Ovens & Murray discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

No doubt the Gateway are a generous sponsor, but knowing Wendy and Pete as I do I would say that they would be the last people to risk their reputation, business, or the club they love with anything untoward or outside the rules.

We’ve all heard the rumours about house and land packages, Malibu boats, and 100k+ wages for sweeping up job sites bandied about in relation to certain clubs over the years. I can’t imagine letting the boys (and girls) use the pool and sauna at the Gateway for recovery rates much of a mention next to that 🤷

So you’re saying the only rumours you’ve ever heard about the gateway is that they offer the pool and sauna to new recruits and that’s the the catalyst for blokes signing for a club they have little or nothing to do with previously?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So you’re saying the only rumours you’ve ever heard about the gateway is that they offer the pool and sauna to new recruits and that’s the the catalyst for blokes signing for a club they have little or nothing to do with previously?

Full of O&K travellers back in the day. ...when the Vic (RIP) was on fire.

Tom McDonagh signed and sealed at rovers. I’m starting to think all the rumours I’m hearing of coin being offered can’t be true?
How well is the Gateway going?
Albury got their talons into Isaac Smith too, big coin, 4-5 games, qualify for finals type set up.

Unless he has upped his game he used to get bullied in the O&K, Muller will be licking his chops at the chance

Unless he has upped his game he used to get bullied in the O&K, Muller will be licking his chops at the chance
Haven’t had a chuckle this hard in some time, old pea heart won’t know which way to tap the Sherrin, Rovers can stake claim to the strongest midfield of the past two decades, can’t bloody wait. The only thing that can go wrong is players put in the wrong positions, half the side deserve a license to roam, Filo is at his best when he hunts the footy. Crezza deserves praise for this rebuild. Muzza needs to become more callous, he can’t play favourites, this is business.

No doubt the Gateway are a generous sponsor, but knowing Wendy and Pete as I do I would say that they would be the last people to risk their reputation, business, or the club they love with anything untoward or outside the rules.

We’ve all heard the rumours about house and land packages, Malibu boats, and 100k+ wages for sweeping up job sites bandied about in relation to certain clubs over the years. I can’t imagine letting the boys (and girls) use the pool and sauna at the Gateway for recovery rates much of a mention next to that 🤷
I was told that as long as it's made available to every player on the list & it isn't on an individual basis, accommodation/travel arrangements (e.g. team bus, not a fuel payment or something) don't constitute a player payments and won't be included in salary cap:think:

Haven’t had a chuckle this hard in some time, old pea heart won’t know which way to tap the Sherrin, Rovers can stake claim to the strongest midfield of the past two decades, can’t bloody wait. The only thing that can go wrong is players put in the wrong positions, half the side deserve a license to roam, Filo is at his best when he hunts the footy. Crezza deserves praise for this rebuild. Muzza needs to become more callous, he can’t play favourites, this is business.

On Milawa's finest for brekky I see.
Anywhere, anytime LOL.

From memory I think 2015 was his last season in the ovens and king but happy to be proven wrong, and he certainly didn’t take the league by storm but he was still quiet young. I thought he was a good contributor in his time at Myrt, defs played some good footy at Mansfield. I’m keen to know what the draw card to rovers is

From memory I think 2015 was his last season in the ovens and king but happy to be proven wrong, and he certainly didn’t take the league by storm but he was still quiet young. I thought he was a good contributor in his time at Myrt, defs played some good footy at Mansfield. I’m keen to know what the draw card to rovers is

Like the rest of the recruits. Robbie Walker transcends generations

Would prime train even know who Robbie walker was, let alone Karlos. No wonder Geoff gave him the death stare, will he be back Geoff? Or will they run out of points to fit him in.

I'd still think he'd be a good fit at corowa to bring in the crowds, live up there for 6 months and do a doco on the club returning to the fold

Would prime train even know who Robbie walker was, let alone Karlos. No wonder Geoff gave him the death stare, will he be back Geoff? Or will they run out of points to fit him in.

