Goodo73

Premium Platinum
Apr 13, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
LA Lakers
I recently bought Office 365 Personal and I'm having problems when it comes to starting up Word. I was running the OEM version of Word Starter 2010 that came with the laptop, and had no issues. Now when I either try to start Word 2013, or open a Word doco from Windows Explorer (without Word started), it takes 4-5 minutes just for the initial Word dialog panel to appear. If I've selected a file to open it takes another 1-2 minutes to appear. Doesn't seem to make a difference if it's a .doc or .docx file.

I've tried Google (incl. Microsoft) and have found some suggested fixes (re-create normal.dotm; unselect 'send to bluetooth' add-in), but none have worked.

Anyone got any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

** Excel and Outlook don't have any issues, but based on a quick look, Powerpoint seems to suffer the same problem as Word **

Resolved. Was an issue with the install file. It 'only' took 10 hours, finishing at 4.30am, in a live chat with one of Microsoft's Answer Techs. I say one tech, but I actually dealt with four of them. Ended up having Office uninstalled and re-installed about 5 times!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back