Mega Thread Oh yeah ... did you know there are 17 other teams? - General AFL discussion #9 - Blues posters only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why aren't any of the three Irish boys playing in the international rules game?

I thought they made a statement a while ago that they wanted to concentrate on the season ahead and not play the mickey mouse game.

Do we have any boys playing? I know when MM was at WC he wasn't a big wrap for state of origin?

That may have something to do with us not having any players in the AA side this season -- apparently a prerequisite for getting a gig in the International side.
Not entirely. Any player EVER selected in AA team is eligible. Hence Dustin Fletcher, Nic Nat etc all being in the team. Meaning Judd and Murph were eligible.

Personally I'd much rather none player. Imagine one of them doing a knee in a nothing game.

Not entirely. Any player EVER selected in AA team is eligible. Hence Dustin Fletcher, Nic Nat etc all being in the team. Meaning Judd and Murph were eligible.

Personally I'd much rather none player. Imagine one of them doing a knee in a nothing game.
You mean like when Juddy did his hammy against the Dogs?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When I originally heard that we had no boys in the Aussie team I was hoping our Irish boys would play to give me an interest and to show how good they are at their original game

That I would have liked to see. Gaelic football skills at their best are sublime!

Ah well, first one dayer vs the Saffers today! Time to get immersed in the cricket, and before I know it, it will be NAB challenge time again!

Ah well, first one dayer vs the Saffers today! Time to get immersed in the cricket, and before I know it, it will be NAB challenge time again!
I am heading down to the WACA at lunch today for a few quiet beers in the members. The WACA is looking pretty lively at the moment and Mitch Johnson may cause some damage today. Plus his missus is a big blues supporter.

That I would have liked to see. Gaelic football skills at their best are sublime!

A few small wagers on the home front Biggus or is it no interest from Mrs B?

Mrs Biggus... that just doesn't sound right on so many levels:$

Just quietly neither does Mrs Blue Pulse!! :eek: :D

lol
No, she's not much into sport at all, which is rather a pity. She doesn't mind the tennis.

While I was living over there, I could wear my Wallabys jersey with impunity, though it always got a rise out of my work colleagues.
Mrs Biggus has been very flexible - about my sporting allegiances.

Last edited:
Rivals gridiron as an over-officiated mess of a sport.
It's better officiated than any other sport going really... the ref is the boss and when you have some guy who is about HBF's height dressing down some guy who is 6'10" tall... you know that the players respect the officials. Unlike soccer and, it is seeming more so, aussie rules... the officials word is final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back