Retired #19: David Hille - Three games short of 200.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 5, 2004
Point Cook
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Red Sox, Man U, Chi Bears
526941_3846293654668_1755759179_n.jpg

Way too up and down

Re: 19. David Hille

he was only good for a half, if that, against the pies

David Hille

Pitiful last night and copped a brox cheer for it from our own fans just like Justin Murphy copped in round 20' 05 and it turned out to be his last game for the club.

Has Hille played his last game for the club?

Is he on the table come trade week?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: David Hille

I am sick to death of his mistakes. He has absoloutely no footy smarts. How was the time in the last quarter when he stood 1 metre away from the ruck contest and decided to spectate as Tuck sharked it and goaled across his body ? Laycock has clearly taken over from him as our number one ruck, and Laycock himself has plenty of flaws but at least he tries his guts out and does plenty each week to show that he is going to get better and better. Hille just does nothing.

Hille isnt a bad footballer. He didn't play well yesterday but that doens't take away from the fact that he can be a good ruckman, not great but good. Trading him is a risk, as it means Ryder will have to ruck and he may be mroe useful elsewhere. However, Laycock looks 5 times better when he is allowed to ruck the majority of a game and Hille obviously doens't like being the number two ruckman. If we can get a great deal, which is possible as a 24 year old ruckman who has shown a bit and has more improvement in him is a rare trade commodity, then we should maybe look at a trade.

Hille isnt a bad footballer. He didn't play well yesterday but that doens't take away from the fact that he can be a good ruckman, not great but good. Trading him is a risk, as it means Ryder will have to ruck and he may be mroe useful elsewhere. However, Laycock looks 5 times better when he is allowed to ruck the majority of a game and Hille obviously doens't like being the number two ruckman. If we can get a great deal, which is possible as a 24 year old ruckman who has shown a bit and has more improvement in him is a rare trade commodity, then we should maybe look at a trade.
He is good around the grounds, when he can go body on body. But in the centre bounce, he is useless. He mistimes his jump and doesnt try and hit the other player, which he should try and do seeing as though he would be one of the heaviest ruckmen going around.

Seems to be low on confidence more than anything, new coach might change things around.

Can't see him being trade bait.

Will Ryder move into the ruck on a permanet basis? I thought he was the next CHB

What about developing him more as a Jonathon Brown type CHF. He's the same body type and I've seen him kick some huge goals from the 50. Pity, I thought last year was the making of him, but he's definately gone backwards this year :(

I am sick to death of his mistakes. He has absoloutely no footy smarts. How was the time in the last quarter when he stood 1 metre away from the ruck contest and decided to spectate as Tuck sharked it and goaled across his body ? Laycock has clearly taken over from him as our number one ruck, and Laycock himself has plenty of flaws but at least he tries his guts out and does plenty each week to show that he is going to get better and better. Hille just does nothing.

Maybe if Scotty Lucas could manage to kick the ball on to the guys chest not 5 metres in front of him it would help....

I remember saying something like this about 12 weeks ago....

HE IS A DUD bad thing is...he has become so s**t we wont get anything for him..

I guess none of you bagging him remember that goal he kicked from 55 that went through half way up or the one he got in the goal square... Yeah what a dud.. Did more then a lot of other players yesterday

I guess none of you bagging him remember that goal he kicked from 55 that went through half way up or the one he got in the goal square... Yeah what a dud.. Did more then a lot of other players yesterday
Yeah, but that was after the worst marking attempt in the history of the game. He went for it one handed, and turned his head. He broke the 2 basic rules of marking: two hands and keep your eyes on the ball. It was embarrasing as far as im concerned.

yeah he did do more...more turnovers than anyone else...look i wouldnt mind if he did play at CHF great kick for goal...but he continuly is rucking...he is too worried about the man coming at him....use his 110kg body and no one will stop him... BUT FFS DONT RUCK HIM!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back