Social Off Topic Thread - House of Dastardly Crax

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. It is.

Move to Vic. Come to more meet ups. :thumbsu:
:(

You Vics love ribbing SA. Problem is, I like the place, but being a Vic expat, I don't fit in over here either. Maybe I'll move to Bordertown, then I can enjoy the best of both worlds. :rolleyes:

I do miss watching live footy, and now with the advent of meet-ups, I'm really missing out. I'll be back in July/August next year though, hopefully you'll be able to make it down the highway! :)

You Vics love ribbing SA. Problem is, I like the place, but being a Vic expat, I don't fit in over here either. Maybe I'll move to Bordertown, then I can enjoy the best of both worlds. :rolleyes:

I do miss watching live footy, and now with the advent of meet-ups, I'm really missing out. I'll be back in July/August next year though, hopefully you'll be able to make it down the highway! :)

Oh yeah if I dont have the ****ing flu this time, I'll be there.

FML, that was the worst 2 weeks ever...

West End is s**t.

The only part of Adelaide I like is Glenelg beach.
West End is junk. Glenelg is nice, but there are plenty of great beaches in Adelaide. Glenelg is the Bondi of Adelaide. Every out-of-towner must go to Glenelg before any other beach.

Should've said Glenelg + the beach there as I agree with you.

Most times I've been to Adelaide I have stayed in Glenelg, but I haven't been for years. Might head over after Christmas this year and (pending fixture) check out the new stadium next year.

Gotta love it when you get a call from a friend on a lovely Sunday afternoon and they ask: "Do you want to come around for a BBQ?" and the answer is always yes. It did take me nearly an hour to get there (Springvale) but it was worth it.

Beers, burgers, sausages and I helped him with his coilover suspension.:)
Aah- a working BBQ? They're the best!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alright I'm up late, it's half time and Everton are 2-1 up against Burnley :)

So I thought I'd provide some entertainment with a couple of jokes:
people are like teeth
the whiter the better

I rode a bike over some black ice once.
I slipped and fell off, and when I looked up, my bike was gone.

Yes promises to be interesting. Flying over Friday afternoon, then back on Cup day.

Cool enjoy, hope the weather is nicer than what it is right now. :confused:

Lol, actually **** it, hope it is like this on Cup Day. Fecken hilarious to watch on TV.

Eh I dont care who supports who. Have great friends of all shapes, sizes and football teams.

If they attempt to "rub it in" aka footy, just laugh and make a joke. It shows you aren't affected by their words (even if you are) just bag Geelong worse back at them (even if you dont mean it), they'll get sick of it and disappointed they didnt wind you up.

I reckon that works pretty well.
A friend's hubby is a Carlton fan + he always gives me a hard time about Geelong - not the team they used to be, Geelong won't make finals this year blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. In 2011 he said it'd be a Carlton -v- Collingwood GF lol Even when we beat Pies by that huge score, he said Geelong won't make GF. So when we won I didn't say anything. Next season he's sticking it to me again + the next year blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. Last year he was crapping on about how we were bundled out of finals + I'd had enough, so I said laughing, you're always crapping on about Geelong, every year you say we'll slip down the ladder, tell me, how have your Blues done in the last four years? Silence. I then said, "Anyway, you're right about Geelong slipping down the ladder, we finished second last year + third, but actually equal first, this year!" Silence! I can't bear people who dish it out but can't hack it when it's dished back!

A friend's hubby is a Carlton fan + he always gives me a hard time about Geelong - not the team they used to be, Geelong won't make finals this year blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. In 2011 he said it'd be a Carlton -v- Collingwood GF lol Even when we beat Pies by that huge score, he said Geelong won't make GF. So when we won I didn't say anything. Next season he's sticking it to me again + the next year blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. Last year he was crapping on about how we were bundled out of finals + I'd had enough, so I said laughing, you're always crapping on about Geelong, every year you say we'll slip down the ladder, tell me, how have your Blues done in the last four years? Silence. I then said, "Anyway, you're right about Geelong slipping down the ladder, we finished second last year + third, but actually equal first, this year!" Silence! I can't bear people who dish it out but can't hack it when it's dished back!

Eh its just so silly. It's okay when its fun and not mean -like the banter between AP and myself- but jesus christ- yeah it's you're/our fault our football team didnt win.

And also, what shame is there in losing anyway ffs?? There is no shame. There's shame in stuff like cheating, etc. Not losing. What a dick.

Woo that wild weather this morning put me in good spirits :thumbsu:

I've had bugger all sleep due to the weather and neighbour's dog barking at it, lightning and thunder right above my head made the idiot in the next lane swerve and nearly hit my car, got drenched dropping my car off at Bob Jane T-Marts, 1 hour delay for a train and I gave my seat up for the elderly meaning I was crammed to the door with the other muppets jumping on at other stations.

Those bloody bu**ary Vics love ribbing every other state! I love Victoria + I love SA, Adelaide is gorgeous! Melbourne best city in Australia, but I'm from Sydney, so I REALLY DO KNOW!!! Funny how you say you don't feel you fit in over there SC, any chance you could move back to Vic?
I've just moved from Sydney to the Central Coast, Copacabana *cue Barry Manilow* + I am astonished at the difference from Sydney.
Everyone I meet, when I tell them I've just moved here, say "Welcome to Copa!" with a huge smile. The people are so warm, friendly + relaxed, it's the opposite of Sydney!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back