Remove this Banner Ad

MC_Bomba

All Australian
Suspended
Nov 17, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Will Queensland make it 4 in a row or can NSW claim back the trophy.

NSW have to make better selections

What do people think should play?
Who's going to be chosen as captain?

I am a queenslander so I don't care but I'd go for something like this (I am assuming Bird is not in prison!)

1. Kurt Gidley (some may disagree, but he is too good to be on the bench)
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Chris Lawrence
4. Michael Jennings
5. Nathan Merritt (surprise a bit, but I feel NSW need speed)
6. Feliti Mateo
7. Peter Wallace
8. Brent Kite
9. Michael Ennis
10. Josh Perry
11. Ryan Hoffman
12. Anthony Laffranchi
13. Luke O Donnell

14. John Sutton
15. YOUNG PROP (no idea who, but not White!)
16. Anthony Tupou
17. Greg Bird (note he may start at lock)

1. Brett Stewart
2. Josh Morris
3. Michael Jennings
4. Joel Monaghan
5. David Williams
6. Feleti Mateo
7. Peter Wallace
8. Brent Kite
9. Kurt Gidley
10. Josh Perry
11. Anthony Laffranch
12. Nathan Hindmarsh
13. Glenn Stewart
------------------------------
14. Robbie Farah
15. John Sutton
16. Mark O'Meley
17. Anthony Watmough

Coach: Des Hasler - Loves his footy and doesn't complain if someone gets suspended.
Captain: Hindmarsh or Gidley - Gidley if he captains the Knights, if not, Hindmarsh.

1. B Stewart
2 J Monaghan
3 M Jennings
4 M Cooper
5 A Quinn
6 T Campese
7 P Wallace
8 B Kite
9 K Gidley
10 B Cross
11 A Laffranchi
12 P Gallen
13 A Tounge

14 L Lewis
15 C Heighington
16 J Perry
17 L Bailey

• Banned
1. Brett Stewart (To good to be benched, still dunno why he was in game 3)
2. Kurt Gidley
3. Matt Cooper (Underated imo)
4. Joel Monaghan
5. David Williams
6. Terry Campese
7. Peter Wallace
8. Brent Kite
9. Robbie Farah (I'd probably say Ennis, but gives stupid penalties away which would cost them too much in origin, and they need more of a playmaking hooker which is something nsw lacked as Buderus got older)
10. Josh Perry
11. Anthony Laffranch
12. Nathan Hindmarsh
13. Glen Stewart
------------------------------
14. Utility back (who doesnt screw up the halves)
15. Feleti Mateo
16. PROP (NOT MASON)
17. Luke Bailey

Feleti Mateo has to change his alleigence to Australia first - not that it's stopped various players doing it in the past (Adrian "The Kumul Kid" Lam, Brad Thorne, etc.)

Feleti's been giving mixed messages about this - on one hand saying how much he wants to play for Tonga and then telling everyone how much he wants to play SoO... I also met his cousin (who plays for Coogee juniors) who confirmed Feleti considers himself primarily Tongan and wants to keep representing them.

I'd be inclined to let him do both.

Brett Stewert
Hayne (hopefully we find someone else, hayne played awful this season)
Lawrence
Cooper (whoever suggested jennings/lawrence, they would be steamrolled by Qld centres).
Monohagn
Mullen/Campese
Wallace/Pearce
Kite
Farah
Bailey
Glen Stewert
Fitzgibbon/Hindmarsh/Heignington
Gallen

K Gidley
Mateo
J Perry
A prop, any prop who didnt play this year, they were all s**t

Yeah, the mention of Jennings/Lawrence is laughable

The 1, 6, and utility bench spot is difficult to pick. The one could goto Stewart or Gidley. The 5/8 could be Mullen, Bird (eww not a 6), Campese, Carney. And the bench spot could goto one of these guys

Actually struggling to find a second decent centre/wing here...NSW could desperately use Gasnier...Might actually have to be one of those two I laughed at before..or Turner

1. Stewart- Gonna say Brett here
2. Hayne- Who else is can take on Folau, Inglis, Tate
3. Cooper- Gotta be..great defender
4. --Leaving this open
5. Quinn- despite his obvious flaws in defending
6. Mullen- An extra 2 years will help his maturity, and should be able to step back into a blue jumper
7. Wallace- Too good to be left out..apologies to Pearce
8. Bailey- His go forward is amazing
9. Farah/Ennis- Form depending..can't go wrong
10. O'Meley
11. Laffranchi- High class
12. Topou- Mobile dangerous in attack
13. Bird- Plays best here...hard running on the edge of the play

