Official Changes

Remove this Banner Ad

catempire said:
In: King, Tenace
Out: S. Johnson, Blake
happy with that especially the tenace in. fair enough that blake needs game time and given time to develop and all that but not this week I am afraid. the season is on the line and he would be a liablity to the team if he was to be out there this week.

Backs: D. Wojcinski M. Scarlett J. Hunt
Half Backs: T. Callan C. Mooney M. Egan
Centre: C. Enright J. Bartel A. Mackie
Half Forwards: G. Ablett D. Milburn J. Kelly
Forwards: B. Ottens N. Ablett P. Chapman
Followers: S. King, J. Corey, C. Ling
Interchange: S. Byrnes, M. Stokes, M. Spencer, K. Tenace
Emergency: M. Blake, T. Lonergan, N. Batchelor

King will play. He has been rested 3 weeks for a 1 week injury and the chance of a weeks rest after this game with the bye. So Bomber will play him no doubt in my mind. Did this last week naming Milburn at CHF, he must think we are silly.

glad he has left nathan ablett in the team..

needs to be lefted in and tried for the rest of the year.

hope he does something this weekend though :S

otherwise i cant really argue with the changes... except blake was a bit stiff...

good to bring in the turbo tenace.. added pace with mackie, byrnes, stokes and wojinksi will be a plus for the cats!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GeeCat said:
Blake, along with Batchelor and Lonergan.

Gamble one week, Batchelor the next. Are they sending a message that there are spots available for good VFL form or we struggling that badly there is no one actually performing in the VFL to be named emergencies? Obviously they don't want to give the wrong idea to the players they have dropped, Kingsley and Playfair. From the reports I've read on cats claw and on here neither Batchelor or Gamble have done much in the two's.

Im not convinced Spencer will cut it at AFL. Havent been impressed so far. Would like to have seen Blake play so he can share the ruck duties 50/50 with King. This would allow us to leave Ottens in the forward line.

kriso182 said:
Im not convinced Spencer will cut it at AFL. Havent been impressed so far. Would like to have seen Blake play so he can share the ruck duties 50/50 with King. This would allow us to leave Ottens in the forward line.

Your basing this on the 4 quarters of AFL football that he has played so far. It humours me how people are willing to right him off after only one game of senior footy.

Would you like me to post Scarletts stats of his first 10 games???

Blake a little stiff to miss out, but I guess they had to roll the dice with King and just hope he makes it through the game, given that their chances of beating Adelaide in two weeks time appear next to nil, a loss tomorrow will see their very slim chances of figuring in September action disappear altogether.

Another poster stated he/she was glad to see Nathan Ablett kept in the side, I agree, but not in the key position of full forward, which he's just not ready for at the moment.
We've been crying out for someone to play that position all year, yet it appears to me the answer has been there all along in the form of Cameron Ling, a player with great football smarts, and a background of playing full forward, why he hasn't been tried there bewilders me, especially as he's been struggling to find his best form this year in the midfield.

With Ling full forward and Nathan in the pocket it would take a lot of the pressure off the kid and give him a better chance to establish himself.

Also would like seeing Hunt playing forward, he wouldn't need a lot of opportunities to do some serious damage given his kicking abilities.

Cattery said:
Blake a little stiff to miss out, but I guess they had to roll the dice with King and just hope he makes it through the game, given that their chances of beating Adelaide in two weeks time appear next to nil, a loss tomorrow will see their very slim chances of figuring in September action disappear altogether.

Another poster stated he/she was glad to see Nathan Ablett kept in the side, I agree, but not in the key position of full forward, which he's just not ready for at the moment.
We've been crying out for someone to play that position all year, yet it appears to me the answer has been there all along in the form of Cameron Ling, a player with great football smarts, and a background of playing full forward, why he hasn't been tried there bewilders me, especially as he's been struggling to find his best form this year in the midfield.

With Ling full forward and Nathan in the pocket it would take a lot of the pressure off the kid and give him a better chance to establish himself.

Also would like seeing Hunt playing forward, he wouldn't need a lot of opportunities to do some serious damage given his kicking abilities.

Agreed...I wouldn't mind seeing Hunt pushed up the ground a bit. I worry having him on the last line.

Cattery said:

Those are some pretty interesting ideas...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back