NRL NRL 2023 - Round 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Thursday 9th March
Penrith vs South Sydney (BlueBet Stadium - 20:00)

Friday 10th March
Parramatta vs Cronulla-Sutherland (CommBank Stadium - 18:00)
Brisbane vs North Queensland (Suncorp Stadium - 20:05)

Saturday 11th March
Sydney Roosters vs New Zealand (Allianz Stadium - 15:00)
Dolphins vs vs Canberra (Kayo Stadium - 17:30)
Melbourne vs Canterbury-Bankstown (AAMI Park - 19:35)

Sunday 12th March
Wests Tigers vs Newcastle (Leichhardt Oval - 16:05)
St.George-Illawarra vs Gold Coast (Netstrata Jubilee Stadium - 18:15)

Bye: Manly-Warringah

Tipping!

Has rugby league become impossible to referee? Have we got the bunker completely wrong, staffed by morons?

The bunker got just about every decision it made wrong today, a coin flip would've got more calls right.

That last knock on that the Dolphins successfully reviewed - there isn't a time or place in 100+ years of rugby league that it's a knock on.

The Dolphins sin bin was worse and I mean much worse. What was OSulivan meant to do? Teleport or something

Phins up! I still cant believe they're 2-0. It hasn't been flukey wins either. They've played a simple yet effective gamestyle built on resolute defence. The halves have been mighty impressive but the best player across 2 games imo has been the hammer.

Rooster v Warriors had an ugly finish, looked like neither team had composure.

Lack of key players for the storm was telling tonight. They were physically outmuscled by the dogs. The dogs would hope Burton can improve quickly, he's been pretty poor in both games.

The Dolphins sin bin was worse and I mean much worse. What was OSulivan meant to do? Teleport or something

I don't disagree that it was a worse call - certainly it had more impact.

I just raise the knock on because it's the most polarising example of something where, having watched rugby league for decades, you know it's a loose carry... then the bunker ref awards the opposite.

I don't disagree that it was a worse call - certainly it had more impact.

I just raise the knock on because it's the most polarising example of something where, having watched rugby league for decades, you know it's a loose carry... then the bunker ref awards the opposite.

To be fair I'm happy with the Bunker this year it’s much easier for fans at least

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope Ponga's ok. Well done to all those who went to his aid.

Helped Newcastle as he’s NOT a 5/8 anyway.

But yeah 100% you are correct. Back
To back weeks of concussions he shouldn’t play for a few weeks and put him at fullback

quite simply, teflon is taking the club to same spot it found itself in 2012 when he was sacked.
the sooner benji is coach, the better

quite simply, teflon is taking the club to same spot it found itself in 2012 when he was sacked.
the sooner benji is coach, the better

Apart from the “it’s the vibe” stuff what makes you think Benji will be better? I hate saying thing and I’ll try to be nice but the Tigers have zero star players. You need players before a coach can do his work

Let’s look at it a bit deeper

Laurie- as soft as can be and no wonder they hooked him from fullback today
Douhei- he’s utterly trash and he sure as anything is not a 5/8
Korisau- he’s good but looks pretty done
Brooks- putrid how does he have a contract

Apart from the “it’s the vibe” stuff what makes you think Benji will be better? I hate saying thing and I’ll try to be nice but the Tigers have zero star players. You need players before a coach can do his work

Let’s look at it a bit deeper

Laurie- as soft as can be and no wonder they hooked him from fullback today
Douhei- he’s utterly trash and he sure as anything is not a 5/8
Korisau- he’s good but looks pretty done
Brooks- putrid how does he have a contract

They need to get away from the past glory of 2005 where the fell into the premiership when parra choked 29-0

Laurie and Staines wouldn't get a game anywhere else
api is playing off past glory
brooks should've been let go to knights not hastings
doueihi is probably a 7 and is probably the only good player in our backline

Besides laurie, all of these are sheens fault they are there or still there
Sheens has had his fingerprints all over this team.

As everyone in Wigan knows, Hastings is trouble. Seven club changes in 9 years, and the only place he's been happy was at Salford, and that's because they treated him like a god. He doesn't get on with people, and people don't get on with him.

They need to get away from the past glory of 2005 where the fell into the premiership when parra choked 29-0

Sheens is overrated as a coach imo

As everyone in Wigan knows, Hastings is trouble. Seven club changes in 9 years, and the only place he's been happy was at Salford, and that's because they treated him like a god. He doesn't get on with people, and people don't get on with him.

Is it just his personality or something else? He's a good footy player & played well at the tigers last year.

Knights with their gutsiest win in a long long time. tigers were trash but knights resolve was something else.

Dragons actually played with attacking flair and defensive resolve too. Great first win, hope they can keep it up.

Happy with the resolve but honestly, the Tigers just depressed me.

I've watched a lot of s**t Newcastle teams/games but that was absolutely the most insipid, pathetic, spineless performance I've ever seen from a team.

Ponga gone 1 min in.
Brailey gone 4 mins in. That's our 5/8 (and probably best player) and our hooker gone.
Dom Young is sin binned for 10.
Frizell does his ankle.
Jack Johns does his ankle.
Jacob is marched with 15 mins to go.

1 player on the bench for the second half, 25 mins playing 1 player down. At Leichhardt and the Tigers managed 6 points (not counting the blatant double movement that no one could believe was given in the 79th min).

You could not ever ask for an easier set of circumstances and they came up with absolutely nothing.

Going back to Sheens was always dangerous, the opening two weeks are already showing it was probably a mistake.

Douehi is a centre or a backrower there is no way on earth he is a half. Best decision Souths getting rid of him. He thinks he’s way better than he is, in a good side he’s be a solid centre.

The issue is the spine and I hate to be the bearer of bad news without a spine you aren’t winning games (spine being fullback, 5/8, hooker and lock). The Tigers would be the worst spine in the comp easily and that includes a Dolphins side who have been in the comp for 2 games!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back