14. Gidley- Utility
15. Gallen- Tough...should be impact of the bench (could swap with Bird)
16. In form Forward (Stewart, Watmough)
17. Hoffman

The ability for Bird to play back/forward allows for 3 forwards on the bench, which is needed...tired forwards trying to defend Inglis and Slater cannot happen

Although, as a QLD supporter, I would be very happy seeing this team walk out for Game 1

Depends
If Kidley is in run on side him
If not i dont know, i think Farrah would be a good option. He better be hooker, better, cleaner player than ennis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1.BRETT STUART - i would have liked to see minichello back in the picture, but he is very unlucky with injuries, stuart is an awesome attacking weapon.

2.(DAVID WILLIAMSON/MICHAEL GORDON) depends on form.
- michael gordon really doing what a winger should do, score tries, play in structure plus he can really kick goals.williamson finished off 2008 very strong, i still reckon he has more to give

3.matt cooper - very strong, fast, awesome defender, total package.

4.michael jennings - nsw has been lacking a real freekish talent for a little while now,someone who can pretty much create something out of nothing, i believe jennings with his strength, SSPPPEEEEDDDD, and manoevres, can really open the qld team right apart, i also believe he needs a big occasion to perform at his best.

5.joel monaghan - consistent, can jump for kicks, very useful against israel.

6.braith anasta - bratt fittler is without a doubt my favourite player of all time, with his strength, vision, courage and being able to lift the spirit of the whole team, under him i believe anasta is really striving, for e.g. with the match with roosters v broncos, ofcourse broncos won, but anasta absolutely riped darren lockyer in half, stepping inside him a couple of times, and so on.

7.mitchel pierce - has got his fathers couragous mentality, honestly, just not because im a roosters fan, i believe pierce is one of the true halfback being introduced into the game in present times, such players like andrew johns, langer, prince, thurston, sterling etc. also awesome combination with anasta which can only be a bonus.

8.Brent Kite - always plays strong and tough, someone you can really depend on.

9.Robbie Farah - also one of those great talents, like having an extra halfback, has great vision, the lot.

10.Luke Bailey - if he is available, he is a very inspiring player, tough, strong, he is very mobile.

11.WILLIE MASON - look i know this selection is going to cause contreversy, when in form, no matter how big or good defender you are, you would not like to see a giant trying to run over you.very strong, he is a personlaity player, very good for footy, can be the secret weapon to ending the marrons winning streak.

12.NATHAN HINDMARSH - hindy needs to be there, origin is his thing, he is like a brick wall in defence, in attack he can be very dangerous though gaps, and close to the line.

13.PAUL GALLEN - (ive had this crazy idea of playing TRENT BARRET in lock, playing as an extra playmaker in attack, and is occassionally a great defender also big etc) i use to hate this bloke, but now i understand how he plays, like the 80's, tough and couragous, if his leg was broken, he would not say a thing just to not let down his team mates. very good in defence, metre eater, very tough mentality.

14.KURT GIDLEY - prob 1st picked, very handy in any position
15.ANTHONY TUPOU - altough his not one of them playes always talked about, he is always picked in origin and test squads, very dangerous in attack, must have.
16.CRAIG FITZGIBBON - can play in second row or front row, big, strong, has a never say die attitude.
17.(ANTHONY LATHRANCHI/TRENT BARRET) both great players, laffranchi, another weapon in second row, with barret, i believe his one of them game chaning players like fittler, john, stacey jones, has a old mind which i believe was the best way to play footy.

the halves have caused the most contreversy, for wallace, when i see him play, he does not excite me, or standard should i say, he can pass and kick, but i do not believe he is an actual HALFBACK.Campese has rosen evrybodies attention, but ofcourse he is a great talent, but he just does not convince me as being a really great player.
when he was tossed into the world cup, he had little input, and did not play what was expected of him, i believe he is not a BIG STAGE PLAYER.

There is my team for now, but theres still a while left to go so well see.

I really dont know, i cant find a decent winger to play, and the pack is a problem, even our strength of the back row is a problem this season

Campese Wallace would be my halves, with mullen knocking on the door on poor performance/injury

Fullback is tough as well, Kidley has been in the form of his life, too good a player to be on the bench, but then so is stewert. You could almost play kurt gidley as a lock forward, he cant ackle well and give him a bit of a roving commission.

