Delisted #2: Ricky Dyson

Remove this Banner Ad

That is reasoning on an incredibly slippery slope.

To try and get some objective insight, Hawthorn seems to believe that it has a better chance of winning a flag with Hooker in its side than not.

So Hookers in our best side in your opinion?

Hawthorn seemed to think he was a viable option? Pie in the sky stuff mate...your kidding urself.

Rather than criticising my slippery slope reasoning, how abt you give yours...

Certainly not the worst player to have around for depth.
100% right whats the point in just delisting players to draft players with at late picks you will probably just delist. Look at the tigers and dees when they did it drafting players like nason and other how many of them are still around. Imo unless you can get a few picks under 50 and plan to get a player or 2 through FA or if you finish low enough have them walk to your club through the pre season draft.
Whats the point really? Keep the depth create selection pressure, don't just gift games to kids make them earn a spot in the team. Also a lot of the time these players with less talent are very good on the training track so let the younger guys learn from them, lets not for for the trap of youth.

So Hookers in our best side in your opinion?

He was when we were relatively fit and firing.

And a pretty damn important part of it at that.

Nonetheless, if you want to talk about Cale Hooker, there's a Cale Hooker thread.

He was when we were relatively fit and firing.

And a pretty damn important part of it at that.

Nonetheless, if you want to talk about Cale Hooker, there's a Cale Hooker thread.

Damn straight he is. I just cannot get over how much crap this board dishes out on him. Everyone has been listening to Eddie McGuire take the piss out of his running style. The best part of the first half of this season he did a fantastic job and got no recognition for it. The midfields drops out and we get bombarded with inside 50s and then everyone notices him and makes a scapegoat out of him. Ricky Dyson i thought this year was pretty good too and agood backup player. It is just unfortunate for him he is competing against the likes of Hibberd who reads the play a whole lot better than he does.

There's a great YouTube channel that uploads videos of nearly every win we have, and only has our highlights as opposed to the highlights of both sides, which I enjoy.

Anyway, after going through most videos of games we won last year, there are moments where Ricky Dyson pulls off absolutely amazing kicks inside 50. Just.. wow.
This might be very late, but can't believe we got rid of him. He's a very handy player, we need players who are, dare I say it, elite kicks.

There's a great YouTube channel that uploads videos of nearly every win we have, and only has our highlights as opposed to the highlights of both sides, which I enjoy.

Anyway, after going through most videos of games we won last year, there are moments where Ricky Dyson pulls off absolutely amazing kicks inside 50. Just.. wow.
This might be very late, but can't believe we got rid of him. He's a very handy player, we need players who are, dare I say it, elite kicks.
dw29392 is the Youtube channel

There's an entire thread devoted just to his delisting- I can't be arsed looking for it right now, but It certainly sharply divided many of us on this board.

I was in the 'keep him' camp. Still am, but that's useless now.

Not sure where he's playing footy this year. Would have been nice to still have him playing for the VFL team at least, but it wasn't to be.

Was also in the keep him camp.

We did draft Ashby, Gleeson and Hams as small/running defenders, but none really have the footskills that Dyson did, which is even more baffling.

But what's done is done, hopefully one of those three can bob up and fill the void this year

Not sure where he's playing footy this year. Would have been nice to still have him playing for the VFL team at least, but it wasn't to be.
I believe he is playing for Bundoora Doss, with Moorcroft and Cam Cloke :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For anyone interested (who could be no one) Ricky Dyson's profile pic on FB still has him with Hurley, T-Bell (I think it's him anyway, hard to tell) and Pears. I guess he hasn't cut all ties with the club, which is nice to see.

I promise I'm not actually stalking him, he just popped up on my news feed.

I saw him at the VFL watching our game against Sandringham. He was standing in the outer with someone I didn't recognise.

I wish he was still playing VFL for us. Would be a good old head for the kids to learn off.

Still cannot believe that he is not in the AFL system after the footy he played last year. Can only conclude that his body is the problem and that he gave it away.

Would get games at most sides out of the eight on the form he displayed.

Still cannot believe that he is not in the AFL system after the footy he played last year. Can only conclude that his body is the problem and that he gave it away.

Would get games at most sides out of the eight on the form he displayed.

I think there's a fair chance you are right. He would have been a handy pick up for someone like Melbourne.

Being 26 and going on 27 might not have helped his chances, as well. But you are right, some of the football he played just last year was very good.

I think there's a fair chance you are right. He would have been a handy pick up for someone like Melbourne.

Being 26 and going on 27 might not have helped his chances, as well. But you are right, some of the football he played just last year was very good.

He's better than David Rodan

He's better than David Rodan

Three years younger too.

I'll always fondly recall Dyson's left boot. I remember him spearing a sensational running pass to someone running back against the Eagles last year.

In hindsight, our lack of injuries so far means he probably wouldn't have got a game this year regardless- but he would have great for us in the VFL.

I find it really hard to believe he wouldn't have been looked at by a few other clubs, which might well lend weight to what Bruno said.

Three years younger too.

I'll always fondly recall Dyson's left boot. I remember him spearing a sensational running pass to someone running back against the Eagles last year.

In hindsight, our lack of injuries so far means he probably wouldn't have got a game this year regardless- but he would have great for us in the VFL.

I find it really hard to believe he wouldn't have been looked at by a few other clubs, which might well lend weight to what Bruno said.

I actually think he would get a game ahead of Kommer. Better kick, longer kick, as good defensively

I would have been a handy pick up for Melbourne
Three years younger too.

Everyone remembers Zaka's winner against the Pies in 2009, but ow good was Dyson's bomb from 50m on the boundary right before it. Super goal.

Three years younger too.

perfection, produced a few of those last year and over the course of his career always was a great kick, always will be a dissapointment how his career turned out after the promise he showed as a younger, and indeed in his later years. Would have been nice to have kept him on in the VFL team at least.

perfection, produced a few of those last year and over the course of his career always was a great kick, always will be a dissapointment how his career turned out after the promise he showed as a younger, and indeed in his later years. Would have been nice to have kept him on in the VFL team at least.

Dat kick. Dare i say it....... ELITE!

/lukedarcy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back