OT: A-League Expansion

Feb 24, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
New York Giants, Adelaide Strikers
I have been watching from a distance all this talk about the A-League expanding and the A-League in favour of having a relegation/promotion in place in the future, Obviously they cannot do it with 8 team nor could they with 12 teams, 16 teams seems the go IMO so they need to get alot more teams.

For us people with good memories in 2003 when Adelaide United was created they said they wanted to be as much like the Adelaide Football Club as possible to be succesful. For that reason I have hated them ever since and never really followed the A-League.

I read in the paper the other day that Adelaide City have poured millions of dollars into Oakden Park in hope of being Adelaides 2nd A-League team BUT I also read on BigSoccer that somone suggested that they created a Power type Club with the colours of Teal,Black,White to create an AFL like Rival with Adelaide United.

My question to you is that If An Adelaide City/Power team was admitted to the A-League would you support them? What about you Current Power/United fans would you jump ship? I like Soccer but I have just never had a team to follow so as soon as a 2nd Adelaide team comes thats my team!

For starters I wouldnt abandon Adelaide United now for any team.... If by some miracle chance the Port Pirates were admitted to the A-League I would probably support them along with Adelaide, but even speculating about this is ridiculous. There won't be another A-League team in Adelaide for at least 30 years, if ever.

Back