Official GIANTS trade period thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate, not sure who is more credible but Herald Sun are saying GWS trade of player for pick in 20's will not happen and that GWS are done and dusted for trade week.
Ha! now saying "GWS close to a trade - scratch earlier remark"!!

These guys are just throwing darts!!!
Cordy is in with the Herald Sun (he's at the Tele), but throwing darts sounds about right...

Ian Shuttleworth@Shutts10
BREAKING: Port is doing deal with GWS ... teenager Jack Hombsch, originally from Sturt, to Power in exchange for pick 29.#AFL

Hmm interesting. He was a fringe player at best for us and his opportunities would have been limited even further next year. 29 is a nice enough pick to use on an established player also!

Just reading on Twitter/Herald Sun chat that it could be Hombsch to Port for #29.

Very unimpressed if that's the deal...

Not sure of the logic on this one... Need experienced defenders while our guys develop, of which Hombsch is right up there. Perhaps he wants to go back to SA.

Why not push for a deal centered on Hombsch + #12 for #7 and try to get Plowman?

Not happy with that. Hombsch was fullback of the year in the 2011 NEAFL team, was underused in my opinion this year. I always saw him as the running half back Andrew Mackie style. Good decision maker and rarely put a foot wrong. And aren't we trying to get defenders in? Why are we trading one of our better ones out?

AND Neade is being added to the deal? Hombsch should've been more than enough, keep Neade for another trade...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not happy with that. Hombsch was fullback of the year in the 2011 NEAFL team, was underused in my opinion this year. I always saw him as the running half back Andrew Mackie style. Good decision maker and rarely put a foot wrong. And aren't we trying to get defenders in? Why are we trading one of our better ones out?
Exactly my thoughts, we're seeking experienced defenders while our guys develop - Hombsch is first in line as far as developing defenders!

MUST turn #29 into something decent now.

Very surprised, having watched a few NEAFL games with Hombsch in it, I thought he was very impressive and was unlucky not to play a few more games.
The injury before the win over the Suns (round 7) probably three him off course a bit, missed 3 weeks there and I think he missed some of the pre-season too. He looked to have a solid middle part of the season with UWS.

Seems like it's part of a bigger trade. Surely pick 29 will be on-traded or combined with pick 12 or 14 for a lower pick?

Normally it's good to see the confirmed trade article from the Giants, spruiking x amounts of draft picks in the first round or so. But today's one made out like we 'only' had to give up Hombsch and Neade for #29. * me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back