Teams Las Vegas Raiders - The Black Hole

Remove this Banner Ad

RAIDERS @TheRaidersDaily · 7h7 hours ago

More on #Raiders player: "D.A was always cool to me but I think alot of guys did not really respect him, IDK if it was his age or what"

RAIDERS @TheRaidersDaily · 7h7 hours ago

Just got done with SMS with Anonymous #Raiders player: "D.A lost the locker room last year, guys just don't get pumped up for him"

We haven't been TOO beat up by the media. Sure there are always a few who say "Oh it's the Raiders. Of course they fired their coach over the phone". But i've seen and heard a few analysts say we had to and sort of intimate that Allen had to go without actually saying it as they clearly didn't want to blast Allen too much, i'm hoping.... :p

Last night on Fox they played the Simpson's Episode "Bonfire of the Manatees"...Homer borrow money from Fat Tony to bet on the Raiders....only to have 37 starters go down with the flu forcing the team to start drunken bums off the street. I guess Allen gets the blame for giving his not very good roster the flu.

upload_2014-10-1_13-12-24.png

Last night on Fox they played the Simpson's Episode "Bonfire of the Manatees"...Homer borrow money from Fat Tony to bet on the Raiders....only to have 37 starters go down with the flu forcing the team to start drunken bums off the street. I guess Allen gets the blame for giving his not very good roster the flu.

Seems familiar...oh wait...

Happened multiple times in the game too....

If Carr is smart he will be taking Davis to watch the Aggies this weekend.

1737334.jpg

Cedric Ogbuehi, OT
School: Texas A&M | Conference: SEC
College Experience: Senior | Hometown: Allen, TX
Height/Weight: 6-5 / 300 lbs.
Projected Ranking
Overall Position Proj. Rnd.
3 1 1

If Carr is smart he will be taking Davis to watch the Aggies this weekend.

1737334.jpg

Cedric Ogbuehi, OT
School: Texas A&M | Conference: SEC
College Experience: Senior | Hometown: Allen, TX
Height/Weight: 6-5 / 300 lbs.
Projected Ranking
Overall Position Proj. Rnd.
3 1 1
Pick number 1.

Christopher Hansen ‏@ChrisHansenNFL 5h5 hours ago
Olson is going to be interim HC because he has connection with Gruden. If Mark can sell it, O staff can mostly stay intact. Best 4 Carr.

@ChrisHansenNFL: In theory, the #Raiders could undo almost the entire 2014 offseason and have ~$90M in salary cap space next year.

Could sell this to a new GM "look you have some promising young players high draft pics, a blank slate and low expectations."

John Middlekauff @JohnMiddlekauff 2 minutes ago

The only thing clear to me since Al Davis passed & Mark got hoodwinked by Ron Wolf is Reggie Mckenzie is in WAY over his head

---

many of us suspected this when it happened....ron wolf moving reggie out so ron's son eliot could get a promotion in green bay.

In all honesty....

The real way out of the Raiders black hole is.....

Larry Ellison buys team....these days, the NFL and 95% of its owners are all big corporate self-made billionaires from other industries. Proven success, know how to create it, and who to hire. They draw the biggest names in the front office, football operations, media, etc.

Ellison owning Raiders in LA....where he could turn the gasping Raiders into a
behemoth in the NFL, bigger than Dallas and Washington in terms of pull, dollars, and place the west coast in the upper echelons of NFL powerbrokers (currently it's all the east coast boys club of Kraft, Mara, Rooney, etc).

Ellision would hire a top-notch CEO, VP, Pres of Football Operations, etc. Who would then all hire the very best, brightest up-coming front office guy at some other org to be the GM (like the Rams new GM).

Then that guy would scour the coaching ranks, hire the very best prospect, who would build a coaching staff. And then you'd see this incarnation of the LA Raiders within 2 years become a force in the NFL.....off and on the field.

However, there's a sense of nostalgia with guys like me, old timers, and seeing the mom and pop franchise Raiders, who stood apart from the NFL, seeing us stay that way (like the Bengals with the Brown family...or like the Packers as a small region/entity) and staying in Oakland, and in the Davis family, with Gruden, and the entire tradition of the Raiders and our greats remaining family......and see that become a force.....rather than see it sold off, move to LA, start changing uniforms, etc, and losing that "raider family" thing.

It's all bandaids on a gaping wound.

Madden and Wolf fobbing McKenzie onto a green Mark Davis. And Reggie building the terrible and rookie staff that he did. The org floundered even more. On and off the field.

Now for Davis to hire Gruden as HC, would be another bandaid similar to what happened with McKenzie.

