On a roll

Remove this Banner Ad

Lyyynnnchy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
London, UK
AFL Club
West Coast
I've been going through my lifetime betting history to get my total profit/loss numbers and have come across some interesting bets, unlucky losses and some unbelievable runs.

My best run was turning $650 in to just under $6,000 in 4 weeks. There were no huge outlandish wins, though there were a few $500- $600 wins but most were just around the $100. It's a shame I can't replicate that sort of run all the time!

Has anyone had an unbelievable run where they just couldn't pick a loser?

Attachments

• BetStar.pdf
    53.4 KB · Views: 10
Swings and roundabouts and all that stuff.

Ive had plenty of days in the past of making $3k+ unfortunately though ive had more than my fair share of $3k losing days. Its not a game for the faint hearted thats for sure. My best run i think was just turning a $5 Bet365 bonus into just under $10k a few years ago over the space of about a week. That was more just having a punt on the races for fun with the free bet and it just snowballed. Worst run was just before the AFL GF last year when i lost $9k in the space of about a week and just nothing was working and couldnt buy a winner

Overall I'm about 5k down since I started betting, I'll admit it.
Hope I can rectify that eventually, haven't really been betting much at all lately though.
Most of that comes down to lack of discipline in the early days.
Most I've lost in a week would be around $500 or so, couldn't buy a winner, horses kept coming second, teams were missing the line by mere points, etc.
Most I've won in a week would be around $600 or so. around the time Melbourne upset Essendon last year.
Had money on them and most of my other footy bets came off as well.
Kept landing winners on the horses.

I've been doing paper bets this week and I'm currently $200 imaginary money in profit.

excluding bets on my own horses, best run i have had was post the Fiorente Melbourne cup. went for a bath all spring up to that race emptying the account on Fiorente then just couldn't go wrong. was hitting 80% of quaddie on the thursday, 3 horse all ups landed, hedged another all up on Lankan Rupee at 10-1, ended up nearly winning more than if Snitzerland had won anyway. Got 10-13% of the matriarch first 4 (underpaid at 12k when basically all placers $10+).

Pulled out just under 7k over the 5 days.

*just quietly, on a very solid streak right now mainly thanks to singly belmont last week. Heres hoping barakey going so bad i retired him wasn't it shattering to pieces

I was down and out Werribee Cup day about 20 years ago... had my last $5 on a running double early in the day where one of the horses won only because the jockey stuck to the rails and won by a nose in Adelaide where i picked up $300. The race before the cup i had $10 a win on Zast at $150/1, a box quinella with Sweet Salute and Sky Filou in the same race for $9 and picked up $4500 from the quinella (they ran the tri and it paid $27k but i didnt get it) and backed the next 6 winners around Australia that all paid about 20/1 where i only had $20 on them. i was too scared to up my bet because i didnt think i could keep winning. at the end of the day i had won about $9k and my biggest bet was $20.
Those were the days when you could get overs, the last 3 months i think my ratio of winners to 2nds is about 1 to 20. But thats racing!!
One time when i just started betting i had $2 on a horse in the Hiskens steeply and it only won because the leader fell with one jump to go. the rest of the day i ended up winning about $1000. These days are so rare that i always remember them!

From memory one week I turned $100 into about $3000 where I could do no wrong, I do remember the following week losing $1000 of it in about two nights, scary how easy it is to lose money so quickly after working hard / getting lucky to win it, made me realise if you're on a good streak you have to make sure you take care of the profits and don't waste them on silly bets, because everyone eventually goes through a form slump!

Derby day prob 10 years ago.. Up $3500 or so by mid point of the day. Come end of the race day and probably 15 beers down and some stupid chemicals circulating lost it all. Withdrew $1000 on my CC ( 20% interest ) and lost that, attempted to drive home and crashed my car into the mediun strip on the freeway, car wasn't quite a right off and no one was hurt.

Fair to say that taught me enough about punting to keep it recreational and fun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Derby day prob 10 years ago.. Up $3500 or so by mid point of the day. Come end of the race day and probably 15 beers down and some stupid chemicals circulating lost it all. Withdrew $1000 on my CC ( 20% interest ) and lost that, attempted to drive home and crashed my car into the mediun strip on the freeway, car wasn't quite a right off and no one was hurt.

Fair to say that taught me enough about punting to keep it recreational and fun.

That's one hell of a downswing mate, holy s**t.

Good times :thumbsu:

this looks like an appropriate place for some bragging and having no evidence to back up claims, turned $20 into $200 on the weekend by all upping the promo odds of $2 sydney swans into $5 for ball of muscle at doomben the next day. had $5 in my william hill account, got 100% of the quaddie jackpot at melton friday night and backed winx in the main race at doomben on saturday. 4 bets, 4 wins in a weekend ( not including a refund for missing the final leg of the doomen quaddie) is as good a hot streak as i've had in a while.

The last 7 days for me. Foreplay last Friday at the Geelong synthetic, got serious at mv on sat and has climaxed (aahhhh...) yesterday with the quaddie at flemington. There might be one more shot left in the barrel at bendigo though, half a dozen horses going for the quad there.
Have you been putting mystery bets on again?

Have you been putting mystery bets on again?

Yep. Got a tri for 50c at Healesville dogs that paid $78, parlayed that into a pot, a parma and a dozen stubbies, at home waiting for the wife to come home from work tuned into my David gateley tips quaddie - didn't get a single leg but had a feature pack mystery and turned that into another $150. That paid for strippers and a rub and tug that night while the wife was at her night job. Happy days!

Yep. Got a tri for 50c at Healesville dogs that paid $78, parlayed that into a pot, a parma and a dozen stubbies, at home waiting for the wife to come home from work tuned into my David gateley tips quaddie - didn't get a single leg but had a feature pack mystery and turned that into another $150. That paid for strippers and a rub and tug that night while the wife was at her night job. Happy days!

Where do you get a lap dance and a rub and tug for $150?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back