Official Club Stuff Official: Tom Boyd officially a Bulldog for Griffen & Pick 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Just been hearing a lot of good wraps on Lism Jones and honestly negative wraps on Boyd
Sorry bud, but you've already been given the time of day previously with your outlandish questions/statements, but this one takes the cake.

Reckon Boyd and Dahl are gonna form a great partnership, can just see Boyd acting as his big brother protecting him :p should just chain him to Boyds feet next year. Really do hope he spends the majority of his time forward again, can still send him into the middle to add a bit of a spark every now and then but I want him mostly forward.

With Coons and Griff gone Dahl will spend more time forward. In saying that we should be fine with Hunter/Dickson/Honeychurch all at his feet.

There does seem to be a little bit of Jono Brown about Tom Boyd - worth noting in Brown's debut game he got donuts.

In his second season he averaged 1.5 goals per game - I'd be over the moon if Boyd can match that as a 19/20 year old.

Sorry bud, but you've already been given the time of day previously with your outlandish questions/statements, but this one takes the cake.

I said what I've heard, that's why came to Bulldogs page to get feedback on Liams as I'll admit didn't watch much of him or Tutt last few seasons. I should watch more Bulldogs games

I also said I think Tom Boyd will be better than Jones in the long term and I think will be a very good player

I said what I've heard, that's why came to Bulldogs page to get feedback on Liams as I'll admit didn't watch much of him or Tutt last few seasons. I should watch more Bulldogs games

I also said I think Tom Boyd will be better than Jones in the long term and I think will be a very good player
is this for real or some sick joke?? ......What year is it? I sit down, log on to the forum only to read a Jones and Boyd comparison.....back to bed i think

Jones will never be a very good player. He might scrape out an average career thats about it.

Just been hearing a lot of good wraps on Lism Jones and honestly negative wraps on Boyd

However i still think Boyd good signing and has a lot of upside. I'm excited for your club you managed to get the trade done, not going to make to much on the wraps that were negative regarding Boyd. Hoping Jones and Jason Tutt become good serviceable contributors for the Blues in 2015, I'm having doubts about Tutt but they say has upside

I'm excited to know that you think bringing in a number 1 draft pick whilst moving on a plodder of 5 or so years in the system is a good signing.

is this for real or some sick joke?? ......What year is it? I sit down, log on to the forum only to read a Jones and Boyd comparison.....back to bed i think

I think next year Jones and Boyd might be even in terms of output put once Boyd gets a 3rd pre-season will get fitter and stronger and be a top player. No doubt easily Boyd will be a better more dominant player long term. Number 1, 6 and Griffen deals versus a guy traded for 3rd round

all I'm saying is for say a season I expect both outputs will be similar as one guy more experienced and ready made body versus guy who is still a teenager settling in a new club but Boyd no doubt long term, I thought Bulldogs fans might agree, some might some might not

I think next year Jones and Boyd might be even in terms of output put once Boyd gets a 3rd pre-season will get fitter and stronger and be a top player. No doubt easily Boyd will be a better more dominant player long term. Number 1, 6 and Griffen deals versus a guy traded for 3rd round

all I'm saying is for say a season I expect both outputs will be similar as one guy more experienced and ready made body versus guy who is still a teenager settling in a new club but Boyd no doubt long term, I thought Bulldogs fans might agree, some might some might not
That's not all you're saying. What you said was all you're hearing is negative things about Boyd. Not from jealous carltank types by any chance? On your way young fella.

I'm excited to know that you think bringing in a number 1 draft pick whilst moving on a plodder of 5 or so years in the system is a good signing.

I'm kinda dissapointed as heard rumours blues going for Boyd after end of 2015 season but credit to Dogs. In a way its a personal war you club is having with GWS considering they have pouched guys from your club and you got one back on them

Think Blues were waiting while Dogs went straight in, again credit when its due! I know Boyd and Jesse Hogan will be guna in the future that's why kinda hoping Boyd would nominate Blues but this is business and it happens

That's not all you're saying. What you said was all you're hearing is negative things about Boyd. Not from jealous carltank types by any chance? On your way young fella.