Really....for genuine success, and the "greatness of the Raiders lies in its future"....the path is Larry Ellison owner, Los Angeles Raiders. Moving forward. Becoming a genuine power broker in the NFL.

GG 's posts from last night sum up an average hour in the life of a Raiders fan.

Poor buggers...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Al was great. Miss it.

I agree. For everything that was controversial about the way Mr. Davis handled business, he truly cared about this franchise like no other owner I've ever seen do so in professional sports, apart from Steinbrenner with the Yankees, and Dr. Buss for the Lakers. Even then, I rank Davis above both of those guys. He is without a doubt imo the greatest and most influential owner in professional sporting history.

Raiders rookie watch
October, 2, 2014
Oct 2
12:00
PM ET
By Bill Williamson | ESPN.com

The Oakland Raiders are a disappointing 0-4 going into the bye week. However, they have gotten production from their draft class, so not all is lost. Let’s take a look at the Raiders’ rookies:

First round

i

Mack Linebacker Khalil Mack: The No. 5 overall pick hasn’t been credited for a sack and hasn’t been a difference maker with game-changing plays. But he is playing good, solid football. He has provided a nice pass rush and he has been good against the run. Mack is showing signs of being a fine player.

Second round

Quarterback Derek Carr: He was the first rookie quarterback on the field this season. Carr has shown nice poise and he looks like he has a strong future. Could be a great pick.

Third round

Guard Gabe Jackson: Another pick, another starter. Jackson is a stout, strong player who has held his own. He has surged at times, and the future is bright.

Fourth round

Defensive tackle Justin Ellis: Ellis has been getting some quality playing time. He looks like he can be a long-term starter.

Cornerback Keith McGill: He hasn’t made an impact, but the Raiders think McGill could have a future at cornerback as he grows.

Seventh round

Cornerback TJ Carrie: He plays in the rotation and is the punt returner. The Raiders couldn’t ask for more from a seventh-round pick at this point of his career.

Defensive end Shelby Harris: He was cut and is on the practice squad. I wouldn’t be shocked if he ends up back on the 53-man roster.

Safety Joseph Dowling: He’s a promising project.

Undrafted free agent

Linebacker Bojay Filimoeatu: He was promoted from the practice squad because of injuries at linebacker and played a lot against the Dolphins. Still, he’s a fringe roster player.

Browns nearly had Harbaugh for two third-round picks
Posted by Mike Florio on October 5, 2014, 8:18 PM EDT
harbaugh1.jpg
AP
As it becomes more and more clear that 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh will be coaching elsewhere in 2015, the floor for a potential trade to another NFL team was set back in February.

Per a league source, the trade that would have sent Harbaugh to the Browns would have resulted in a pair of third-round draft picks going to San Francisco.

That’s a far cry from the two first-round picks, two second-round picks, and $8 million that the Buccaneers gave the Raiders for Jon Gruden nearly 13 years ago. And it’s possible that, if multiple teams opt to pursue Harbaugh, the 49ers could get more that what they would have gotten from the Browns, if Harbaugh had decided to leave the Bay Area.

But he (more specifically, his wife) didn’t want to leave the Bay Area, which could put Harbaugh in play for the Raiders job. One league source tells PFT that Harbaugh would “love” to return to the Raiders, where his non-playing career began in 2002 and 2003 as the team’s quarterbacks coach.

Ultimately, the Raiders could give up a lot less to the 49ers to get Harbaugh than the Buccaneers gave up to get Gruden from the Raiders. Unless the Raiders can lure Gruden back to Oakland.

A Raider fan with ties to front office people says it's all but confirmed that....1) Raiders stadium in Oakland is a done deal, and 2) Rams are leaving for Los Angeles soon.

Rams moving to Los Angeles *all but confirmed* (makes sense because they're changing their uniform next year to an LA Rams version).

And Raiders must be staying in Oakland because Harbaugh (especially given his wife) wants to come here, Gruden not ruling out coming here, and Holmgren (another Bay Area local) is rumored to be coming here.

Or just using the Raiders to drum up support in San Francisco. Gruden/Holmgren makes more sense, both have worked together previously and WCO backgrounds. But I hate the WCO. Still early to say either way or neither way.
Well we've just had the last SB won by a team who utilise a power run as the base package. I think the West Coast is the predominant package for most QBs though...allow all the athletes and playmakers you have at WR and RB to make the plays themselves rather than sitting in the pocket and risking your QB against the pass rush.

Reality though is with the Raiders is that even if you dial it up perfectly it's still a five-year project really - a project that could only be started last offseason now that all the dead money has finally cleared.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back