Delisted #38: Michael Ross - Delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: #38: Michael Ross - How many AFL games in 2012?

A couple of games at best, unless he really steps up.

Too much depth in the side at the moment for him to get a game - he played in 2011 when Lonergan and Hocking were out, when injuries were pushing Dyson to get a run of games. Will be harder in 2012 as we are currently fully fit, with other guys pushing for places that free up guys like Heppell and Myers to also run roles we might have given him.

Ross seems to be falling into the forgotten pile at the moment. I've seen him live at VFL level two or three times this year, and he's had good moments.

Yet, even with our injury problems, he doesn't really seem close to selection. Is he still having injury problems? Or just genuinely nowhere near it?

From what I have seen of him, I like him so I hope he is persevered with next year.

Ross seems to be falling into the forgotten pile at the moment. I've seen him live at VFL level two or three times this year, and he's had good moments.

Yet, even with our injury problems, he doesn't really seem close to selection. Is he still having injury problems? Or just genuinely nowhere near it?

From what I have seen of him, I like him so I hope he is persevered with next year.

My bet would be match fitness, he has missed alot of footy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How much influence does the player agent have on when a player re-signs? We saw a few people signed during the year, but Myers and Jetta didn't start negotiations until after the season apparently. Maybe it's just that his agent has told him to wait until the end of the year, although as a 2 game 2 year player he probably doesn't have a lot of hand in any negotiations.

How much influence does the player agent have on when a player re-signs? We saw a few people signed during the year, but Myers and Jetta didn't start negotiations until after the season apparently. Maybe it's just that his agent has told him to wait until the end of the year, although as a 2 game 2 year player he probably doesn't have a lot of hand in any negotiations.
It would be the club doing the delaying.

Sign everybody pre trade/free agency and then find out a goddard wants to sign with us and we don't have the list space? Tell the players they aren't required, miss all our target recruits and draft into the 7th round? Better players of the same type become available in trade talk? Sign a guy up to find a club is keen on him but he doesn't want to go and sees no reason to since he has a contract? Etc

It's important to have some flexibility going into post season trading.

Wasn't he resigned?

It must have been Steinberg in that photograph.

The last time I watched a Bendigo game I kept mistaking Steinberg for Ross. It must be the hair. I was thinking, "What a gutsy mark by Ross! Maybe I was wrong about him... oh no, it's Steinberg."

Fair enough... Was really going to be competing with the likes of Kavanagh, Merrett, Collyer etc who are all fringe players. No doubt the powers that be rated those guys ahead of him. Never looked like he was going to be a world beater to me.

Pretty disappointing considering he had a bit of potential.

But when you look at it he played junior footy with Heppell and look how different their stories have been.

Hit and miss these days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back