Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea
Derby, Sunderland, Fulham
Liverpool
Kalou
Torres, Tevez, Shev, da Silva, Owen

Stuff Man U sigining Viduka. Berbatov should've been signed way before Tevez. Too much stuff behind the scenes with that. Let's just hope he fires without Rooney.

Title is still gonna be on it's way back to Old Trafford for number 10 come May. Glory, Glory

Stuff Man U sigining Viduka. Berbatov should've been signed way before Tevez. Too much stuff behind the scenes with that. Let's just hope he fires without Rooney.

Title is still gonna be on it's way back to Old Trafford for number 10 come May. Glory, Glory

Bit hard when Berbetov wanted to help Tottenham (dunno why :p) crack the top four, seems like a loyal bloke.

Tevez was at a small club and wanted Champions League football. He's all class, might just need a couple games to settle in and improve fitness.

Another draw is dissapointing this morning as we dominated again, but it is a long season, 36 games to go still.

Thrown in the towel have we? Very uncharacterisitc for the Man Utd superiority complex we've grown to admire and loath. ;)

Nah, I just think Chelsea have strengthened in the right places and they'll be a little more consistent. I reckon we might drop points like the Reading game when we dominate but don't have a big striker as another avenue.

I was happy with our signings but Saha's constant injury problems will rob us of a big man forward.

Should have kept Smith and got rid of Fletcher.

Fletcher is the Bolton of Man U. :D

Go Arsenal!!!!! i think Everton will be the suprise package this year! Another thing i want to bring up is injuries in the premier league. They seem to happen very frequently during rounds.

Just had a thought. Without Rooney and Ronaldo for their next fixture, could find themselves with only 2 points from their opening 3 matches.

Nah, I just think Chelsea have strengthened in the right places and they'll be a little more consistent. I reckon we might drop points like the Reading game when we dominate but don't have a big striker as another avenue.

I was happy with our signings but Saha's constant injury problems will rob us of a big man forward.

Should have kept Smith and got rid of Fletcher.

Fletcher is the Bolton of Man U. :D

Only place Chelsea have strengthened is having Cech back. A massive in for them.
What is all this big striker rubbish? Since when have we ever had a big(size) striker? Ruud was quite tall but we never played the long ball to him, he was more a fox in the box. We just do not play the style of football(long ball) that requires a big striker. Can't wait til we get that giant Saha back. Maybe you should take your negativity elsewhere, and the only Bolton that should be mentioned on this thread is the club, leave the bloke alone!

Only place Chelsea have strengthened is having Cech back. A massive in for them.
What is all this big striker rubbish? Since when have we ever had a big(size) striker? Ruud was quite tall but we never played the long ball to him, he was more a fox in the box. We just do not play the style of football(long ball) that requires a big striker. Can't wait til we get that giant Saha back. Maybe you should take your negativity elsewhere, and the only Bolton that should be mentioned on this thread is the club, leave the bloke alone!

Man U has always had a big man that can change up the game plan.. Van Nistelrooy, Saha, Smith, Sheringham, Hughes, Cole, Yorke.... while some are not traditional big men all had the ability to play that role or give the team a different dynamic.

Tevez and Rooney do not and with Saha constantly injured reinforcements are needed.

Tevez played mostly midfield for West Ham last year.

Chelsea have bought Pizarro, Malouda, Haim and are looking at Alves to cover their weak areas.

Sidwell and Malouda were great signings for Chelsea. Insurance against over relying on Lampard and Essien to feed Drogba and Kalou.

In fact, if Man Utd, Liverpool & Arsenal had any idea, they wouldve poached more from Reading. Workmen, honest and tough players who work for one another. No showboating, just good honest footballers.

Agree in regards to Ruud though. Always regarded him was a cherry picker with Scholes and Giggs providing him his salary each week.

Sidwell and Malouda were great signings for Chelsea. Insurance against over relying on Lampard and Essien to feed Drogba and Kalou.

In fact, if Man Utd, Liverpool & Arsenal had any idea, they wouldve poached more from Reading. Workmen, honest and tough players who work for one another. No showboating, just good honest footballers.

Agree in regards to Ruud though. Always regarded him was a cherry picker with Scholes and Giggs providing him his salary each week.

Yeah, Ruud wasn't very flexible. The reason SAF sold him was because too much of the play went through him and we became too predictable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EPL midweek results:

Tuesday 14th August 2007
Tottenham Hotspur 1-3 Everton
Wednesday 15th August 2007
Fulham 2-1 Bolton Wanderers
Portsmouth 1-1 Manchester United
Birmingham City 2-2 Sunderland
Manchester City 1-0 Derby County
Reading 1-2 Chelsea
Wigan Athletic 1-0 Middlesbrough

Yeah, Ruud wasn't very flexible. The reason SAF sold him was because too much of the play went through him and we became too predictable.

Could probably do with him at the minute. Stocks looking a little thin up front for Man Utd.

Unfortunately, you are right.

Saha and Ronaldo are back soon, that will improve us a bit.

Luckily, only playing Sunderland this weekend. I think Ronaldo is suspended until Sept 2nd, which rules him out of this game being on Sept. 1st.

Luckily, only playing Sunderland this weekend. I think Ronaldo is suspended until Sept 2nd, which rules him out of this game being on Sept. 1st.

Yeah, he has one more game to go, I think Saha and Anderson may feature at some stage this weekend. If we can't win we have some problems, Luton Town I think it was knocked them out of the League Cup 3-0.

Chelsea losing 2-0...priceless. And if you dont mind Liverpool's great start/strikepower. :thumbsu:

Arsenal - Playing above expectations
Liverpool - Great start, a touch inconsistent of late
Man Utd - Slow start, starting to pump out the wins, not enough support upfront
Chelsea - lol
Tottenham - lol

Special mention to Everton - they're fantastic

Arteta, Santa Cruz, Fabregas and Torres - everything they touch turns to gold at the moment and I think they're all Spanish.

Arsenal - Playing above expectations
Liverpool - Great start, a touch inconsistent of late
Man Utd - Slow start, starting to pump out the wins, not enough support upfront
Chelsea - lol
Tottenham - lol

Special mention to Everton - they're fantastic

Arteta, Santa Cruz, Fabregas and Torres - everything they touch turns to gold at the moment and I think they're all Spanish.

I reckon we'll see more workman like wins from Man U this year. Not sure they'll blow teams apart like last year. Unless Ron lights up again.

A few apology's may be headed your way Smythey94. At least from me anyway. Gunners are playing great. Can the youngsters play out the season but?

Spanish players, great individually but rubbish collectivley!!!

I reckon we'll see more workman like wins from Man U this year. Not sure they'll blow teams apart like last year. Unless Ron lights up again.

A few apology's may be headed your way Smythey94. At least from me anyway. Gunners are playing great. Can the youngsters play out the season but?

Spanish players, great individually but rubbish collectivley!!!

From all reports, theyre doing all the team things and working hard to create chances. Not sure what you're basing that comment on. Arteta aside, they're performing well at this early stage, especially Fabregas.

I think Anderson (despite being from Portugal) from Man Utd has been the only tail light thus far.

From all reports, theyre doing all the team things and working hard to create chances. Not sure what you're basing that comment on. Arteta aside, they're performing well at this early stage, especially Fabregas.

Talking about their national side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back