On the 1st day of xmas

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay folks. Inspired by Tony Lynn 15 and his relentless pursuit of all things nostalgic, we are going to raise this old chestnut from the dead. Rather than vote purely on our best #1, best #2 etc, we are going to start a new thread every day to discuss Carlton players by Guernsey numbers ... memories, videos, analysis, photos, whatever you want.

We will run this until the end of the year ... 46 days left so will double up on some days near the end. If the front page becomes too clogged up, we'll start closing some off or moving them to a sub board.

So here we go ...

On the first day of Christmas my Blue love gave to me, the #1 Guernsey in Carlton history.

Share your memories of Carlton players who have worn #1 for the Carlton Football Club

One of my favourite number 1s could be back at the club very soon if rumours are true. Then we'll have both my favourite number 1s @ Princes Park :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't get any better than Jim Canfield for mine ... a beautifully balanced player we never saw the best of ...

Who the hell is Jim Canfield?
There have been 6 players have worn the number 1 during my time following the Blues (1969 onwards).

Jim Canfield played 9 games in 1977 and tbh I have no recollection of him playing at all.

Of the other 5 players I would rank them :
SOS
Serge (although I only saw the last years , retired very early 70s)
Walker
Wells
Collins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back