Our kick-ins: a continual state of hopelessness

Remove this Banner Ad

I still remember clisbys first attempt against essendon? Where he got called to go and instead rushed it through making it deliberate lol

Hehe yeh I remember that, it was against Sydney last year. He was pretty ripped off in my opinion too, clearly he totally cocked it up, but he was under extreme pressure when he rushed it, so I reckon harshly done by. But geez it was funny.

Hehe yeh I remember that, it was against Sydney last year. He was pretty ripped off in my opinion too, clearly he totally cocked it up, but he was under extreme pressure when he rushed it, so I reckon harshly done by. But geez it was funny.
I think it was his first game for us as well and it was one of his first possesions, poor bugger lol

Not sure why Dunn doesn't play on and run around the man on the mark. It would get him to 30 metres out and a good roost up the guts would have the ball in our forward half. I don't expect this every time, just now and then. The other option is for someone to present 30-35 metres directly out from goal - in the corridor. Kicking to the right half back flank is way too predictable.

I think this would be pretty difficult to do.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I Thing he got pinged because he did not kick it but just walked through goals

I remember Garland trying to do this a couple of years ago against the Hawks and Cyril was the man on the mark. I'm sure you can all work out how than ended.

Garland brushed him off like a spider on ya shirt and then barreled a goal from 125m away?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I couldn't help noticing how well gold coast were setting up for our kick ins. In that second quarter I was actually hoping one of those behinds go through the middle, just so we could get it back in the center on even terms.

I couldn't help noticing how well gold coast were setting up for our kick ins. In that second quarter I was actually hoping one of those behinds go through the middle, just so we could get it back in the center on even terms.

Would be a good theory, except we're stone motherless last for centre square clearances this season.

We've had the same number of centre square clearances as we've kicked goals this year. 40 each.

Interesting yet depressing factoid.

I think we've improved this area a lot since last year - have you guys forgotten plans A, B and C of 'kick it to Jamar'?

Salem will be a handy user in defense when he comes in, along with Garland.

I think we've improved this area a lot since last year - have you guys forgotten plans A, B and C of 'kick it to Jamar'?

Salem will be a handy user in defense when he comes in, along with Garland.

The day Melbourne doesnt have to anoint someone who hasnt even played a game as the solution to a problem is the day we have started to progress

The day Melbourne doesnt have to anoint someone who hasnt even played a game as the solution to a problem is the day we have started to progress
No idea what you're talking about.

11b25qh.jpg

Players must be being told not to kick it up the middle because out of the 20 times they had the opportunity they only did it once when the game was basically over. It seems like they're not spreading because they know where the balls going to be kicked to regardless.

They also avoided the corridor a lot on the weekend, probably worried about turnovers from dropped chest marks, like the one I think Bail dropped just outside 50 that went straight back to them for a quick goal.

Whatever it is I'm sure (I hope) there is a reason they are just kicking it to contests.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back