I'd still think he'd be a good fit at corowa to bring in the crowds, live up there for 6 months and do a doco on the club returning to the fold
Other than the family of players I'm not sure what other crowds Corowa could expect. This 'influencer" might drag in a few 12 year old kids for a couple of games. It's highly unlikely that the Corowa demographic will give up their bowls or golf to watch a second rate O&M footballer. He's not new to the competition, he's well known and it doesn't appear he's got much going for him in the footy side of things if his time at the Rovers is any guide.

What did he do for them off the field? What did he do for them on the field?

Some of the teams in the Hume League have an amazing following which creates a great atmosphere on match day, Corowa could learn from that.

If Corowa want some publicity maybe they could put a statue of Ronald McDonald out the front, other than that just try and get a team together and create some spirit.

No but many kids in the hum league, might come in or from Tallangatta, to see him. Like him or not, he's videos get quite the following, from all types. I don't think he fitted in with rovers system, he played well up in Darwin, a lesser league, but a new team, with more responsibility might help him in the ovens and murray more.

Corowa need to throw the kitchen sink at lappin from Chiltern and bradtke, and maybe wilson, if they land those three, they could sneak into 5th, with prime train as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Other than the family of players I'm not sure what other crowds Corowa could expect. This 'influencer" might drag in a few 12 year old kids for a couple of games. It's highly unlikely that the Corowa demographic will give up their bowls or golf to watch a second rate O&M footballer. He's not new to the competition, he's well known and it doesn't appear he's got much going for him in the footy side of things if his time at the Rovers is any guide.

What did he do for them off the field? What did he do for them on the field?

Some of the teams in the Hume League have an amazing following which creates a great atmosphere on match day, Corowa could learn from that.

If Corowa want some publicity maybe they could put a statue of Ronald McDonald out the front, other than that just try and get a team together and create some spirit.
Half your luck 76 , good start

No but many kids in the hum league, might come in or from Tallangatta, to see him. Like him or not, he's videos get quite the following, from all types. I don't think he fitted in with rovers system, he played well up in Darwin, a lesser league, but a new team, with more responsibility might help him in the ovens and murray more.

Corowa need to throw the kitchen sink at lappin from Chiltern and bradtke, and maybe wilson, if they land those three, they could sneak into 5th, with prime train as well
Agreed.Corowa need to be raiding all the bush clubs you r normans don’t grow on trees but they’re are some serious talent out there. Agree with Lappin, comes from the finest pedigree, his uncle haunted Milawa for years back when men were men.lappin needs to step up
Shove it beddy , I’m sensing a lot indignation our backs were against the wall too , recent. Recent history, look where we are now , tall poppy syndrome , I’ll throw hands at anyone ho gets in my way this year , we’re the big dogs now, shove it . I’ve nothing but supported Corowa, would olive to help out but too many cowboys .

Agreed.Corowa need to be raiding all the bush clubs you r normans don’t grow on trees but they’re are some serious talent out there. Agree with Lappin, comes from the finest pedigree, his uncle haunted Milawa for years back when men were men.

Shove it beddy , I’m sensing a lot indignation our backs were against the wall too , recent. Recent history, look where we are now , tall poppy syndrome , I’ll throw hands at anyone ho gets in my way this year , we’re the big dogs now, shove it . I’ve nothing but supported Corowa, would olive to help out but too many cowboys .
You are a complete f wit76

Corowa need to throw the kitchen sink at lappin from Chiltern and bradtke, and maybe wilson, if they land those three, they could sneak into 5th, with prime train as
0/3 on any of those players running out for CR. even if they did fifth spot in reach? you can’t be serious. They’ve got about 25 players signed now and bulk of them are depth at best.

0/3 on any of those players running out for CR. even if they did fifth spot in reach? you can’t be serious. They’ve got about 25 players signed now and bulk of them are depth at best.
I'd suggest the "signings" would be an agreement to play provided certain conditions were met by the club which in no small part would include fielding a team and guaranteeing payment to players. The announcement a couple of weeks ago is looking more like bravado than anything else, maybe it was sending a message out to the wider football community that things are progressing.

They need a couple of names on the list, that'll send a message!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back