NXT Discussion Thread (On FOX8, Kayo and Binge)

Remove this Banner Ad

success.jpg

what a great show. that main event was just ******* perfect.

probably the worst part of the whole thing was the "marking out" chant which got a legit facepalm from me. but they nearly began coming close to making up for it by being great (if a little too chanty) during the main event.

Haven't posted on here much but been a keen stalker for a while.

That show was incredible. The absolute mastery of the storytelling just elevated that whole show to another level. The build up over the last few NXTs has been done perfectly and really set the scene, it had me invested right from the word go.

Sami's road to redemption and addition of a little hard edge. Neville and his "precious"like relationship with the belt.
Hideo and Balor's demonstration of the future (I haven't seen much of KENTA but was aware of the GTS, so when he had him on his shoulder's I had a little girly fit).
Charlotte and Banks showing what a true women's division could achieve. Fantastic match.
Baron being Baron and the slow build up to Bull vs Baron.
And Owen's debut was phenomenal. Such presence and intensity.

And this is all without mentioning the perfect timing and placement of the swerve. They get to have their real moment when the whole roster is out there. Owens comes back out and they linger just long enough to think it's all genuine. Then BAM.

Zayn Vs Owens is going to be amazing.

Best wrestling I have seen in a very long time.

Haven't watched much nxt but watched the ppv last night. Amazing product.

Love the crowd atmosphere and the traditional sound of the crowd chanting the 1-2-3.

And there's the element of surprise of the result.

85-90% of raw and smackdown you know which way the result is going before the match starts.

The unique moves and traditionally wrestling on nxt so much better for entertainment.

If they replaced Henry big show fandango, matadors, the bunny, rose etc and filled the shows with some serious talent like Cesaro steen Kenta balor, Ambrose, Rollins , Ziggler , Swagger Cody Sandow and let these guys WRESTLE it would be a kick ass product

Had to avoid this board all last night and this morning so I could watch without spoilers. Couldn't even open Twitter or Reddit :p

Holy * that was an amazing show. Not a single down moment. Every match was just awesome.

Thank you Triple H based god.

Yep. Avoided internet till I could watch this afternoon.

For the first time in a long long time, I was genuinely marking out, almost every match. I thought the Lucha Dragons Vaudevillians match was average, but I don't rate Gotch or Sin Cara.

Is there another wrestler on the roster who can tell a story the way Zayn can? I never saw Kenta or Devitt or Steen or El Generico, and I'm kinda glad. They're building their own characters for mine.

Top notch show 10/10 elbows just pointy enough

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone have a link for the full show?

I only have foxtel and my series link doesnt seem to have picked up the special. Not sure it was even on foxtel?
The special was only on the network.

The special was only on the network.

Uggh... I was afraid of that. Hard to justify spending that extra $$$ when we get everything else on foxtel already. Might have to fork out a month's worth just for the replay!

Ahh well. Ive seen Balor's entrance on youtube. He is going to be a mega star. That entrance was part Randy Orton part Jeff Hardy part Undertaker.

It's going to look incredible at WrestleMania in the coming years.

I just watched it.

Holy s**t, that was the best PPV or WWE product I've seen for a long long time. Absolutely outstanding.
Everything about it was fantastic but the highlight was definitely Balor. Amazing entrance, imagining that at an event like Wrestlemania would just be mindblowing.

Terrific show from top to bottom.

Charlotte vs Banks was perhaps the best womans match of the year.
Lucha Dragons vs Vaudevillians was entertaining.
Ascension vs Itami(teasing the GTS) and Balor(with paint) was great.
Corbin and Bull Dempseys slow build to their feud intrigues me.
Owens debut was good, the blood coming out of his face was perfect in showing the type of guy he is to people who may not have seen him before.

Zayn vs Neville was outstanding. Zayn winning the belt had me in tears. I knew Kevin Owens would celebrate with Zayn and then turn on him. Opening a new chapter to their long standing feud. Some would say it was predictable, but pro-wrestling doesn't need to be unpredictable for the sake of it. Great decision to pull the trigger on this storyline right away.

Triple H and NXT's Talent would be telling Vince McMahon and the WWE Main Roster to TOP THAT at TLC.

I have no doubt it will be a VERY tough task for them to do so.

Haven't posted on here much but been a keen stalker for a while.

That show was incredible. The absolute mastery of the storytelling just elevated that whole show to another level. The build up over the last few NXTs has been done perfectly and really set the scene, it had me invested right from the word go.

Sami's road to redemption and addition of a little hard edge. Neville and his "precious"like relationship with the belt.
Hideo and Balor's demonstration of the future (I haven't seen much of KENTA but was aware of the GTS, so when he had him on his shoulder's I had a little girly fit).
Charlotte and Banks showing what a true women's division could achieve. Fantastic match.
Baron being Baron and the slow build up to Bull vs Baron.
And Owen's debut was phenomenal. Such presence and intensity.

