Strategy O'Driscoll's Left Foot

Remove this Banner Ad

The thing I'm really excited about is his penchant for kicking goals.

What's that now - 4 goals in 3 games? And he should really have had 3 today to make it 5 in 3. Those are good numbers for a rookie forward, let alone a mid. Goalkicking mids like that are worth their weight in gold.

And he looks a really clean one-touch player at this level too. Some of his clean takes when roving the packs at pace were very exciting.
Agree with this. There is something about goalkicking - you either have a knack for it or you don’t. We have plenty that don’t so it’s really positive to see that NOD likes a goal

we need to name that pocket at the city end after him already

His wife you mean? (If you know, you know)
i love that they are in on that joke as well, top shitposting

Not to be a killjoy but he seems very reliant on his left side. He is relatively unknown currently so still has the surprise factor but a few more performances like last night and it will be on the scouting report.
Was gonna say - lucky he has a good left because he doesn’t have a right foot. See on the weekend he swung onto his left and made an absolute meal of an easy goal if he had a right foot.

Was gonna say - lucky he has a good left because he doesn’t have a right foot. See on the weekend he swung onto his left and made an absolute meal of an easy goal if he had a right foot.
In fairness he isn’t the only one, Chapman favours his right a lot too at times when he’s be better kicking off the left. Both very exciting talents though

He runs both ways, some great tackles & pressure efforts to go with a couple of goals, just an exciting start to his career for him & more importantly us!

To me NOD has gone past Darcy Tucker as a wing option in our best 22
Not a fan of Tucker. He has had ample time and opportunities to develop his game .
Much prefer NODs aggression , pace , tackling and goal sense even after a few games.

On SM-G975U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Noddy has so much upside it's crazy. If he can add winning contested ball to his resume my oh my 😍

Yep
Unfortunately for Tucker that head knock was the reset switch that the team needed
More than happy to have him as depth but either him or Blakely need to be traded end of year IMHO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has a weird ball drop, he’s like a lite-left footed version of Gryan Miers

He reminds me of Issac Smith, his gait is really similar and that left boot.

Oh man, to get a Freo Issac Smith.
Yesssss Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Has a weird ball drop, he’s like a lite-left footed version of Gryan Miers
Have you seen his sister kick a footy on the AFLW? She's a bit of a cult hero herself (I'm a fan) but she doesn't have the smoothest looking kicking style. Nathan has much more penetration when he kicks it sweetly but I think the O'Driscolls have an unusual kicking technique as a family. Kind of cute in a way.

I'm not sure I've seen him directing traffic in the middle just yet. The part of the game that Tucker normally kills us in is when the ball is moving fast through the middle and he just can't make a decision and holds the whole game up. If NoD is an improvement on that then he's B22 over Tucker forever.

Yep
Unfortunately for Tucker that head knock was the reset switch that the team needed
More than happy to have him as depth but either him or Blakely need to be traded end of year IMHO

Insert obligatory “why not both” meme here…

Seriously though, I’d say Blakely’s already half way out the door and Tucker is depth only. I’d lose no sleep if both departed at years end.

I'll just leave this here...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back