Teams Las Vegas Raiders - The Black Hole

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys, I thought I would just introduce myself here quickly so I wasn't that random guy who nobody knows where he came from. So I've been following the raiders for about 10 years after getting into football through Madden04? playing as the Eagles with McNabb and Westbrook, but I eventually switched to the Raiders because I liked their logo. I stopped keeping up to date for a while there around 2008-2012, but when I came back, luckily nothing had changed! Hopefully this is finally our year to at least make the playoffs, but I'll be happy if I finally see us finish above .500 (A man can dream I guess:)). Anyway that's me.

I don't see any wheels on it. Does that mean we aren't moving?.

It's essentially a portable building. The facility cost around 8 million to make, including the field replacement and improved drainage. If the Raiders were to move, they'll likely stay in Oakland during the working week, and then move to their other home the day before a game. This was the case when they moved to LA 35+ years ago.

Once a new facility was made in the new home, they'd move that big building across. All the equipment inside the building can be taken out and migrated across. It's a very simple process. People looking into it as if it's a sign they'll stay in Oakland are kidding themselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just looking at the box stats but our run game looks terrible.

The Cards were all over our run game from the start. There were multiple times when Murray was lucky just to get the handoff from Carr, such was the pressure. It wasn't good, I know that. I'm confident Tice can clean some of it up though. Arizona's D is extremely stout though, so I'm not surprised that they shut us down for the most part. I'm happy that Carr was able to connect for some big gains. The redzone stuff was poor, though I'm not overly concerned about it. Carr was $$$ in the redzone last year. Furthermore, the real "game planning" so to speak is situational stuff, i.e. goal line, 3rd down, red zone, 2 minute drill, 4 minute offense etc. So it wouldn't surprise me if a lot of the redzone stuff that will show up on gameday during the regular season, is quite different to what we have seen in the pre-season.

My biggest concern was that INT from Carr, and then the defensive starters getting schooled on their 1 and only drive late in the 3rd quarter by the Arizona 2nd stringers. That D for the first half though, could've put Seattle jerseys on them and no one would've noticed the difference. Mack is a monster, and Mario Edwards Jr is showing up more and more.

If our D is able to play at a similar level consistently, 7-8 wins is not out of the picture by any stretch. Carr needs to get a few things cleaned up though. Then again, when we had NO run game last year, Carr was pretty terrible. Today's performance was an upgrade given the similar circumstances surrounding our run game. I.e, fix the run game, and things will open up for Carr.

Sucks about Menelik Watson. Great dude, and was starting to find his niche at RT. Austin Howard will have to step up, or we will be screaming for Khalif Barnes come middle of September...

The thing I hate about our offense is the preponderance of swing passes, screens, and dinks. Drives me insane whenever i watch any team play that style of offense.

Why? It's easily the most effective offense in the NFL right now. I love the vertical game as much as anyone but you can't throw deep every passing play.

At least we didn't give up much for him like others.

Bills have released Fred Jackson, gotta be an upgrade.
Yeh, in the good old days we might have traded a first for him.

I can confirm that the Raiders have put some feelers out to gauge the trade market for Sio Moore. Coach Del Rio is not a fan of his attitude, and if the right offer comes along, the Raiders will trade him and send a big message to the players, that any BS behaviour is not on.

I can confirm that the Raiders have put some feelers out to gauge the trade market for Sio Moore. Coach Del Rio is not a fan of his attitude, and if the right offer comes along, the Raiders will trade him and send a big message to the players, that any BS behaviour is not on.
He sent that message with Dowling too

Could he possibly be worth a 2nd round pick? Or more of a 3rd?

He sent that message with Dowling too

Hardly a message with Dowling. He was a backup safety who wasn't expected to get much playing time this year. Sio was an established starter last season, would be a far bigger message.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back