And this is all without mentioning the perfect timing and placement of the swerve. They get to have their real moment when the whole roster is out there. Owens comes back out and they linger just long enough to think it's all genuine. Then BAM.

Zayn Vs Owens is going to be amazing.

Best wrestling I have seen in a very long time.

Way better then then Main WWE PPV’s have put up

Terrific show from top to bottom.

Charlotte vs Banks was perhaps the best womans match of the year.
Lucha Dragons vs Vaudevillians was entertaining.
Ascension vs Itami(teasing the GTS) and Balor(with paint) was great.
Corbin and Bull Dempseys slow build to their feud intrigues me.
Owens debut was good, the blood coming out of his face was perfect in showing the type of guy he is to people who may not have seen him before.

Zayn vs Neville was outstanding. Zayn winning the belt had me in tears. I knew Kevin Owens would celebrate with Zayn and then turn on him. Opening a new chapter to their long standing feud. Some would say it was predictable, but pro-wrestling doesn't need to be unpredictable for the sake of it. Great decision to pull the trigger on this storyline right away.

Triple H and NXT's Talent would be telling Vince McMahon and the WWE Main Roster to TOP THAT at TLC.

I have no doubt it will be a VERY tough task for them to do so.
Bork would have to appear and get laid out by The Undertaker, then get Banked by Rollins who would have beaten Cena for TLCS to be better.

Last edited:
Like many here, I stayed away from all things wrestling related (because I have a brain and know people will be posting spoilers, results etc ;)) until I had the chance to watch this. I saw my Twitter feed go mental about the PPV so I was really excited to watch it.

For a 5 minute match, Owens put on one hell of a display. I don't find the vaudevillains (?) entertaining whatsoever, but regardless it was a decent match. I think RossFC summed up the rest of the show again. Absolutely spot on from NXT. Well done, HHH and co.

It's amazing that a low budget, low production show that goes for 2 hours can put on a better show than RAW and the main PPV's. :rolleyes: It's beyond me as to why much more people aren't watching NXT instead of the crap that is served up every Monday and every fourth Sunday or so. NXT shits all over any other program WWE has.

Zayn/Neville MOTY. Period. No ifs or buts.

Like many here, I stayed away from all things wrestling related (because I have a brain and know people will be posting spoilers, results etc ;)) until I had the chance to watch this. I saw my Twitter feed go mental about the PPV so I was really excited to watch it.

For a 5 minute match, Owens put on one hell of a display. I don't find the vaudevillains (?) entertaining whatsoever, but regardless it was a decent match. I think RossFC summed up the rest of the show again. Absolutely spot on from NXT. Well done, HHH and co.

It's amazing that a low budget, low production show that goes for 2 hours can put on a better show than RAW and the main PPV's. :rolleyes: It's beyond me as to why much more people aren't watching NXT instead of the crap that is served up every Monday and every fourth Sunday or so. NXT shits all over any other program WWE has.

Zayn/Neville MOTY. Period. No ifs or buts.
Absolutely. It was the first true 5 star match the WWE has had since Punk/Cena at MITB in 2011 imo. The quality of wrestling, the perfectly built storyline, the triumphant result, the long match length. It had everything, the perfect match. And then Owens afterwards... The writers on the main roster need to take note. Ending the show with Zayn standing tall is nice and all, but in 20 seconds they instantly made the next NXT show go from, lets see the fallout from the show to, holy s**t! What is going to happen next?! A cliffhanger is such a simple technique to make that post ppv (or whatever you want to call it) must see, yet when was the last time that happened in WWE? Maybe when the shield debuted.

Finally got around to watching this show. Haven't watched NXT at all since the last PPV but I heard this one was good so I gave it a look.

Really liked the debut squash match. Was a great tease for Owens and left you wanting to see more of him.

I don't get the Vaudevillians at all. I like they're entrance but what exactly is their character? The commentators kept going on about how 'gentlemanly' they are, and I didn't really follow how that added anything to their wrestling. I hate the lucha tag team, one of them is so small it just looks unbelievably fake when he's holding a guy twice his size up in the corner.

The next tag match was very overrated to me. Balor's entrance was really confusing to me. Some of the leaps on the entrance ramp looked really flamboyant and silly, and it's pointless to have such a dark demented entrance if you're just going to wrestle the match normally anyway. The character just didn't seem to fit. The Ascension look good, but if they're also meant to be a dark team, why did they look so confused and scared of Balor's entrance? You wouldn't see the Undertaker do that.

The main event was great and it made me crazy that NXT are actually investing in storylines while raw plays mix and match for who randomly fights who. Both guys were fantastic and honestly from that one show I'm more interested in Zayn/Owens than anything happening on Raw right now.

Finally the crowd was awful and ruined alot of it for me. Chanting 'this is awesome' for every match 'this is wrestling' and 'marking out' is the height of cringeworthy. Reminded me of a TNA crowd.

Overall I thought it was a pretty good show and sets up what should be an awesome feud between Zayn and Owens.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back