Social Off Topic Thread - House of Dastardly Crax

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They also talk funny in SA:p.
You're right! They definitely have a different accent to NSW + Vic peeps lol So do some Qld'rs, have you noticed? + WA people also talk funny lol Don't know about NT ??? + ACT peeps are just weird in general :oops: Shocking drivers too! :rolleyes:

No one talks to anyone in Sydney. If you walk along the street + smile at someone they give you the horror look, while thinking "She's a nutcase!" + then they scowl. + God forbid if you should speak to someone when you're in line for a coffee or the checkout at the supermarket! Absolute + utter horrors!!! + don't get me started on the drivers from the Eastern Suburbs in Sydney! FFS!!! Completely different road rules once you drive east of Kings Cross + the further you head to the coast the worse the driving!

Rule 1: European 4WD have right of way, no matter what! Even if they're at a red light, give way or stop - European 4WD's don't have to give way!
Rule 2: European cars are second in line to European 4WD's + have right of way priority to Australian, Asian, American cars! European cars only have to give way to European 4WD's!
Rule 3: All cars parking must take up 2.5+ car spaces, never park close to another car - preferably make sure that the space at the front + back of you car is only just enough so the tiniest car can't park.
Rule 4: Indicating is for losers - other drivers need to do the mind reading course!
Rule 5: Always talk on your mobile phone, which you hold between your cheek + your shoulder!
Rule 6: Always turn around + speak to the passengers in the back seat, no need to watch the road, other drivers can deal with it!
Rule 7: When stopped at a red light, put your right turn indicator on, once the light has turned green.
Rule 8: Drive at 20km while you search for the numbers of the houses in the street, breaking but then speeding up when the car behind tries to overtake you!

It's true. It's because the water tastes funny. It does weird s**t to the tongue. It took me five years to finally get used to the taste of the water.
We have desalinated water in Sydney + it tastes like sh!t!!!

You're right. We have to be absolutely on top of our game to win in Adelaide. We have a shocking record over here. Having said that, our record in Adelaide is better than either SA side's record in against us at KP.

I am 2-1 so far for my interstate record.
Have seen 2 wins in Sydney and 1 loss in Perth (only 7 points too).

Wish I had a purrfect record, oh well. Plus it's a lot of money to go interstate just for the footy. Just dont really want to spend that much on one round. Really it's more than what you would spend on a membership!!!

I am 2-1 so far for my interstate record.
Have seen 2 wins in Sydney and 1 loss in Perth (only 7 points too).

Wish I had a purrfect record, oh well. Plus it's a lot of money to go interstate just for the footy. Just dont really want to spend that much on one round. Really it's more than what you would spend on a membership!!!
Fair enough. It depends on which way you want to look at it. If you look at it only as going to the footy, then sure, the cost will not reflect good value. If you look at it as having a weekend (or longer) away interstate AND you throw a footy match in as a sweetener, it becomes a lot more appealing. But if heading off interstate to a random city isn't your thing then I can get why doing it and going to the footy might not float your boat.

Fair enough. It depends on which way you want to look at it. If you look at it only as going to the footy, then sure, the cost will not reflect good value. If you look at it as having a weekend (or longer) away interstate AND you throw a footy match in as a sweetener, it becomes a lot more appealing. But if heading off interstate to a random city isn't your thing then I can get why doing it and going to the footy might not float your boat.

That's what I did for the Perth game :)

But the Sydney ones were purely for the footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're right! They definitely have a different accent to NSW + Vic peeps lol So do some Qld'rs, have you noticed? + WA people also talk funny lol Don't know about NT ??? + ACT peeps are just weird in general :oops: Shocking drivers too! :rolleyes:

No one talks to anyone in Sydney. If you walk along the street + smile at someone they give you the horror look, while thinking "She's a nutcase!" + then they scowl. + God forbid if you should speak to someone when you're in line for a coffee or the checkout at the supermarket! Absolute + utter horrors!!! + don't get me started on the drivers from the Eastern Suburbs in Sydney! FFS!!! Completely different road rules once you drive east of Kings Cross + the further you head to the coast the worse the driving!

