Official Essendon EPL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't think you will find many people that agree with you on this one Ben.

Cesc is young and will be a gun for many years no doubt, but right now there isn't much doubt Gerrard is the better player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha have we got an Evertonian here or does everyone in Merseyside hate Liverpool?:D

Please note that Southport , my hometown , though only about 15 miles north of Liverpoo , is in fact in the county of Lancashire not Merseyside . As for my support , up until last season I had 2 season tickets at Goodison , until I was finally priced out of the Greed is Good League ( otherwise known as the Premiership ) . I now go to watch my local non league side Southport , a "mere" 5 Divisions below :D .

For those of you who live in Australia , Liverpoo fans are our equivalent of Collingwood supporters . Low life , pond dwellers . They fall into 2 distinct categories ;
1) the Scouser - a local fan , probably never had a job , whose hobbies include theft , burglary , theft , tax evasion , theft , benefit fraud , theft and ...erm....theft .
2) the Glory Hunter - usually from Devon , Ireland or Scandinavia , the Glory Hunter jumped on the Liverpoo bandwagon in the 70's and 80's . This muppet will claim some spurious family link to the city in order to justify his shameful bandwagon jumping tendencies .

Obviously as Essendon fans , you show remarkably good taste in choosing your footie teams , please don't let your reputation be besmirched by following the wrong soccer club .

Please note that Southport , my hometown , though only about 15 miles north of Liverpoo , is in fact in the county of Lancashire not Merseyside . As for my support , up until last season I had 2 season tickets at Goodison , until I was finally priced out of the Greed is Good League ( otherwise known as the Premiership ) . I now go to watch my local non league side Southport , a "mere" 5 Divisions below :D .

For those of you who live in Australia , Liverpoo fans are our equivalent of Collingwood supporters . Low life , pond dwellers . They fall into 2 distinct categories ;
1) the Scouser - a local fan , probably never had a job , whose hobbies include theft , burglary , theft , tax evasion , theft , benefit fraud , theft and ...erm....theft .
2) the Glory Hunter - usually from Devon , Ireland or Scandinavia , the Glory Hunter jumped on the Liverpoo bandwagon in the 70's and 80's . This muppet will claim some spurious family link to the city in order to justify his shameful bandwagon jumping tendencies .

Obviously as Essendon fans , you show remarkably good taste in choosing your footie teams , please don't let your reputation be besmirched by following the wrong soccer club .

I do apologise. I've always assumed it was part of Merseyside.:p Shame about the price hikes though but hey atleast the your local is getting some more support.:thumbsu:

I love your description of the bin dippers haha. You'll be surprised how well versed a lot of us Aussie are regarding the Premiership. It's absolutely massive here.

I do apologise. I've always assumed it was part of Merseyside.:p Shame about the price hikes though but hey atleast the your local is getting some more support.:thumbsu:

I love your description of the bin dippers haha. You'll be surprised how well versed a lot of us Aussie are regarding the Premiership. It's absolutely massive here.

Apology accepted :D , we can get a bit touchy about being thought of as Scousers , not surprising really , would YOU want to be a Scouser :eek: ?

The Greed is Good Premiership is popular everywhere , it does seem to be trying to takeover the world . I'm actually enjoying watching my local non league side . The quality isn't there , but at least the players ( all part timers ) give 100% , you can chat with them after the game , the atmosphere / stewarding is more relaxed , my son and I can get in for a mere £11 ( about $22 ) , I feel a part of the club , not just a paying consumer to be fleeced .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back