NRL's $1 billion deal in shatters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the competition in Australia is too professional for it these days. I can't see the nRL ever becoming professional enough (or league actually played by people in more than two states) for them to suffer the fate that the AFL SoO did.

To say there was no passion in the AFL's SoO is once again plain ignorance shown by a pathetic nRL troll. Watch this video and tell me there's no passion shown in what has been discribed as one of the best football games of all time.

Now go back to Inbred Unlimited please :thumbsu:

Yep, the players were so passionate about the concept that the series was disbanded because players didn't want to take part.

Wow massive ratings!
And now is when their crowds drop to sub 10,000 average (yes the average is sub-10,000)
It seems that our inbred cousins don't realise that their SOO decreases the value of the regular comp. But we do know that they are always a little behind the times.
At the end of the day, NRL will always be a second rate 'sport' with a chip on its shoulder. It's not the most popular sport in any of the countries that it's played in.
It's like the annoying (imbred) little red-haired distant country cousin that your mother makes you be nice to.

The funniest thing about this is that the person in charge of buying/selling V8 rights says that the demographic is the same. So, fat drunk bogans are the only ones who watch it (too fat to actually go to the match). Big whoopo, some women may watch SOO for the sense of occasion on a Wednesday night (after dinner, when everyone is at home).

The problem is that no women watch the game. They have been turned off by the violence, rapes and behaviour of all involved in the game. Heck, they reward punch ons and condone rape by giving Matty Johns his own show.

TV execs know that women are the desired market and that the AFL has capitalised on this with its PC-friendly image.

I'm glad that the AFL haven't sold themselves to the TV networks. I like the planned schedule and generally go to about 18 matches per year. I like the tradition of a Saturday afternoon Grand Final. I appreciate the success we have had with SOO in the past but know that its time has past. I would be ropable if Pendlebury injured himself in one of these.

(I also am not a fat drunk racist bogan, who loves playing with p0!, gang raping or bashing women, drug-taking and fornicating my relatives- Hi El Dild0! You mad? Got steam coming from your ears buddy? Won't get $1 Billion. Move on.)

The St Kilda and Liam Jarrah's machete say hi!

So under this bizzare logic, an old tarzan movie shown at 8pm Wednesday night would rate its ar$e off??
The AFL GF remains the only top rating sport in Australian TV history that isn't shown in prime time. The 2005/6 GFs rated 4.6m or so, far higher than any non primetime sport - ever!

As I said earlier in this thread the Australian tennis open final always rated well on Sunday afternoon, but never in the top 20 sporting program. Once they moved to Sunday night it rated far far higher and topped the sports ratings list.

On your comment, all programs rate better in prime time because there are far more people home to watch it.

Rightfully run out of the game, not given a pat on the back and actions condoned like the AFL are known to do.
Yeah Daniel Connors was given a pat of the back wasn't he? :rolleyes: you idiot.

What's the name of the guy that keeps on beating up his girlfriend? Even when she's pregnant! :eek: ******* nRL scum

I dont know the exact amount but it's about 1/3 of their advertising revenue: http://www.smh.com.au/news/business...ose-to-collapse/2007/08/10/1186530616318.html

Also mentioned here (under #5): http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...n-broadcast-rights-battle-20120427-1xq78.html
"Nine receives about one-third of the revenue generated by games in regional areas."

Cheers Jimpson.

Reflecting on the blinkers, 1/3 of the revenue of a couple of the larger regional markets would be 'a pretty penny' & I'm happy to agree to disagree.

AFL would love Origin. It just would not work because the other two states that it is played are outposts. Victoria is too dominant. It is a brilliant feature of State of Origin that the smaller League state manages to win more often than not. And if Origin and the AFL GF where to literally go head to head Origin would be victorious.

And I can understand exactly where the clubs were coming from, but if the passion was there, the all powerful players association could have flexed it's muscle and forced the clubs to release the players.

When Origin was canned it was 1999 and the players didnt have half of the power they do now. It wasnt really until after Andrew Demetriou setup the AFLPA pay deal that it really got any power, which admittedly was in 1998, but it was the deal after that from 2003 that players began to put their foot down.

They are very unskilled in the nRL. How the **** can you drop a ball from that short a distance?

Btw, cute how you thought of me while watching the rugby as well :hearts:
When I think about it further. It doesn't surprise me you'd focus on a mistake made by a guy who had been concussed

A whopping 67,000 in Adelaide. Lower than game two's ratings here. :oops:
Not bad figures, for a state no cares about.*

*That was too easy.

The AFL GF remains the only top rating sport in Australian TV history that isn't shown in prime time. The 2005/6 GFs rated 4.6m or so, far higher than any non primetime sport - ever!
As I said earlier in this thread the Australian tennis open final always rated well on Sunday afternoon, but never in the top 20 sporting program. Once they moved to Sunday night it rated far far higher and topped the sports ratings list.

On your comment, all programs rate better in prime time because there are far more people home to watch it.
All you do is say the same **** over and over and over again. It means **** all. I got an idea why don't we focus on the 05/06 GFs? How telling us about the tennis one more time? Do you actually ever make any comments about footy on here? The only time I've noticed a comment of yours outside these trolling thread was the "Least favourite sport" thread. Ridiculous, cannot take you as a genuine footy fan. An anti-league troll? Yes. Genuine footy fan? Nup.

I thought it was interesting last night, in the context that recent pages have been about the low standard of skills league players have, that league players proved they're better than footy at applying footy skills. Firstly, Cooper Cronk is the best set shot for goal in Australia. I can't imagine how much worse footy players would be, how many more time they'd miss, with an opponent running at them.

Josh Morris showed he is the best contested mark in Australia. One go, clean hands.

This state versus state thing is a quaint concept, and League are welcome to it. It's a concept that basically puts bars around the NRL as a competition. It guarantees that the NRL stays a two state competition forever.

In Australian Football, we had colony versus colony games 133 years ago. We've progressed from that.

The AFL is now the biggest, most prosperous sporting competition in Australia, and part of the progression has been to let go of archaic notions like inter-colonial contests.

The NRL could put on SOO for 30 consecutive weeks, and it would still only bridge the gap with the AFL marginally.

Are you for real? Aussie Rules invented State of Origin when WA werent prepared to cop arrogance of the Vic type & demanded equity, pulled the pants down of the arrogant ... reality is the Bananabenders were copping it just like WA, they took the concept & served it up to New South Welshmen (ladies too) & Australia flocks to the TV to see the arrogant belittled & thats why there are locals sobbing & the rest of Aus laughing.

Are Vic AFL fans as arrogant as NSW NRL fans ... tell us Barkly baby :eek::eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back