HF: R.Jones, Staker, Stenglein
F: Sampi, Lynch, Chick
FOLL: Cox, Judd, Kerr
I/C: B.Jones, Seaby, Selwood, Wooden
EMG: Cousins, Hansen, LeCras
IN: Kerr
OUT: Waters (suspended)
NEW: -

Suprised Crowley got dropped but I guess Walker is preferred to tag Judd than Crowley because of pace. Dodd on Embley.

If Longmuir doesn't play, then Crowley in to tag Kerr or Cousins (whichever of the two play, doubt both will).

Kenny_01 said:
Suprised Crowley got dropped but I guess Walker is preferred to tag Judd than Crowley because of pace. Dodd on Embley.

If Longmuir doesn't play, then Crowley in to tag Kerr or Cousins (whichever of the two play, doubt both will).

Sorry, how did Walker go on Judd in Round 20 last year? Yes, he has great pace.

No my friend, Crowley got dropped because someone would have dropped him on the field. I hope he plays though.

Dodd on Embley bwahahahahahaha !!! Good luck - may as well bring Phil Gilbert back in the team.

Dodd has been very effective on Embley. Has kept him kickless in a half before.

Cousins will play, he has been named as an emergency.

If we go in as named we will be playing far too tall, rain is expected sat morning. We need a smaller running side to combat West Coast.

I would be suprised if Longmuir plays.

Kenny how did peake get a gig as an emergency?, I didn't think he was named,although I reckon we could do with his pace. Dropping crowley is a no brainer, we need the tough players in there.

message from a mate, Eagles are expecting these late changes:

OUT: Longmuir, Hasleby
IN: Crowley and possibly Gilmore (with a view to Johnson rucking more) or Cook.

Looks like both teams are playing around,maybe peake and crowley in for murphy and walker.cousins said he would be right last week but they waited one more.
Wasn't murphy a ff when drafted why dont they play him there?

hopefully dries up in the afternoon we might see crowley in coz who will play on kerr maybe josh carr to tag him?>

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id be staggered if Jimmy Walker plays, hasnt exactly been setting it alight down at Peel. Won't be at Freo next year.

Lach72 said:
I will be very surprised if Crowley is not out there with the big anchor on on game day...Surely Peake can get a game this week??

I think the reason Peake has been playing WAFL is for him to improve "inside" facets of his game plus the fact the last couple of weeks we have gone in with a defensive midfield approach, i reckon we'll go in with a similar style this week.

Listened to Robert Shaw on ABC NW radio this afternoon and he reckons that if people are performing in the WAFL they will get a game.

He said Medders wasn't necessarialy bad last week, it was just the others had put their hands up.

We have waited years to have enough depth for this.
Keeps the pressure on all in the team IMO.

RIPPER_46 said:
Listened to Robert Shaw on ABC NW radio this afternoon and he reckons that if people are performing in the WAFL they will get a game.

He said Medders wasn't necessarialy bad last week, it was just the others had put their hands up.

We have waited years to have enough depth for this.
Keeps the pressure on all in the team IMO.
It's time for Medhurst to give the 9 fingered man a bath!!!!

Kenny_01 said:
OUT: McManus (hamstring), Farmer (suspended), Cook, Crowley, Gilmore

Crazy stuff.

It's no co-incidence that St Kilda's skills looked 3rd rate. The pressure that we were putting on them was first rate, and I put that down to the presence of one T.Cook and the flow on effect on other guys like Crowley, Josh Carr and Dodd. When Cookie goes in there with no consideration for his own health it sets the example. With McManus out as well, we're looking like a team of girls blouses.

I'm sad to say it, but unless Sandilands has a blinder I reckon we're going to get smashed. You can't beat the Eagles with a marshmallow soft team.

Rob said:
Crazy stuff.

It's no co-incidence that St Kilda's skills looked 3rd rate. The pressure that we were putting on them was first rate, and I put that down to the presence of one T.Cook and the flow on effect on other guys like Crowley, Josh Carr and Dodd. When Cookie goes in there with no consideration for his own health it sets the example. With McManus out as well, we're looking like a team of girls blouses.

I'm sad to say it, but unless Sandilands has a blinder I reckon we're going to get smashed. You can't beat the Eagles with a marshmallow soft team.

Broadbridge is midfield coach hence the fact Cook is so far down the pecking order, doesnt rate Cookie.

If JLo doesn't play then Murphy has to stay in, and Johnson has to be the back up ruckman. I know Johnson has been playing well down back, but the game is won and lost in the middle. If we aren't winning the clearances with Sandilands in the ruck, we might aswell play Johnson in there for 3 x 15 minutes. Atleast he'll be able to go with Cox around the ground. If Johnson is in the ruck that leaves us short down back, hence the need for Murphy (especially since Parker is struggling).

My starting 18, just to spring a few surprises.

B- Schammer Grover Murphy
HB- Mundy McPharlin Thornton
C- Dodd Pavlich Black
HF- Headland Polak Crowley
F- Bell Sandilands Medhurst
Ruck- Johnson J.Carr Cook

Plenty of run in that backline.
After 5-10 minutes Pav goes to full forward and Sandi into the ruck.

Rob said:
Crazy stuff.

Are you joking.... Cook was shocking. There was 1 possesion where he made like 3 good tackles but other than that, rushed all his disposals, dropped a couple of marks and was so slow in stoppages allowing easy clearances for the Saints.

crowley might still play depending on haselbys injury as for murphy why do we keep playing him inthe backline since he has been groomed sicne his childhood days to be a forward send elvis back if need be give us the run.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back