Negative things were a guy unproven only played 9 games and given 7 year/7 mill contract

Again I said I think Boyd i expect to be a gun and long term I think will be worth every cent. Btw I don't agree with the negative wraps

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You've been listening to your Carlton mates who jump on and off people depending on what guernsey they wear.

Boyd was a demigod when Carlton fools believed he was a cert to come to them, while you can even look at the Levi Casboult to Bulldogs thread on your own board to see how s**t Casboult became when the rumours came out he was looking for a trade, only to have him suddenly become a promising future star again when he re-signed.

I understand that the Carlton board still believe that they have a hand shake agreement with Tom Boyd to come to them...in seven years. He is from a "Carlton family" after all!

I genuinely think Carlton are in the worst position of any team in the league. Have 1, maybe 2 good kids, and an ageing team that finished 13th. Massive money invested into a car wreck like daisy and a coach nearing retirement. Just delisted 3 guys they burnt first rounders on (Mclean, bootsma, Lucas). They are in genuine all sorts. Melbourne are better positioned than them.

You've been listening to your Carlton mates who jump on and off people depending on what guernsey they wear.

Boyd was a demigod when Carlton fools believed he was a cert to come to them, while you can even look at the Levi Casboult to Bulldogs thread on your own board to see how s**t Casboult became when the rumours came out he was looking for a trade, only to have him suddenly become a promising future star again when he re-signed.

I will agree, even I thought Boyd was a guaranteed signing end of 2015 season to Blues, lesson is that you never know what goes on behind the scenes unless your that players agent

Word was end of VFL Grand Final Jones was a cert sign with Dogs again can't assume things

Word was end of VFL Grand Final Jones was a cert sign with Dogs again can't assume things
No it wasn't. Not even close.

I genuinely think Carlton are in the worst position of any team in the league. Have 1, maybe 2 good kids, and an ageing team that finished 13th. Massive money invested into a car wreck like daisy and a coach nearing retirement. Just delisted 3 guys they burnt first rounders on (Mclean, bootsma, Lucas). They are in genuine all sorts. Melbourne are better positioned than them.

What do you think of signings Carlton made of Liam Jones, Jason Tutt (soon), Kristian Jaksch and Mark Whiley?
Bringing in ready made young players to replace older guys, still ok position in draft 19 and 28

I will agree, even I thought Boyd was a guaranteed signing end of 2015 season to Blues, lesson is that you never know what goes on behind the scenes unless your that players agent

There was never any word Jones was going to re-sign. He was even asked in the post-game interview and deflected the question.

Have you seen Boyd!? Jones i wouldnt necessarily say has a ready made body. He has quite a weak core and lacks upper body strength. True their outputs may be similar next year but no question who the better talent is

What do you think of signings Carlton made of Liam Jones, Jason Tutt (soon), Kristian Jaksch and Mark Whiley?
Bringing in ready made young players to replace older guys, still ok position in draft 19 and 28

Two NEAFL players, a key forward who couldn't get a game for us and Jason Tutt - who has hardly got a game for us all these years, even when we've been rebuilding.

Carlton employing the crazy vossy spud gathering theory

There was never any word Jones was going to re-sign. He was even asked in the post-game interview and deflected the question.

Ok, btw I'm not trying upset or annoy anyone just asking these question as I haven't seen enough of Boyd, Liam Jones or Jason Tutt last year. Honestly didn't see too much of Jaksch or Whiley either that's why asking the question

Sorry if coming the wrong way, can be tough when players do depart

This is a massively underrated point. Add the fact they gave Boostma (who i didn't rate anyway) the arse during the year.

i thought the trade was in GWS' favour. Dont know much about Whiley but i think adding Jacksh is similar in the additions of Tutt and Jones. bit-part players to make up numbers on the list. they all have potential though but i think keeping 7 would have been a better choice. They Jones for 46 trade was a steal though if Jones realises his potential. Just nowhere near enough talent in any of those players which isn't smart considering you finished 13th.....will be an interesting few years for the blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Back