Bailey has to start, he is our steve price/petero type player. Shove Weyman up front with him

Here's Phil Rothfield's line-up... he apparently has "inside info"...

http://blogs.news.com.au/dailyteleg...graph/comments/inside_running_on_origin_team/

1 Brett Stewart
2 David Williams
3 Matt Cooper
4 Michael Jennings
5 Josh Morris
6 Terry Campese
7 Kurt Gidley ©
13 Paul Gallen
12 Anthony Watmough
11 Anthony Laffranchi
10 Brent Kite
9 Michael Ennis
8 Michael Weyman
14 Peter Wallace
15 Ben Creagh
16 Glenn Stewart
17 Luke Bailey

Lots of debutants there. Gidley at Half-back seems a brave choice. But I'm guessing he's suggested that to wind-up Phil Gould (the two have a history of bad blood) who has been openly pushing for the Roosters duo of Anasta and Pearce at 6 and 7 and reckons Campese's not up to the job yet (and I probably agree with this). Would be nice to see Keith Galloway get in there somehow.

Anyway, I'd hate to be a selector... too many options and so much pressure - as we have to win this time.

6.braith anasta - bratt fittler is without a doubt my favourite player of all time, with his strength, vision, courage and being able to lift the spirit of the whole team, under him i believe anasta is really striving, for e.g. with the match with roosters v broncos, ofcourse broncos won, but anasta absolutely riped darren lockyer in half, stepping inside him a couple of times, and so on.

7.mitchel pierce - has got his fathers couragous mentality, honestly, just not because im a roosters fan, i believe pierce is one of the true halfback being introduced into the game in present times, such players like andrew johns, langer, prince, thurston, sterling etc. also awesome combination with anasta which can only be a bonus.

LOL.....yeah how good are the roosters going with this halves combination? NSW WILL GET SMASHED IF YOU PICK THESE TWO

Gallen
watmough
**** those ***** off
Josh Morris is awful on the wing, he's a centre
Jennings is over rated as is david williams
Kurt Gidley is not a halfback

Farah>Ennis

I am QLD through and through but NSW should pick

1. Stewart
2. Monaghan
3. Jennings
4. Josh Morris
5. Gordon
6. Campese
7. Wallace
8. Kite
9. Ennis
10. Weyman
11. Laffranchi
12. Ben Creagh
13. Sutton
14. Mateo
15. Luke Bailey
16. Ben Cross or Luke Bailey
17. Craig Wing (bit of a surprise but he is the best utility NSW have- Gidley is not a utility, he is a fullback). Wing is more a hooker, who is more a matchwinner at State level than Gidley)

1. Stewart
2. Quinn
3. Cooper
4. Hayne
5. Monaghan
6. Campese
7. Wallace
8. Bailey
9. Farah
10. Kite
11. Laffranchi
12. Ben Creagh
13. Sutton

14. Mateo/hindmarsh
15. Ben Cross
16. Willie Mason
17. Gidley

thats what i think anyway

Im surprised noones mentioning Preston Campbell for halfback. I reckon his form has been awesome. His picked up his game in defence where he used to struggle and he is one of the main reasons the titans are around the top of the ladder right now

Im surprised noones mentioning Preston Campbell for halfback. I reckon his form has been awesome. His picked up his game in defence where he used to struggle and he is one of the main reasons the titans are around the top of the ladder right now

Except his defence is horrid regardless of how much he has improved as you put it...you do realise Origin is won through defence right..He is not a primary playmaker.

1. Stewart
2. Quinn
3. Cooper
4. Hayne
5. Monaghan
6. Campese
7. Wallace
8. Bailey
9. Farah
10. Kite
11. Laffranchi
12. Ben Creagh
13. Sutton

14. Mateo/hindmarsh
15. Ben Cross
16. Willie Mason
17. Gidley

thats what i think anyway

Quinn..hmm why exactly. What has he done this season?

Hayne..laughable at best, even discounting him playing out of position..can you imagine him defending Inglis in the centres?

Cooper- if NSW want to win they need to pick players to WIN not defend in the centres, an attacking centre would be more suited. Cooper is 50/50 to be fit by game 1 as well.

Hindmarsh- another old hack, as a QLD supporter pick him as all he does is tackle.

Mason- past it, although at his best form the selection has merit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back