On the 6th day of xmas

Remove this Banner Ad

Chitty, Crane & Simpson are all worthy of honours.
I have only seen Simpson play so can not comment on the other two.

Seeing Simpson on the deck unconsious because of a absolute mongrel act by a black an white eagle.
Imagine the reaction if Bob Chitty was playing when Simmo was cleaned up by that collingwood dog.

Willing to bet Sharrod's pretty boy looks would not be the same.

Imagine the reaction if Bob Chitty was playing when Simmo was cleaned up by that collingwood dog.

Willing to bet Sharrod's pretty boy looks would not be the same.
I am willing to bet that he wouldnt be playing football for a very long time if Chitty got hold of him... or Big Nick as well :D

Clape, Dora and Bortolotto handy players in their time but Simmo easily best number 6 in our time. Plays with heart, courage and skill. Classy bloke. True leader in way he plays. However before my time it sounds like Gary Crane was a special player and Bob Chitty such a legend he even played the role of Ned Kelly. Think this is first number so far where the el supremo for that guernsey number played before any of us got close to existing. How I would love to go back in time and be at 1945 grand final on our own ground.

Last edited:
Clape, Doro and Bortolotto handy players in their time but Simmo easily best number 6 in our time. Plays with heart, courage and skill. Classy bloke. True leader in way he plays. However before my time it sounds like Gary Crane was a special player and Bob Chitty such a legend he even played the role of Ned Kelly. Think this is first number so far where the el supremo for that guernsey number played before any of us got close to existing. How I would love to go back in time and be at 1945 grand final on our own ground.
If you can think back to how the crowd was the day that Milburn got silvagni, if you times that by 50 I reckon you would get pretty close to the atmosphere.

Maybe thylacine60 or mediumsizered were there that day......:)

I was there. Never been more angry after a game than that one.
From memory we won the game easily, but everything that that could go wrong that would effect rest of our season , did go wrong.
I imagine similar anger raged at the Bloodbath but it got used for violence. South and Carlton players went to war. Gotta admit love the nicknames of the time like Basher Williams. I suspect there has been no more violent game than that one. Nothing in my time of watching sounds like it has come close. Although that Bourke guy in Collingwood reserves side really lost it one day at Lake Side Oval.

Have to mention Matt Clape, 1995 premiership player. Just another addition to the great side where it all came together for us. No frills footballer, played a lead up half forward role in the GF IIRC. Always remember him taking strong marks out in front with his opponent all over him.

View attachment 93598

It's Klapḝ if you don't mind...

I was there. Never been more angry after a game than that one.
From memory we won the game easily, but everything that that could go wrong that would effect rest of our season , did go wrong.
I imagine similar anger raged at the Bloodbath but it got used for violence. South and Carlton players went to war. Gotta admit love the nicknames of the time like Basher Williams. I suspect there has been no more violent game than that one. Nothing in my time of watching sounds like it has come close. Although that Bourke guy in Collingwood reserves side really lost it one day at Lake Side Oval.

What about the day Banks dropped Rhys!!!

Dorra/Simmo for me in the #6. Our current #6 should maybe be the current Captain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back