Dipper

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2000
London,England
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Allies FCC
After the hooha of England's tour of shame in 98 when we sent an terribly weakened side to SA,NZ & Australia & got suitably stuffed the All Blacks are set to leave out a number of first choice players on their tour of Euorpe this autumn.

I can't entirely blame them really it's just such a shame that any games between northern/southern hemisphere teams now seem so loaded in favour of the home team mainly due to the fact that the guests are knackered after a hard long season.The only time we get a fair reflection of the relative strengths of the each other is during the WC which at once every 4 years isn't enough for my liking.

I'd love us to be able to go down south when the players are fresh & strong, send ou best side & see how we cope & I'd like them to be able to do the same to us.

You can throw a blanket over the top 30 players in New Zealand.

If the current All Black team achieves greatness, it will from our broad depth, and not a few elite 'world-class' players.

All Black selection will be interesting, the invincible Canterbury (14 starting ABs) got absolutely bitchslapped by the unfashionable Waikato (one AB 'impact player') a few weeks ago.

If we can upset them again in the finals (and that's a big if) then by rights Mitchell will be forced to change the guards anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back