Ovens & Murray discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

And maybe a job
I don’t think recruits are lured to Corowa with the promise of work, you got the slaughter house and McDonalds, the cheque books open with paper flying everywhere. Corowa need a big time player, Houlihan, Longmire, Mayhew where’s the next crop of potential premiership players? It’s not in Geelong I’ll tell you that much. Think local, hunt in the bush, there’s plenty of talent to be unearthed, save some dollars too.

I don’t think recruits are lured to Corowa with the promise of work, you got the slaughter house and McDonalds, the cheque books open with paper flying everywhere. Corowa need a big time player, Houlihan, Longmire, Mayhew where’s the next crop of potential premiership players? It’s not in Geelong I’ll tell you that much. Think local, hunt in the bush, there’s plenty of talent to be unearthed, save some dollars too.
Thanks for your usual positive input . Also there is Uncle Toby's !

Thanks for your usual positive input . Also there is Uncle Toby's !
You need to stick a big name then the momentum shifts, you think Glenrowan win four with out landing Norman? I wouldn’t have thought so. A big time name creates an infectious buzz, others want to be a part of it and will show up on the doorstep with no baggage. I’d be calling the Horse and grovelling, get three retired Swans stars. Let’s hope the main course is still bubbling on the backdrop.

You need to stick a big name then the momentum shifts, you think Glenrowan win four with out landing Norman? I wouldn’t have thought so. A big time name creates an infectious buzz, others want to be a part of it and will show up on the doorstep with no baggage. I’d be calling the Horse and grovelling, get three retired Swans stars. Let’s hope the main course is still bubbling on the backdrop.
WAFW

Norman Gunston?

What happened to getting a big name at Glenrowan? You make it sound so easy.
Would rather get beaten most weeks and return than hand over the keys to a rugby league club imo IMG_0378.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

There's Wang businesses, Albury / Wodonga, Yarra, wealthy farmers around, wineries, professional businesses abound so it's not just Maccas. It depends on the person doesn't it? If they're a tradie and there's a building company attached to the club then it's a no-brainer, tradies are a transient lot especially in this climate. I'm sure something other than the lure of a gig at Maccas could be found.

What happened to getting a big name at Glenrowan? You make it sound so easy.
Would rather get beaten most weeks and return than hand over the keys to a rugby league club imoView attachment 1851551

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Kerryn knows her onions!
Spot on with that call. Three years and counting.

What corowa need is the best 10 players under 25 from the o&k, Tallangatta and Hume leagues, that should be their priority, easier said than done, but if they get a big name recruit, it makes it soo much easier, the fact we haven't seen bradtke yet as part of the ins, even if he's playing vfl worries me.

Banfield looks OK, not sure the big grounds will suit him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What corowa need is the best 10 players under 25 from the o&k, Tallangatta and Hume leagues, that should be their priority, easier said than done, but if they get a big name recruit, it makes it soo much easier, the fact we haven't seen bradtke yet as part of the ins, even if he's playing vfl worries me.

If they had fairdinkum talent scouts they’d have them eyeing off all the oppositions fringe players.
Shouldn’t be allowed to start until new year
If you want to be subpar kick back until after Christmas . The serious players will put the work in regardless, we’ve got two dozen blokes throwing iron around most nights of the week, watching the fork and pounding the bitumen from the second week of Oct. Corowa need to start early more than any other side, building relationships would be on top of agenda one would think. People don’t realise, you can bust the cap and have unlimited funds, but more importantly you need good operators to get the job done.

If they had fairdinkum talent scouts they’d have them eyeing off all the oppositions fringe players.

If you want to be subpar kick back until after Christmas . The serious players will put the work in regardless, we’ve got two dozen blokes throwing iron around most nights of the week, watching the fork and pounding the bitumen from the second week of Oct. Corowa need to start early more than any other side, building relationships would be on top of agenda one would think. People don’t realise, you can bust the cap and have unlimited funds, but more importantly you need good operators to get the job done.
76 reasons you should be banned Geoff

Country footy mate. In my opinion one of the reasons for the dramatic decline in player numbers over the last decade is be because of the increase in demands on local footballers. Do not try to tell me I’m wrong because I have experienced it

Country footy mate. In my opinion one of the reasons for the dramatic decline in player numbers over the last decade is be because of the increase in demands on local footballers. Do not try to tell me I’m wrong because I have experienced it
The demand on players coincided with the players commanding ridiculous dollars. But as Baulch showed, no amount of hard work buys you talent.

I could be wrong but maybe he’s holding out in hope of being re drafted.
Saves a bit of Face for the Club if he waits rather than say I’m back and then gets drafted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back