Off season ideas

Remove this Banner Ad

things to do in the AFL off season & season
get a job
get a life
get a girlfriend
get some hobbies

but some form of competition, for the players to compete in, a skills and best athlete & team award. make it a safe event, throw some money in as an award for the players & teams

I also recommend following Essendon, it's a 12 month a year thing, always something happening!

Speak of the devil, we have a big clash today!

Absolutely stupid response
Thanks for your positive contribution.

Apparently they are elite runners, yet they when their running ability was needed most, they were over run at home by a team who finished lower than them on the ladder, and subsequently ended their season. It's another Freo myth, like master coach Lyon.

Apparently they are elite runners, yet they when their running ability was needed most, they were over run at home by a team who finished lower than them on the ladder, and subsequently ended their season. It's another Freo myth, like master coach Lyon.
Biggest tosser on bigfooty by a long way.

Yep because your contribution was positive...
I thought the myth was the master coach Brad Scott and just not having the right list to excel. One thing Freo has over North is heart and the ability to have a crack. I'd rather that over a team full of soft elite runners any day

They could train for the next season in privacy. Therefore not turning the league into cringe worthy circus events.

Travelled to Melbourne for the Sydney FC match.......had a walk around the Melbourne Park precinct on the Sunday.......I don't think there's too much privacy with Collingwood, Richmond and Melbourne training just to name 3 clubs.

148847-004-475D2789.jpg

It's no

r-NFL-FOOTBALL-large570.jpg

After trade week, the drafts, and the obligatory annual Saints incident, nothing really happens from Dec to Feb when the pre-season comp starts. So what are some ideas the AFL could look at to keep fans interested and engaged in the off season?

Here's an idea:
Every club does time trials, say 2km, or running the Tan (for Vic clubs). So why not have an AFL wide time trial event in January where say clubs send their 3 best runners to compete against other teams. Every club is doing time trials anyway so why not make it interesting and give the fans something to watch in the quiet months.

What are some other ideas?
Sounds very exciting - I for one would love to watch footy players run around in 35 degree heat!

Actually - no I wouldn't

We don't need footy 24/7 for 12 months of the year. The offseason is full of enough boring football events, no need to add another.

Beach, family, home, wine, beer, food and music will fill in more than enough time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep because your contribution was positive...
I thought the myth was the master coach Brad Scott and just not having the right list to excel. One thing Freo has over North is heart and the ability to have a crack. I'd rather that over a team full of soft elite runners any day
You're either trolling or have the IQ of a garden gnome.

I really admired how Freo had more heart and ability than North, when they lost 2 finals and limped out in straight sets.

Let's just enjoy what heart and ability, the Fremantle style, has delivered:
33943d1355091223-trophy-case-udu2ny02ntkunjqxoa-.jpg

Sounds very exciting - I for one would love to watch footy players run around in 35 degree heat!

Actually - no I wouldn't

We don't need footy 24/7 for 12 months of the year. The offseason is full of enough boring football events, no need to add another.

Beach, family, home, wine, beer, food and music will fill in more than enough time
I guarantee that if the AFL put on such an event, people would watch it, both live at the event, and on TV.

I guarantee that if the AFL put on such an event, people would watch it, both live at the event, and on TV.
You may be right - but there wouldn't be enough people IMO to cover the cost of such an event to make it commercially viable - hence why the AFL haven't and won't do it.

There struggling to keep interest in an Aus v Ire series let alone an event with clubs training together.

It's still a no from me.

There is no way I will waste my time watching such garbage.

You may be right - but there wouldn't be enough people IMO to cover the cost of such an event to make it commercially viable - hence why the AFL haven't and won't do it.

There struggling to keep interest in an Aus v Ire series let alone an event with clubs training together.

It's still a no from me.
Odd comment. The best players and coaches committed to it and played this year, and the game sold out in days.

Odd comment. The best players and coaches committed to it and played this year, and the game sold out in days.
Odd comment.

Really? I thought Patterson Standium held close to 44,000 people and correct me if I'm wrong but 38,000 odd attended. Close, but still a little short so how was it sold out in days.

And considering the test series is usually over 3 games, reducing it to one and playing it in Perth is hardly going gang busters.

But yeah - The international series has all football supporters as excited as they've ever been!

Still a no from me.

You're either trolling or have the IQ of a garden gnome.

I really admired how Freo had more heart and ability than North, when they lost 2 finals and limped out in straight sets.

Let's just enjoy what heart and ability, the Fremantle style, has delivered:
33943d1355091223-trophy-case-udu2ny02ntkunjqxoa-.jpg
So how'd that heart go for North? The team that got absolutely embarrassed in the prelim. I wouldn't start bagging out Freo for not winning a flag in the 20 years they have been in the comp either, when it took North 50 to win their first one

Remove this Banner Ad

Back