilities and jam packed junior clubs etc. The teams that have come have been a collective flop so far.

Not sure what is going on at Berwick but I don't think advertising for senior players on instagram in March is going to net you much in terms of what's required to compete in EFNL Premier. I guess there's no harm, but seems a bit strange.

Very odd for a premier club.

How can a club like that have a lack of players? Astonishing.

Remember a few years back when many people were warning the EFL that clubs like Berwick, Narre Warren and Beaconsfield would dominate the league if they ever got here? With all their brand new facilities and jam packed junior clubs etc. The teams that have come have been a collective flop so far.

Personally reckon theyve added nothing to the league and it was a big mistake to admit them. They’re miles out of EFNL territory and they haven’t added anything in terms of making the league stronger - the additions of Noble and Balwyn at least shook up the established crew at the top which was a positive. But these clubs are just more middle of the road types that are taking up spaces that any number of any clubs could. And it’s cost some clubs dearly. Berwick have Mitcham’s place in Premier and Beacy have Boronia’s place in D1. And I bet every D1 and D2 club would love to have those two promoted and to compete without them.

Nothing personal against those clubs, they have done what is best for them, but for the rest of the EFNL that voted them in… it’s really added nothing.

You’re right and I think the fear was that with their enormous junior setups, they’d have a mountain of gun one pointers, and plenty of money to then top up as needed.

Berwick clearly had a reasonable group that won Outer East flags and then underpinned them in the first few years in EFNL, but now they look to have largely moved on.

Perhaps it’s a major shift now that they actually have to recruit? And have never had to in the past?

With that said, Beaconsfield look to have seriously tooled up this year so might have a good crack.

Personally reckon theyve added nothing to the league and it was a big mistake to admit them. They’re miles out of EFNL territory and they haven’t added anything in terms of making the league stronger - the additions of Noble and Balwyn at least shook up the established crew at the top which was a positive. But these clubs are just more middle of the road types that are taking up spaces that any number of any clubs could. And it’s cost some clubs dearly. Berwick have Mitcham’s place in Premier and Beacy have Boronia’s place in D1. And I bet every D1 and D2 club would love to have those two promoted and to compete without them.

Nothing personal against those clubs, they have done what is best for them, but for the rest of the EFNL that voted them in… it’s really added nothing.

You’re right and I think the fear was that with their enormous junior setups, they’d have a mountain of gun one pointers, and plenty of money to then top up as needed.

Berwick clearly had a reasonable group that won Outer East flags and then underpinned them in the first few years in EFNL, but now they look to have largely moved on.

Perhaps it’s a major shift now that they actually have to recruit? And have never had to in the past?

With that said, Beaconsfield look to have seriously tooled up this year so might have a good crack.
Berwick never won a flag in the Outer East.

Water finds it’s level - if Berwick are no good they’ll fall down the divisions and if Mitcham are any good they’ll rise up the divisions.

Water finds it’s level - if Berwick are no good they’ll fall down the divisions and if Mitcham are any good they’ll rise up the divisions.

Correct, however that's already happened with both Boronia and Mitcham - they've won flags but been denied because of the entry of Berwick and Beaconsfield.

People will say they can just win it again, but it can't be underestimated how hard they are to win and thus get promoted. It's tough. You need a lot of luck and the best team doesn't always win it.

The gaps between the divisions are smaller than ever and getting up into another grade can have an enormous impact on your club's future.

Mitcham won that 2019 D2 GF literally by an inch and look at the difference it has made. All of a sudden they're in D1, they've wona flag, recruiting quality players becomes just that little bit easier, and they've kicked. Ringwood was an inch away and missed their chance.

Went to Pakenham races last Thursday night. Enjoyable drive through the EFL heartland in the south east.
Cranbourne will be next to ask. MPFNL/Sorrento enjoy their yearly application and laugh at it down the Conti

looks like Norwood/berwick bottom 2. Head to head games vital, Maybe whitmore pulls a sickie from the VFL to play in these ones

Remove this Banner Ad

Back