Ovens and King Football League 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

So your suggesting that the reserves player is been asked to leave the the club ?
Does the same rule apply if a player whilst playing abuses an ump and cost the team a goal with a fifty ? Pretty harsh , sets a big precedent would be interesting if that decision was made if it was a club stalwart or club great as it easily could have been at any club.
Surely an apology and maybe an internal suspension would do.

I'm not suggesting, I'm saying it has been done. The player was asked to umpire our game this weekend as we don't have umpires and he declined.

He is a repeat offender and as a club had had enough.

Yes it is a harsh penalty, but as a club Moyhu are making a stance on this so everyone knows it is not on.

Not everyone is going to agree on the decision but that's life!

Went along to Greta yesterday to watch Greta vs Bonnie Doon
Thought it was a very enjoyable game of footy! I noticed one thing that showed out most between the sides was that bonnie doon never questioned any of the umpires calls weather they thought the call was right or wrong they just got on with the game! Where on other hand Greta was always questioned it!

Did anyone else get along to watch any of the other games this weekends! Any feed back!??

Went along to Greta yesterday to watch Greta vs Bonnie Doon
Thought it was a very enjoyable game of footy! I noticed one thing that showed out most between the sides was that bonnie doon never questioned any of the umpires calls weather they thought the call was right or wrong they just got on with the game! Where on other hand Greta was always questioned it!

Did anyone else get along to watch any of the other games this weekends! Any feed back!??
We certainly gave away some poor free kicks and a couple of 50m penalties that cost us 3 goals. With half a dozen first choice players out at the moment and another 3 or 4 fringe players injured it's testing the clubs depth out.

We certainly gave away some poor free kicks and a couple of 50m penalties that cost us 3 goals. With half a dozen first choice players out at the moment and another 3 or 4 fringe players injured it's testing the clubs depth out.

The first half was a very contested an scrappy game where few of the goals missed could have easily put either team on the front foot leading into half time! The game opened up a bit more in the 2nd half where bonnie doon seemed to make most of their shots on goal!

Went along and had a look at the Tarra vs Whorouly on Saturday and thought it was a better game than the score would suggest. Whorouly had a few chances to put some score board pressure on but missed vital chances at crucial stages in the game and Tarra hit the score board on the rebound. Ripping day to watch footy and the standard was pretty good too. Had a read through the Record on the weekend and making a debut for Bright was a James Love, can someone tell me if he came from Greensborough FC in the NFL.

Thats a fair pick up for Bright they would have to be paying a bit of coin to get him up there. Any reports on how he went?OTE="nonch, post: 33147727, member: 63231"]Yeah that's the one.[/QUOTE]
Tha

H
Thats a fair pick up for Bright they would have to be paying a bit of coin to get him up there. Any reports on how he went?OTE="nonch, post: 33147727, member: 63231"]Yeah that's the one.
Tha[/QUOTE]. His family own a holiday house in bright so not on anywhere near what you would think. Has come up for the lifestyle, into his dirt bikes! He's pretty handy.

. His family own a holiday house in bright so not on anywhere near what you would think. Has come up for the lifestyle, into his dirt bikes! He's pretty handy.[/QUOTE]
I played against THE SLIME (Boro) when he was playing a couple of years ago, he was only a kid then maybe 16 or 17 yrs old got under our radar and it cost us 2 games. Kicked winning goals in both late if my memory serves me correct, very hard at it for a kid but i haven't seen him for a while. Wouldn't imagine Boro would be happy about him playing in the O&K

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have got Saturday arvo free this week any advice on which game will be worth going to watch.

Depends what you want to see. If it's a potentially close game, then either Greta v Bright or Bonnie Doon v Moyhu are your only options.

If you want to see the best player in the O&K at this very moment kick 15 goals (a conservative estimate), go to Benalla v Tarra.

Didn't worry us, gave Cody Taylor a chance to strut his stuff, which he did....;)

Cody is a gun, and it's always good to young blokes like him given a chance to prove themselves on a big stage. Hopefully for Benalla's sake he sticks around and has a long career with the club.

Depends what you want to see. If it's a potentially close game, then either Greta v Bright or Bonnie Doon v Moyhu are your only options.

If you want to see the best player in the O&K at this very moment kick 15 goals (a conservative estimate), go to Benalla v Tarra.

Judging by what we have seen so far this year, it would be safe to say that hamish Moore would be the best full forward that Tarra has ever seen? Possibly the best the league has ever seen?

Judging by what we have seen so far this year, it would be safe to say that hamish Moore would be the best full forward that Tarra has ever seen? Possibly the best the league has ever seen?[/QUOTE]

Hahaha.......Better hope Moorey doesn't read your post.....He kicked 20 against us one day.....:):)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back