Rule 1: European 4WD have right of way, no matter what! Even if they're at a red light, give way or stop - European 4WD's don't have to give way!
Rule 2: European cars are second in line to European 4WD's + have right of way priority to Australian, Asian, American cars! European cars only have to give way to European 4WD's!
Rule 3: All cars parking must take up 2.5+ car spaces, never park close to another car - preferably make sure that the space at the front + back of you car is only just enough so the tiniest car can't park.
Rule 4: Indicating is for losers - other drivers need to do the mind reading course!
Rule 5: Always talk on your mobile phone, which you hold between your cheek + your shoulder!
Rule 6: Always turn around + speak to the passengers in the back seat, no need to watch the road, other drivers can deal with it!
Rule 7: When stopped at a red light, put your right turn indicator on, once the light has turned green.
Rule 8: Drive at 20km while you search for the numbers of the houses in the street, breaking but then speeding up when the car behind tries to overtake you!
Whaddya mean "WA people talk funny"?! I'll have you know it's the Aussies on the EAST coast who talk all weird!
FNQ people have a real long drawl, also I've found that my SA rellies drawl compared to WA people or eastern staters living further north.

Over here, it's a well known fact that WA drivers are the worst drivers in Australia- as judged by those drivers who are perfect and not born in WA, of course.

As for drivers of European cars- I've found that most of those cars do not have indicators installed, so you can't really blame the drivers.. :rolleyes:

This is how I drive a European car:

Drive...brrmmm.... err, sorry, you're meant to notice that my wipers are going flat out. That means that I'm turning either left or right. It's probably a good idea that you just stop and wait for me- sometimes I'm not exactly sure which way I'm turning until I've almost completed the turn.

Top 3 worst drivers of European cars:
1. BMW drivers
2. Audi drivers
3. Merc drivers.

Nah screw going to Adelaide, we'll only lose.
I went to the Adelaide game last year + we were winning all the way, my Crows' friends told me I'd be walking home to their place + Crows made a come back - we lost :( :cry:

I'll be in Adelaide next weekend actually. Should be good.
Partridge, you should invite yourself to meet SC + have a Coopers or 12 ;) SC is the best guy, couldn't meet anyone friendlier. I'm working on adopting him ;)

Woo that wild weather this morning put me in good spirits :thumbsu:

I've had bugger all sleep due to the weather and neighbour's dog barking at it, lightning and thunder right above my head made the idiot in the next lane swerve and nearly hit my car, got drenched dropping my car off at Bob Jane T-Marts, 1 hour delay for a train and I gave my seat up for the elderly meaning I was crammed to the door with the other muppets jumping on at other stations.
You are a gorgeousness giving up your seat for the elderly :hearts:

It's true. It's because the water tastes funny. It does weird s**t to the tongue. It took me five years to finally get used to the taste of the water.
Makes your tongue grow fur???
I've drunk SA water and it hasn't been too bad. Might've improved since those terrible stories of the 80s, though.
Don't know how I'll cope with moving back to suburbia next year after 10 years on pure rainwater. :( I guess I'll get used to the taste of chlorine.

Whaddya mean "WA people talk funny"?! I'll have you know it's the Aussies on the EAST coast who talk all weird!
FNQ people have a real long drawl, also I've found that my SA rellies drawl compared to WA people or eastern staters living further north.

Over here, it's a well known fact that WA drivers are the worst drivers in Australia- as judged by those drivers who are perfect and not born in WA, of course.

As for drivers of European cars- I've found that most of those cars do not have indicators installed, so you can't really blame the drivers.. :rolleyes:

This is how I drive a European car:

Drive...brrmmm.... err, sorry, you're meant to notice that my wipers are going flat out. That means that I'm turning either left or right. It's probably a good idea that you just stop and wait for me- sometimes I'm not exactly sure which way I'm turning until I've almost completed the turn.

Top 3 worst drivers of European cars:
1. BMW drivers
2. Audi drivers
3. Merc drivers.
Ha! I'll have you know that people often ask me if I'm English, cause I talk so good ;) + I had an American client, from Newport, Rhode Island, who used to telephone me just to hear me speak lol He said I sounded just like Nicole Kidman, which horrified me because she grew up on the Dark Side of Sydney :eek:

I noticed a huge difference when I bought my German 4WD in January driving around the Eastern Suburbs in Sydney, suddenly everyone gave way to me, it was hilarious!

I think the worst drivers are:
1. Volvo drivers
2. Honda drivers
3. Lexus drivers

But now I have my German 4WD I don't give a flying fig ;) :p :D Everyone gets out of my way! WooHoo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back