Rumour Oliver to Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

The dees are in a cap mess. They have to renegotiate both the McDonalds, viney in 2020, and then Gus and Oliver as RFA AND Gawn as FA in 2021. If the cap shrinks someone gets squeezed out, but not sure they have the GWS like discipline to let viney walk to keep Oliver.

Petracca 2020 too.

Plus, I’m hearing him and Gawn don’t get along.

All points to one thing: Oliver is heading north.

The dees are in a cap mess. They have to renegotiate both the McDonalds, viney in 2020, and then Gus and Oliver as RFA AND Gawn as FA in 2021. If the cap shrinks someone gets squeezed out, but not sure they have the GWS like discipline to let viney walk to keep Oliver.

Petracca 2020 too.

First I’ve heard of this cap mess. We have room to sign another player according to the club last year after May signing. As we had room prior to May signing on. But also lost Hogan who was on 900k. Plus in 2021 Oliver will be the number one priority signing for us.
Also are you predicting free agency rules to change? Oliver won’t become RFA until end of 2023 under current rules and Gus 2022.

Petracca 2020 too.

Fine, your 2019 first and second rounders plus McCartin should get the deal done.

Oliver won't be going anywhere!

More likely they might cash in Petracca who looks to have alot of talent but could be one that never delivers consistently on it so isn't worth the money he might command elsewhere.

Gawn will be 29 when he is an FA so can't think to many clubs will throw big money/years at a ruckman who'll have alot of miles on the legs by 2021.

Gus could be the one that gets squeezed but then again he is the second most important mid fielder so perhaps Viney will be taking a haircut considering he can't kick more than 30mts

Petracca 2020 too.

So if Melbourne have cap mess than why have they said they will have money to chase another player in the off season?

Oliver and Gawn not liking each other is absolutely bullshit too

Petracca 2020 too.

Why are we re-negotiating the McDonald brothers? Tom is contracted until end of 2022 and Oscar is contracted until end of 2020. If you’re going to troll get your facts straight mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

aNOTHER YEAR, ANOTHER cLAYTON oLIVER RU

So the media create a rumour, then say it must be true because the club has shown no evidence of it.

Is this the 3rd or 4th year in a row that Oliver is leaving Melbourne??

If it's gonna make you feel better, keep thinking this

So it's now been confirmed that the media made up a story again, and the peanuts keep getting sucked in.

delusional.

plenty of evidence, including comments from teammates.

his own manager

Last edited:
delusional.

plenty of evidence, including comments from teammates.

his own manager

Normally these type of things are massively downplayed by the club, manager and teams mates.

For them to have said what they have, he must be absolutely cooked!

So it's now been confirmed that the media made up a story again, and the peanuts keep getting sucked in.
I'd say Melbourne leaked to the media. Clearly had a player with issues they couldn't seem to reign in. Hope the penny finally drops with all the media attention.

Better to have front page news when you can still control the story. In 6-12 months time that might not be the case.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back