cormick

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 13, 2007
em dub
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Burgers, City
Similar from Tugga's thread; if Richmond were to lose one player, who would you least like to lose? Who could we least afford to lose?

Probably only four realistic options, some might hesitantly mention a fifth.

Hard to choose - Probably would hate to lose Cotch the most.

Probably Jack. We're developing some depth in our midfield for a start, and I think a quality midfielder would be easier to replace than a young, Coleman winning full forward.

Riewoldt, midfielders can be replaced fairly easily, even good ones. But finding a KPF that can win a game of their own boot is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

For discussion's sake, couldn't it be argued that even without Jack, we could be, like Carlton and Geelong, good without a dominant key forward?

dustin most likely or cotch

Jack is an interesting one because i haven't really seen us without him

1.Cotchin 2. Martin 3. Jack 4. Lids 5. Vickory
Interesting. After Cotch, I'd have Deledio, Jack, Vickery, Rance and then Martin. That's no disresect to Martin, I just think we could replace him at this stage, easiest.

For discussion's sake, couldn't it be argued that even without Jack, we could be, like Carlton and Geelong, good without a dominant key forward?

Richmond supporters of all people should respect an accurate goal kicking full forward more than anyone after years of frustration with Richo.

And no way Martin is that far down the list. The guy is a gun and has only played 2 seasons, could easily be our best player over the next 10 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cotchin.

He is (or is becoming) the heart and soul of the club. The inspirational leader. He is/will be what Hird was to the Bombers, Buckley to the Pies or Voss to the lions.

If he were to leave I don't think I'd ever recover from it.

Martin a close second, due to the fact that he could be a once in a generation player.

The top five virtually picks itself. Cotchin, Martin, Delidio, Riewoldt and Vickery. One issue we have is that we do not have many other players who are contenders for this top five. If the same question was asked of Collingwood or Geelong there would be 10 or more contending five. This time last year Vickery would not have been on this list. Who of our current young players could improve enough in the next 12 months to be regarded as top five? I'M nominating Batchelor. I think he could become a cross between Heath Shaw and Corey Enright. Both would be regarded as on the cusp of top five within their clubs.

Cotchin by a loong way , leadership is a significant factor in clubs and he is long way out in front in leadership , couple that with being our most consistant player in the past season and I think it speaks for itself .
1. Cotchin

2. Reiwoldt
3. Newman ( leadership factor )
4. Dusty
5. Lids

Geelong have exceptional talent and depth across the board, and don't discount the fact that Mooney, Pods, Hawkins, Ottens plus their smaller brigade still amount to a handy forward line. PLUS the Cats are living proof that you can lose your best marquee midfielder and win a premiership.

For me, the lack of a quality key forward is the reason the Blues are still a step back from the top couple of sides. If someone (Kreuzer?) can step up, that will push them up to flag contenders IMO.

I'm sticking with my choice of Riewoldt in terms of hardest to replace structurally, even though I think the loss of Cotchin or Martin would be more devestating to the emotions of supporters.

Geelong have exceptional talent and depth across the board, and don't discount the fact that Mooney, Pods, Hawkins, Ottens plus their smaller brigade still amount to a handy forward line. PLUS the Cats are living proof that you can lose your best marquee midfielder and win a premiership.

For me, the lack of a quality key forward is the reason the Blues are still a step back from the top couple of sides. If someone (Kreuzer?) can step up, that will push them up to flag contenders IMO.

I'm sticking with my choice of Riewoldt in terms of hardest to replace structurally, even though I think the loss of Cotchin or Martin would be more devestating to the emotions of supporters.

I was at the game yesterday and Kreuzer looked very good

Cotchin by a loong way , leadership is a significant factor in clubs and he is long way out in front in leadership , couple that with being our most consistant player in the past season and I think it speaks for itself .
1. Cotchin

2. Reiwoldt
3. Newman ( leadership factor )
4. Dusty
5. Lids

Newman's an interesting one of all of those 5 names I would've thought he would've been the easiest for us to cover. Cotchin as captain, Houli,Deledio, Batchelor on the HBF.

Don't get me wrong, he's a valuable member of the side but I can't see us covering, ATM, what the others bring to the team.

Newman's an interesting one of all of those 5 names I would've thought he would've been the easiest for us to cover. Cotchin as captain, Houli,Deledio, Batchelor on the HBF.

Don't get me wrong, he's a valuable member of the side but I can't see us covering, ATM, what the others bring to the team.

Without leadership you are screwed and Newmans leadership ATM is paramount in ensuring others like Jacka and Dustin stay on the right track .

Cotchin.

Sure you can replace mids, but you cannot easily replace leaders of his ilk.

Deledio. I think he is the X Factor, the player with that intangible quality that will turn games when we have all the pieces of the jigsaw in place.

Our Johnson, Rioli, Goddard or Franklin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back